Quote Originally Posted by mathezar View Post
    where are you finding these Snorlaxes (coordinates)
    They spawn frequently in and around the biggest hospital in my city. Caught a gyarados in the park next to it too!

how do you log in vs how do they log in. Trainers who chose to use pokemon trainer club login have suffered greatly compared to the one who chose to let niantic read their google emails as the trainer club goes down and the game itself stays up for google login users. in the same boat but 12 levels in is too far to switch

We both use Pokemon accounts though. The 3G vs 4G is the only difference outside him using a physical different phone, but same model.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bah ???cp Venasaur spawned inside my house couldnt catch it though almost out of pokeballs and then the game glitches reset and its gone

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    dont know if someone linked it yet
    but Pokemon Go interrupts State Department Daily Briefing
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/21/politi...nt0626PMVODtop

i chuckled
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Hopps View Post
    We both use Pokemon accounts though. The 3G vs 4G is the only difference outside him using a physical different phone, but same model.
    Well, right after this post everything worked fine for about 38 minutes before it went down again.
    I'll stand by what I posted a few days ago; the game is nice, but shouldn't have been released for another few months since it's obviously not ready.

If I'm not mistaken today was the JP release, so it's likely in part due to that. Its not the...no I'll take that back; it does feel like the client (the program you call game) has been programmed badly. It's really easily affected by any type of temporary connection loss, which is a sin, to me.... yet it is still mostly not the fault of the developers.

Like most/any MMO release, it's the amount of simultaneous connections that's the bottleneck here and they could have kept the game in alpha (game is technically still beta, being 0.29.2) for another 10 years and the end result would have been the same. No entity on earth would have guesstimated a 50% increase of the value of Nintendo due to this game. No one. No one could have guesstimated the popularity of the game to this extent even when full well knowing the popularity of Pokémon worldwide.

We'll collectively have to sit through these release issues, until everything calms down.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Incensed a Pikachu. At level 8, it was CP 10...
    Don't feel too bad about that. I ran into two pikachu yesterday (somehow). The first one was close to 300 CP, and using ultra ball + razz berry it was still a red circle, and broke out of my ultra balls instantly. I wasted 20 ultra balls on that fucker and he ran away. Then another one closer to 150 CP appeared and great ball + razz berry he was orange circle. Managed to only use about 15 great balls before finally catching him. Pikachu is almost definitely considered higher tier than your average pokemon if using such high level balls and razz berries makes them still so hard to catch, meanwhile 300 CP pretty much anything else I can use normal pokeballs to snag.

Also, while nearly all of the pokemon use their 8-bit gameboy sound effects, pikachu was very definitely going "Pika! Pikachu! Pika pi!" in clear audio.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Put out a lure tonight and got nothing for 30 mins. GF got pokemom spawn though. I want a dollar back

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Put out a lure tonight and got nothing for 30 mins. GF got pokemom spawn though. I want a dollar back
    Make sure your phone's on automatic time (zone) synchronisation. Otherwise you won't get anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Also, while nearly all of the pokemon use their 8-bit gameboy sound effects, pikachu was very definitely going "Pika! Pikachu! Pika pi!" in clear audio.
    Yeah, that's how it is in the recent games too. Pikachu is the only one who has a real voice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, right after this post everything worked fine for about 38 minutes before it went down again.
    I'll stand by what I posted a few days ago; the game is nice, but shouldn't have been released for another few months since it's obviously not ready.
    TLDR of this post:

- Game is in beta still
    - Niantic should have been more clear that it's still beta
    - Players have been a big reason betas are now hyped as release
    - Having cash shop purchases in beta game with crashes and server issues is eh

This isn't even the release version though, although they probably should have been more clear about the fact that this was a beta. (Version 0.29.3) It's an open beta of course. People have been complaining about how companies are now cashing in on betas as the new "release", but...

I used to beta test games all the time, both closed and open back in the 90's and early 2000's back when people wanted to wait for the release most of the time because they knew the beta would be buggy and unfinished. It wasn't til about the mid 2000's that the hype about betas started, and everyone wanted to play them all of a sudden. It's not the game companies that created this idea that betas are the new release, it's the players who want to play the game asap and/or get a "sneak peak". It's player hype trains on reddit and other online communities that have basically hyped open beta dates into release dates. It's why a lot of companies don't even do open betas any more, or make them like a week to test server load. Players hear open beta and just think release.

I used to enjoy the beta communities a lot more as well, as players were always more considerate and just in general better people. They obviously cared about making the experience better, and giving good feedback. These days betas are "THIS MECHANIC SUCKS, FIX IT DEVS, YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD"

I will admit that having app purchases available in a beta version is a little bit... eh... but there's no mention of account wipes when they go from a beta version to full release. Just think that Niantic should be handing out free pokecoins for all the shitty server issues when people might be popping lures and modules.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2016-07-22 at 10:41 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    It's really easily affected by any type of temporary connection loss, which is a sin, to me....
    I think this is the worst of the problems, getting kicked out of the game for even the smallest hiccup on the line.
    This isn't even the release version though, although they probably should have been more clear about the fact that this was a beta. (Version 0.29.3) It's an open beta of course. People have been complaining about how companies are now cashing in on betas as the new "release", but...
    rest
    This is the first time I've seen someone refer to this version as a beta. There are enough programs floating around with versionnumbers under 1.0 that are considered final. iOS also shows it as 1.0.3 right now.

As for the rest of your post. I wouldn't know, wasn't playing that many games back then. I definitely don't have problems with beta versions not working right as beta=beta. This game however isn't labeled as beta anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    - Game is in beta still
    No it's not. There's two different version numbers 0.29.3 Android and 1.0.3 iOS. Don't assume based on version number.
    Besides that, here's a PSA: Don't expect the "Nearby glitch" to be fixed any time soon. It's been confirmed that Niantic actually disabled it server side to lower the stress on the servers and release the game in more regions. There's still quite a lot of regions to be added, so the nearby feature might be gone for quite a while.

This is the first time I've seen someone refer to this version as a beta. There are enough programs floating around with versionnumbers under 1.0 that are considered final. iOS also shows it as 1.0.3 right now.
    Because it's not a beta. ^^

edit:
    I might agree that the game feels more like beta than an actual release though. But still that doesnt make something beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Besides that, here's a PSA: Don't expect the "Nearby glitch" to be fixed any time soon. It's been confirmed that Niantic actually disabled it server side to lower the stress on the servers and release the game in more regions. There's still quite a lot of regions to be added, so the nearby feature might be gone for quite a while.

Because it's not a beta. ^^

edit:
    I might agree that the game feels more like beta than an actual release though. But still that doesnt make something beta.
    That's actually funny, since colleagues of mine told me their version number shortly after release on IOS and it was 0.0.1 difference. Maybe iOS doesn't allow beta applications to release on their platform.

Either way, the application is literally in BETA. Datamining shows a huge number of data that is not shown to the public through this client. Trading is not there, Pokéstops have already been admitted to be a temporary implementation the way they are now. It IS beta, but indeed we should perhaps not look at version numbering right now.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2016-07-22 at 11:08 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    No it's not. There's two different version numbers 0.29.3 Android and 1.0.3 iOS. Don't assume based on version number.
    The iOS store shows it as 1.0, if you go in and look at the file version IN YOUR APPLE PRODUCT the version number is still 0.29.3. For some weird reason Android shows the actual version and iOS shows 1.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    That's actually funny, since colleagues of mine told me their version number shortly after release on IOS and it was 0.0.1 difference. Maybe iOS doesn't allow beta applications to release on their platform.
    This was my guess about what was going on, that the apple store doesn't allow its products to be listed below a 1.0 threshold.

If you go and look at Niantic news, and the various news releases about the game, the "release date" that was a few weeks ago was the beginning of the open "field test" beta ACCORDING TO NIANTIC. It's just that reddit, twitter, facebook, and every single social media and blog and forum out there has seemingly forgotten the fact that it's an open beta and has declared it, either directly or indirectly, to be the release, despite Niantic's own words.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2016-07-22 at 11:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    As for the rest of your post. I wouldn't know, wasn't playing that many games back then. I definitely don't have problems with beta versions not working right as beta=beta. This game however isn't labeled as beta anywhere.
    If you're on an apple product, go check the version number under the game's settings. Any version below 1.0 is a test version. For programs releasing a newer version, 2.0 or above, they will mark it as beta, but original releases are 0.X without being marked as beta.

As I said above, I think Niantic has done a pretty bad job of stressing that this is a beta test, and has been pretty terrible about community communication in general, but at the same time, the community itself has done a pretty thorough job of ignoring what little Niantic has said and hyping this as the full release.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2016-07-22 at 11:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Man, sucks living in a small town right now =(
    Agreed. Had a Snorlax spawn somewhere in town after I got new tires put on my truck, spent the next 10 minutes driving around before it despawned.

I feel a bit punished for leveling up tbh. The pidgeys, wheedles and ratatas are now frequently in the 300s.. I just want to catch them to evolve them, not waste great balls and berries on them! things definitely went faster at lower levels.

Hunting Pokémon in my city right now and I get this notification... http://i.imgur.com/MYjcwsP.png

I almost died laughing and pee'd myself.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2016-07-23 at 12:12 AM.