Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Or people that just leveled a Class after MoP that didn't have access to it.

But then again the Sets are still different so the only resentful retards seem to be the people that are special snowflakes.
    This is going to sound "elitest" but that is how collecting or acquiring things go in games and in many aspects in real life too. Ever since WoW was created and released on live servers back in Vanilla all of the way up til now there have always been things that had limited time windows to acquire it. Naxx 60 was the best example of this. You had gear & items almost nobody got access to that were then forever retired in their original form & color scheme, and there was a legendary even fewer people and guilds were able to obtain. Every single expansion increased the amount of rewards that were limited, whether bear mounts, raid titles from limited attempts per lockout, gear and quests from older content, transmog sets from dungeons, or legendary rings & questlines. Sure there are players who might feel a little bummed about joining later than many other players, who see a particular reward and wish they could obtain it, but if they weren't active participants in the game's community at the time why would it make sense for them to achieve everything from the past?

These real life examples are a little silly, but it is to help establish my point. Beanie Babies were part of a large collecting craze, and probably still are for some crowds to this date. Some of the stuffed animals that were released early on were relatively or comparatively common for the time, but eventually production for them stopped and the company moved on to produce other Beanie Baby items. After many years some of those first stuffed animals became rare collector items that gradually became more sought after by other collectors. The vast majority of Beanie Baby collectors will never get those collector items because of money and due to the fact that they either were not born doing that early part of the Beanie Baby craze, did not know of the social trend, or any other number of reasons. If there are so many people that want those early items should the company simply reproduce them all over again to make up for the fact that people simply want it?

This second example is where it gets really extreme so take it with even more of a grain of salt, but if somebody got wrapped up into the Olympics sports scene and wished they had got to experience a particular Olympics event they either couldn't or didn't attend would their hopes be realistic to think that the Olympics will be hosted at that same spot with the same countries participating in the events? Most likely not.

Now back to WoW, some things just shouldn't be reproduced because the 'casuals' and 'hardcore' players alike participated in the game during the event of the activity, along with all of the hype, strategy, patience, luck, rng, nerdraging, grinding, etc of the game in that window of time. Eventually those in game achievements would turn into a type of 'veteran's stamp' or 'customer loyalty' type of experience (again both for 'casuals' and 'hardcores' depending on what we're talking about in game). If you join at a later time, or even unsub for who knows how long, why does it make sense for you to obtain literally everything when you weren't an active participant in the game's community and a paying subscribed customer to the product? Having limited windows for some things provides incentives to stay so that you don't miss something because in the end the game is still a product that pays for part of the purpose of the company existing. If you have no worry about missing anything from unsubbing then players wouldn't have a big deal about taking long extended breaks from the game (more than what is normal in today's WoW).

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    This is going to sound "elitest" but that is how collecting or acquiring things go in games and in many aspects in real life too. Ever since WoW was created and released on live servers back in Vanilla all of the way up til now there have always been things that had limited time windows to acquire it. Naxx 60 was the best example of this. You had gear & items almost nobody got access to that were then forever retired in their original form & color scheme, and there was a legendary even fewer people and guilds were able to obtain. Every single expansion increased the amount of rewards that were limited, whether bear mounts, raid titles from limited attempts per lockout, gear and quests from older content, transmog sets from dungeons, or legendary rings & questlines. Sure there are players who might feel a little bummed about joining later than many other players, who see a particular reward and wish they could obtain it, but if they weren't active participants in the game's community at the time why would it make sense for them to achieve everything from the past?

These real life examples are a little silly, but it is to help establish my point. Beanie Babies were part of a large collecting craze, and probably still are for some crowds to this date. Some of the stuffed animals that were released early on were relatively or comparatively common for the time, but eventually production for them stopped and the company moved on to produce other Beanie Baby items. After many years some of those first stuffed animals became rare collector items that gradually became more sought after by other collectors. The vast majority of Beanie Baby collectors will never get those collector items because of money and due to the fact that they either were not born doing that early part of the Beanie Baby craze, did not know of the social trend, or any other number of reasons. If there are so many people that want those early items should the company simply reproduce them all over again to make up for the fact that people simply want it?

This second example is where it gets really extreme so take it with even more of a grain of salt, but if somebody got wrapped up into the Olympics sports scene and wished they had got to experience a particular Olympics event they either couldn't or didn't attend would their hopes be realistic to think that the Olympics will be hosted at that same spot with the same countries participating in the events? Most likely not.

Now back to WoW, some things just shouldn't be reproduced because the 'casuals' and 'hardcore' players alike participated in the game during the event of the activity, along with all of the hype, strategy, patience, luck, rng, nerdraging, grinding, etc of the game in that window of time. Eventually those in game achievements would turn into a type of 'veteran's stamp' or 'customer loyalty' type of experience (again both for 'casuals' and 'hardcores' depending on what we're talking about in game). If you join at a later time, or even unsub for who knows how long, why does it make sense for you to obtain literally everything when you weren't an active participant in the game's community and a paying subscribed customer to the product? Having limited windows for some things provides incentives to stay so that you don't miss something because in the end the game is still a product that pays for part of the purpose of the company existing. If you have no worry about missing anything from unsubbing then players wouldn't have a big deal about taking long extended breaks from the game (more than what is normal in today's WoW).
    Because the Sets are different, thus a non-issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Blizzard should just buckle down and balance MoP and WoD challenge modes to maintain a high level of difficulty and re-release them in Legion with the recolors available that way.

Special snowflakes get to keep their pride by doing it during the original phase, but motivated players can still earn the recolored sets through effort and skill instead of playing facebook clickers. Everyone gets more content to run.

Any downsides to this?
    I think there would be very little replay value for this. Most of the people doing them would probably just be paid like they currently were. Those who completed them over the 1.5 or 2 year period had their time to complete them. The resources would be used better for creating new content we haven't done already.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    Blizzard should just buckle down and balance MoP and WoD challenge modes to maintain a high level of difficulty and re-release them in Legion with the recolors available that way.

Special snowflakes get to keep their pride by doing it during the original phase, but motivated players can still earn the recolored sets through effort and skill instead of playing facebook clickers. Everyone gets more content to run.

Any downsides to this?
    Okay, I gotta give it to you. After reading the initial few posts I couldn't help but shake my head about lotsa people arguing about something I'd consider relatively irrelevant. But this is an idea I'd definitely support. (They could remove the sets as well for all I care, but I'd like to play the old instances scaled up to be a reasonable challenge at 110)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    Wooaa...that's really sad. Never thought they would do something like this with the CM sets from MoP. Not long after we hit 90 back in MoP we got a group together for this to clear the shit, we were the first on the realm to clear it...We were in full blue gear, no sockets. I even had 2 pieces of lvl 85 gear on me still from Dragonsoul....was hard as fuck to clear it then, but we managed. Good thing they are recolored though and look a bit different, so every noob can be happy : P
    90% of this post is full of shit basically saying 'I am a fucking special snowflake, even among snowflakes'.

They shouldn't remove the Challenge mode rewards in the first place. WoW has a glaring issue of abandoning older content. Removing content adds to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    The resources would be used better for creating new content we haven't done already.
    Not everyone has already played all the content. Not everyone has had the same experiences as everyone else. There is a LOT of replay value to be had here, with relatively little investment of time by Blizzard.

I think there would be very little replay value for this. Most of the people doing them would probably just be paid like they currently were. Those who completed them over the 1.5 or 2 year period had their time to complete them. The resources would be used better for creating new content we haven't done already.
    Pretty sure it doesn't take someone on the art/modeling team long to change colors on assets that already exists. Players in other games do it all the time with dye systems and the like.

They still provided players who were good at them with challenging timed dungeon runs that they enjoyed doing long after having gotten all of their golds. Many only did them for the initial rewards, but there were players that enjoyed doing them for the sake of the challenge & gameplay itself.

Would be awesome if while the expansion progress those sets also progress with future quests/achivements/etc getting harder but also upgrading the visuals of the sets to either look equal but recolor of the CM sets (with effects and better shoulders & heads) or just different but similarly well worked as the originals.

One very simple rule applies here: You snooze, you lose.

Come to terms that you won't have everything, that you will miss out at times. The recolored and altered versions available from the class order halls, are more than enough of a compromise.

We all have things we missed out on in-game for one reason or another.

DK one isn't as cool looking as Dreadnaught so I don't give a fuck. Don't really like the other sets much either honestly, they really struck out hard with these ones.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

The only sad part is that I've the priest set. Which the new one looks very much alike. And I would've loved the hunter cm set. And those are nothing alike. QQ

15+ Year Old Account
    Not everyone has already played all the content. Not everyone has had the same experiences as everyone else. There is a LOT of replay value to be had here, with relatively little investment of time by Blizzard.
    What? It's what 17 dungeons? Dungeons that were balanced around a specific ilevel and class abilities existing in the game. Many of those abilities disappeared, changed, etc. It would take more than just a little balancing. They would need to completely re-tune the entire dungeon and possibly change mob density, timers, etc in order to meet the changes.

They could create new dungeons with that effort in current content that would have far more replay value.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deleted
    A noobs dream come true you say?

I got 3 of the challenge mode sets by simply paying for them in gold. And so did many of you

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    They still provided players who were good at them with challenging timed dungeon runs that they enjoyed doing long after having gotten all of their golds. Many only did them for the initial rewards, but there were players that enjoyed doing them for the sake of the challenge & gameplay itself.
    It was very niche because of the way they worked. Kick yourself in the balls and try to complete the dungeon with nerfed characters. I know of 1 person in my guild who enjoyed how they worked. Most are looking forward to the new challenge modes. Most people who replayed them over and over did it because they could make money off carries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Pretty sure it doesn't take someone on the art/modeling team long to change colors on assets that already exists. Players in other games do it all the time with dye systems and the like.
    Different engine, different way the armor attaches to the models. Blizzard could easily add dyes but they don't want their artwork tarnished by someone like me who would paint his armor pink just to mock the system. But anyways I was referring to re-tuning the MOP/WOD challenge modes for Legion.

What? It's what 17 dungeons? Dungeons that were balanced around a specific ilevel and class abilities existing in the game. Many of those abilities disappeared, changed, etc. It would take more than just a little balancing. They would need to completely re-tune the entire dungeon and possibly change mob density, timers, etc in order to meet the changes.

They could create new dungeons with that effort in current content that would have far more replay value.
    Creating an entirely new dungeon is a hell of a lot more work than just messing around with monster HP and damage, and maybe mob density. There's 3d modeling to be done, new bosses to design and balance from scratch, etc.

Unless you meant trading the time to re-balance 17 old dungeons for 1 new one from scratch?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    90% of this post is full of shit basically saying 'I am a fucking special snowflake, even among snowflakes'.
    That's what I live for.

Darn, I was hoping the druid one would be cool. It's not really. Always regretted not getting that set in Mists.

Deleted
    dk orderhall set looks crap compared to mop cm set (no way for me to get as i dint play mop). though our tier set looks good