Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    31ºC ? You guys are lucky, I wish we had that over here. 40-45ºC for over a month now.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I wish it was April and May all year round. Screw winter and summer and fall.
    I like to ski and we need those colder months to get some snow on the mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I like to ski and we need those colder months to get some snow on the mountains.
    Fine, we'll compromise. It can be January and February once every two years.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I think people miss the point of the humidity of being surrounded by lakes, it gets fucking humid as hell. Feels like im breathing under water.

Yeah, thats pretty damn hot.

oh shit if it reaches 90' they might start melting!

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I think people miss the point of the humidity of being surrounded by lakes, it gets fucking humid as hell. Feels like im breathing under water.
    Also your sweat doesn't evaporate, foiling one of our natural cooling processes.

"heat wave"

"as high as 87 F"

We call that golf weather where I'm at. For the next month we'll average around 95-100 (35-38ish for our Celsius folks) with no less than 80% humidity. Yet as awful as it sounds, I'll deal with this crap a few months out of the year happily compared to dealing with anything that resembles cold weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I'll deal with this crap a few months out of the year happily compared to dealing with anything that resembles cold weather.
    I can dress for cold weather. I can only undress so much for hot weather. Think about it.

I can dress for cold weather. I can only undress so much for hot weather. Think about it.
    What's cold weather for you? I agree to a certain amount. But I prefer to deal with 40ºC than to deal with -20ºC

Deleted
    People seem to be forgetting that if you're not acclimated to a certain type of climate, and the changes are sudden, then there may be problems. Several days of 30C+ weather in a place where it's typically around 20C can have dire consequences.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_European_heat_wave

15000 heat-related deaths due to a heatwave. Nothing to be downplayed.

EDIT: 70000 heat-related deaths. 15000 just in France.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-07-22 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning- View Post
    What's cold weather for you? I agree to a certain amount. But I prefer to deal with 40ºC than to deal with -20ºC
    It was -20F (that's -30C) here in winter a couple years ago. That summer it was 105F (41C).

Actually, some of the most extreme temperature swings in the US.

Shirt, shorts, boxers and sandals all combined cost a lot less than layer upon layer of clothing.

That aside, I'm simply more aclimated to the weather here, since I've been here all my life. Here being southeast US.

lol. I just got back from New Orleans where the heat index was 100-110F for about a week.That was fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Dry heat though.
    Dry heat is worse having been to Northern California (dry) for like 10 days on a camping trip, and living in Nebraska (humid). Humidity sucks, because you get all sweaty, and sticky, but dry heat dehydrates you quicker and burns you more. I was putting sun screen on constantly in Cali, and my hand still ended up like this:

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Dry heat is worse having been to Northern California (dry) for like 10 days on a camping trip, and living in Nebraska (humid). Humidity sucks, because you get all sweaty, and sticky, but dry heat dehydrates you quicker and burns you more. I was putting sun screen on constantly in Cali, and my hand still ended up like this:

Use decent sunscreen. Most are utter crap and are falsely labeled.

Also - really Canada? 87f? That's pants weather here when temps are 95+ daily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

TBH I am a bit surprised by 87F being a big deal. For the west coast thats pretty common in the summer. Today is only 20C and its seen as cold out.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post

I've been out to Arizona and felt the dry heat, it's barely noticeable compared to humidity based heat. I was able to move around in jeans in that dry heat even when it was around 100 degrees, 100 degrees and humid means you're barely even getting off the couch it's so draining so I'd definitely take dry heat over humidity any day of the week. Here in Michigan you see entire families moving to the beach during those days, there'll be no one sunbathing on the beach because they're all in the water up to their neck trying to cool off.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    TBH I am a bit surprised by 87F being a big deal. For the west coast thats pretty common in the summer. Today is only 20C and its seen as cold out.
    It's 92F and humid here in Canada Jr. Typical day for July. Heat Index is over 100F. (and this is supposedly the land of ice and snow).

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    87, eh? BUAH HAHAHAHAH. Oh you poor chaps. I thin it's supposed to be 114 in my town today. I'd take a Canadian Heatwave any day of the week. Rub those sub-90 temps all over my face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Humidity is the worst. It makes you feel gross and at higher levels I always vaguely feel like I'm suffocating, even though I'm not. Drinking a bit more water is hardly even an inconvenience.
    It was so hot. I had a water bottle full of cold water and ice and in less than an hour, it was already lukewarm.