Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Every evolve is 1k exp (doubled to 2k) as far as I can tell.
    Every evolve is 500xp and every new Pokémon you find is 500xp. If you evolve to a new Pokémon you get both the evolution and new Pokémon experience.
    Double that when you have a Lucky Egg active.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seen 47, caught 46. Poliwhirl escaped me I think yesterday morning. We don't seem to get many rares around here, and with the broken tracking it's a little frustrating trying to track down some.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Hopps View Post
    Every evolve is 500xp and every new Pokémon you find is 500xp. If you evolve to a new Pokémon you get both the evolution and new Pokémon experience.
    Double that when you have a Lucky Egg active.
    Hmm, coulda been that I evolved a new one at the time I checked the exp gain, can't remember what I was evolving when I looked. In either case the methods and shit stay the same, you want maximum evolves for minimum candy, so stick to first stage evolves

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Seen 47, caught 46. Poliwhirl escaped me I think yesterday morning. We don't seem to get many rares around here, and with the broken tracking it's a little frustrating trying to track down some.
    do certain pokemon only spawn in certain places or something? i know that water ones spawn nearer water etc, but do rare ones only spawn in certain places? all ive found around where i live is really basic pokemon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoninaThorstone View Post
    How are people doing pokedex wise? I'm at 82.
    11... i just keep finding the same ones over and over again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Are there hot singles in your area looking to hook up and CATCH POKEMON*?

Because apparently Pokemon GO related dating apps/services are a thing. As in there's more than one already.

*= Not a euphemism for sex. Maybe...?
    Had that as well: 'how to approach and flirt with men playing PokemonGo.'

Okaaay... no thanks.

Sitting at 53, i've a few evolutions i'm close to though.

So, because pokemon spawn really far away from me, I am actually getting decent at distance running due to attempts to try to catch rare pokemon before they despawn.
    Fuck crossfit. We got pokemon go.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    do certain pokemon only spawn in certain places or something? i know that water ones spawn nearer water etc, but do rare ones only spawn in certain places? all ive found around where i live is really basic pokemon

- - - Updated - - -

some spawns seem so random, while some look like fixed, for example at work, on the hill near the park with water nowhere to be found in like 4 km radius, I get 3-4 daily (in 7 hours or so) tentacool spawns, that dont interfere with the other, completely random spawns I have in the area, which spawn anything from pidgey to squirtle or ponyta (so far, wouldnt be surprised if I get something bigger there eventually, too)

10+ Year Old Account
    110 caught 111 seen. I think the only hitmonlee in my city got away from me :-/.

Level 22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Find two pokestops that practically overlap and drop a lure on each, sit about for a half hour and you might catch some rare stuff. I don't know if the lures are restricted in what they can draw to you.

Ok guys.. there is this website that is like google maps and you basically click on it and it shows you all the pokemon that have spawned around where you clicked WITH timers under the pokemon showing how long till they despawn. I don't want to spread this but holy shit I can catch anything I want now basically. Caught 2 snorlaxes in the past 20 minutes..

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it was linked a few pages ago. I've checked it out for my area, only for spawn areas to get a gauge of where to walk, never bothered with it when I'm actually on the streets. Nothing decent is my area though, and it barely shows any spawns anyway.

People using that site and the dozen of other clones are probably not helping server stability too as they feed off Niantics own api so make a lot of requests.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Ok guys.. there is this website that is like google maps and you basically click on it and it shows you all the pokemon that have spawned around where you clicked WITH timers under the pokemon showing how long till they despawn. I don't want to spread this but holy shit I can catch anything I want now basically. Caught 2 snorlaxes in the past 20 minutes..
    It has confirmed to that there are only pigedys and rattatas near me.

The site is good at places like Santa Monica Pier, but in my neighborhood, it doesn't even show half the stuff on my nearby.

Deleted
    So after catching my 60th (or something) Rattata, i got an achievement, saying i captured 3 (three) Rattata's..

Deleted
    5km walk today, found 1 pidgey. And it was in a park.
    Anyone figured the spawncycle out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    So after catching my 60th (or something) Rattata, i got an achievement, saying i captured 3 (three) Rattata's..
    They have to be XS weight for that achievement.

Deleted
    Pokemon Go is always down for me around this time. I guess the servers are the bussiest around this time?

I've been doing a bit of research, weighing HP and CP tier lists with potential movesets and I've realized that dragonite is actually really not that great of a pokemon. It's great don't get me wrong, but really not all that. It's fast moves are not that high dps, only dragon claw (1 of 3 potential charge moves) is reasonable dps. Also water gun is one of the highest dps moves, which is why vaporeon is by far the best pokemon in the game atm because it has both high CP and extremely high HP. Snorlax is also extremely good as it has very high CP, extremely high HP and very high dps moves (lick has the same dps as water gun, and body slam is pretty much the only charge move worth using). I could go on and on really, but I would take care in which pokemon you invest stardust.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.pokemongodb.net/2016/04/fast-move.html

http://www.pokemongodb.net/2016/04/charge-move.html

They actually need to nerf water gun. It's meta breakingly good.

10+ Year Old Account
    where are you finding these Snorlaxes (coordinates)

What to do if I seem to be the only one with connection issues? There are ~20 people sitting here all playing and the only thing I see is the loading screen... Friend next to me is playing too and the only difference between his and my phone is that he's using 4G and I'm on a 3G network. App can't be that broken that it almost requires a 4G connection?