15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Lelouch is arrogance incarnate.
    Well, he hides it better. He mainly plays it up when he's acting as Zero and isn't a dick about it (usually).

Cocky is a better word for Alderamin's MC I guess.

Lelouch is arrogance incarnate.
    Light > Lelouch in the arrogance/pretentious category =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Light > Lelouch in the arrogance/pretentious category =)
    Yeah but one of those shows is actually good, and it's not the one with a special notebook.

Yeah but one of those shows is actually good, and it's not the one with a special notebook.
    I didn't know you were a comedian.

Deleted
    My favourite part of Pokemon GO is that instead of training our team, we grab the freshest catch, pump it with cocaine and poke-steroids, and throw into the ring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    I didn't know you were a comedian.
    Ye but I charge sry.

Deleted
    C'mon, Death Note is awesome up until a certain point. I had shivers down my spine when he was talking that woman into giving her name out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    My favourite part of Pokemon GO is that instead of training our team, we grab the freshest catch, pump it with cocaine and poke-steroids, and throw into the ring.
    Oh yeah, that Charmander that you had from the start of the game? You just caught one 20 CP higher, so your first one is fucking trash, and you may as well put it in the mill and get that one candy.

Deleted
    Oh yeah, that Charmander that you had from the start of the game? You just caught one 20 CP higher, so your first one is fucking trash, and you may as well put it in the mill and get that one candy.
    Who the fuck thought of naming the universal drug stardust. That's literally what cocaine is called.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Definitely this.
    The terror in her eyes as Light grinned and said "I am Kira", the way her expression slowly faded from the aforementioned terror into stupor the moment Death Note took effect... Shit. Easily my favourite scene of the series, and among all-time favourites for all anime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Berserk: Seems like its enogh if you watch the 3 part movie to get the story of 2016 version. Its 2 years after the slaughter.
    Jojo: Still awensome
    91 days: Still mafia, but with weird rules.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    ARENA 01: Kaname Madoka [Abstained] Isshiki Iroha
    ARENA 02: Shiraishi Urara [Shirayuki]
    ARENA 03: [Aisaka Taiga] Furukawa Nagisa
    ARENA 04: Kurousagi [Abstained] Shirai Kuroko
    ARENA 05: Minami Kotori [Sakura Chiyo]
    ARENA 06: [Tedeza Rize] Sanzen'in Nagi
    ARENA 07: Aragaki Ayase [Abstained] Nishikino Maki
    ARENA 08: Tōjō Nozomi [Abstained] Nakiri Erina
    ARENA 09: [Bell Cranel] Saitama
    ARENA 10: Isana Yashiro [Abstained] Kisaragi Shintarō
    ARENA 11: Okabe Rintarō [Abstained] Akasaka Ryūnosuke
    ARENA 12: Yukine [Abstained] Leonardo Watch
    ARENA 13: [Zen Wistalia] Okazaki Tomoya
    ARENA 14: Amagiri Ayato [Abstained] Matsuno Ichimatsu
    ARENA 15: Kaneki Ken [Abstained] Arima Kōsei
    ARENA 16: Itami Yōji [Abstained] Iskandar
    ARENA 17: Mary [Endō Saya]
    ARENA 18: [Satonaka Chie] Kawakami Mai

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/tuTqwIB.jpg
    haha

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    C'mon, Death Note is awesome up until a certain point.
    I agree, though the common complaint is that it gets worse after (Death Note) L dies, and I don't really agree with that. The best part about the show was when the focus was specifically on L vs Light, which is like the first portion. Once it got into the conflict against the Yotsuba Group I started to lose interest. I don't even think the arc after the spoiler is that bad, hell, the actual event was one of the best parts of the show. Honestly it's just that the first 1/3 was amazing and the 2/3 afterwards was just okay to decent.

One of my favourite scenes that I don't see mentioned often was probably when Light's father fakes an attempt to kill himself/his son to prove that Light is innocent. So intense.

This is pretty great and comfy

10+ Year Old Account
    ARENA 01: Kaname Madoka [Isshiki Iroha]
    ARENA 02: Shiraishi Urara [Shirayuki]
    ARENA 03: Aisaka Taiga [Abstained] Furukawa Nagisa
    ARENA 04: [Kurousagi] Shirai Kuroko
    ARENA 05: Minami Kotori [Sakura Chiyo]
    ARENA 06: [Tedeza Rize] Sanzen'in Nagi
    ARENA 07: Aragaki Ayase [Nishikino Maki]
    ARENA 08: Tōjō Nozomi [Nakiri Erina]
    ARENA 09: Bell Cranel [Saitama]
    ARENA 10: [Isana Yashiro] Kisaragi Shintarō
    ARENA 11: [Okabe Rintarō] Akasaka Ryūnosuke
    ARENA 12: Yukine [Leonardo Watch]
    ARENA 13: Zen Wistalia [Okazaki Tomoya]
    ARENA 14: Amagiri Ayato [Abstained] Matsuno Ichimatsu
    ARENA 15: Kaneki Ken [Arima Kōsei]
    ARENA 16: Itami Yōji [Iskandar]
    ARENA 17: [Mary] Endō Saya
    ARENA 18: [Satonaka Chie] Kawakami Mai
    [CENTER]

15+ Year Old Account
    Thunderbolt Fantasy 03 - The action scenes in this are always hype as fuck. I never thought I'd say that about a goddamn puppet show.

Lancerbro is best. He better get the girl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Lancerbro is best. He better get the girl.
    He's a Lancer. He'll die a miserable death.

Trending on FB: "Zoe Saldana: Actress Reveals She Has Autoimmune Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis"

I had a SSY-related moment of panic when I first read that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    DUUUUUUUUUDDDEEE, THIS PANEL WAS INTENSE AS FUCK. She literally became "team-captain incarnate" leaving her emotions behind trying her best to do her job and Taichi's at the same time. And holy shit, she beat Arata while paying attention to 4 other matches. She didn't even realise she was playing against him until the middle of the match, how fucking intense was her concentration back then?

Chihaya is so fucking strong right now, it's amazing. Taichi is actually getting some development and I'm happy that he finally found a way of playing karuta that he enjoys playing and feels happy about it. Enduring everything that he had to endure in order to spend more time with chihaya was probably hard. The Meijin is a true monster though, I think Taichi will start to play like him with that reckless "make the opponent commit faults instead of taking cards" playstyle, Taichi has proved over and over that he's incredibly intelligent and he can use his outstanding memory capabilities in his favour. Say his opponent knows he has a good memory and knows for sure which cards are left to be read, the Meijin can make people commit mistakes by pretending he's going into a card before his opponent can know for sure which card it is (since he hears it first). The opponents try to make it into a speed competition since the Meijin mainly use taps. "He's going for it so I should go too!" mentality. Taichi can do the same, using his memory advantage since most players aren't able to keep track of all the read poems. I honestly think he's going to become a monster and I don't even like him that much, he is the only player who doesn't commit faults against Suou. Be warned Arata.

This Manga is just amazing, I want more. Seasons 3, 4, 5 when.
    Chihayafuru manga spoilers - I felt like I was reading it at break-neck speed because everything was just kinda falling into place so perfectly and Chihaya was becoming this higher being or something, then Porky looks up at her and it shows she's wearing Taichi's headband... my heart dropped and I just couldn't read past that panel for several minutes. Then of course later on the author ass-pulls it and points out that it was on accident and the Empress offers her to switch to the right one. I thought she had switched to her headband for the match against Arata but then it shows later on that she had consciously chose to wear his headband for that match. When she took it off and threw it around Taichi's neck at the end, I cried like a little girl.

I really hated the whole "two of the three MCs left the Karuta club" arc but it's lead to some really interesting bits of story, surprisingly enough a good bit of it revolving around the meijin. I'm glad Shinobu is getting fleshed out more because she's such a quirky character. I'm really hoping she hands Arata's ass to him; he's the only character I actively dislike. He's just always been "that guy with no personality that's never really had to work for his success in karuta that likes Chihaya." He's the closest thing to a Mary-Sue this manga has and I hate it. I get he's got the pedigree and played with a meijin on a regular basis growing up, so he should be good. He just feels like a tacked-on speed bump for Taichi's path to the meijin title and to Chihaya's heart.

Taichi is getting kinda scary. His character-building has been fantastic since he left the club. I'm really interested to see what he's learning from the meijin. I'm also really looking forward to seeing that TV special that he filmed with Suou and Shinobu come into play later, when Chihaya watches it. You know she's going to record it and study it and become even more of a karuta monster than she's already turning out to be.

Best thing about this manga is how new characters get introduced all the time and author is able to characterize them and get you invested in them to some degree almost right away. I wanna rewatch the show now.

hey everyone, new poster here.

i got to say, this season has a lot of garbage ecchi shows but i am so happy to see a new season of arslen, and alderamin also catches my eye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vralek View Post
    garbage ecchi shows