Thumbs down Crashing Storm Debuff?? Where is it?

Edited edited edited edited edited edited edited edited edited edited
    Last edited by DylxnTV; 2020-06-15 at 09:15 AM. Reason: EDITED

Quote Originally Posted by DylxnRxdwxxd View Post
    I don't know if anyone else has experienced this issue but..

Currently I am trying to create a WA for Crashing Storm, the AOE left behind upon use of Crash Lightning when talented for it. I am planning on making a WA that shows the current targets effected by CS and the duration remaining before I should use CL again to refresh the AOE.

HOWEVER: There is no actual debuff given to targets, they do take the damage from it, as seen in skada as "Crashing Storm" but like I said, the debuff isn't shown. This isn't a UI issue, I have used it in a duel and confirmed with a friend, I have checked Weak Auras and scanned for the spell, but still nothing has come of it.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know where to head to, I'm actually losing my mind so much that I sent a bug report to see if this is intended.
    It doesn't apply a debuff.

You can track SPELL_DAMAGE events and count how many people were hit by Crashing Storm within the past 1-2 seconds, but that's about as far as you can get.
    Hekili of <Turbo Cyborg Ninjas>
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon for Shamans, Paladins, Monks, and Hunters.

User Guides:
    Getting Started with Hekili
    Starting from SimulationCraft (How to Import SimC APLs)

It leaves a damage patch on the ground that does damage to enemies standing in it, not an actual DoT. You can also have multiple down at a time, so you can just use CL anytime you have the maelstrom for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravechylde View Post
    It leaves a damage patch on the ground that does damage to enemies standing in it, not an actual DoT. You can also have multiple down at a time, so you can just use CL anytime you have the maelstrom for it.
    Yeah description even say's it leaves an electrified field on the ground.

Usually ground effect put a debuff on the mobs inside it. Like with earthquake or death and decay.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Usually ground effect put a debuff on the mobs inside it. Like with earthquake or death and decay.
    Occasionally? Yes. Usually? Not necessarily. I don't think there is a lot of consistency in that regard, and taking up a buff/debuff slot isn't really useful with regard to Crashing Storm.
    Hekili of <Turbo Cyborg Ninjas>
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon for Shamans, Paladins, Monks, and Hunters.

User Guides:
    Getting Started with Hekili
    Starting from SimulationCraft (How to Import SimC APLs)

Deleted
    Aren't such spells only shown as debuff when they have an additional effect on top of the damage? Your examples do (earthquake knockdown etc). Could be wrong here though.

Quote Originally Posted by DylxnRxdwxxd View Post
    Fair points by all of you. I just want a way to track the timer. Idk, just me then. Ill see what comes of it in the future.
    Just do an on spell cast success and make it last 6 seconds. That said, if crashing storm stacks and u can have multiple ticking (some short testing seems like it does), there's not much reason to track more than just the CD of crash lightning itself.