Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post
    Can we remove the word "cop" when referencing this guy? Its not like this was a Cops vs Person altercation that ended in a police shooting. This was an idiotic redneck shooting his family's dog. His profession literally has 0 to do with this story at all other than to incite outrage.
    He shot the dog while serving a warrant to someone they knew wasn't there, he used a police issue weapon, and the police chief supports him. How is this not related to his profession?

Can we remove the word "cop" when referencing this guy? Its not like this was a Cops vs Person altercation that ended in a police shooting. This was an idiotic redneck shooting his family's dog. His profession literally has 0 to do with this story at all other than to incite outrage.
    I don't think you actually read the news article.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Who can claim with a straight face that there is nothing wrong with the US police force?

Keep at it and soon they'll be running the country.
    In 2008, state and local law enforcement agencies employed more than 1.1 million persons on a full-time basis, including about 765,000 sworn personnel (defined as those with general arrest powers). Agencies also employed approximately 100,000 part-time employees, including 44,000 sworn officers.
    They all be shooting everyone's dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I don't think you actually read the news article.
    maybe i misread. Hold on. LEMME REREAD THIS SHIT.
    Science the shit out of it!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    If it was just one story, but it follows in the wake of how many other questionable police shootings? How many of those cops were defended by their fellow police no matter what? Do you see a pattern?
    Not really, because I don't generalize everyone into isolated incidents. You know, like an intelligent human being.

Let's see. We have one incident in New Orleans and one in Minneapolis. Followed by that, we have retaliation from some lone nut in Dallas. We have one additional incident (I don't recall where) followed by THREE separate incidents in various parts of the country, all of which are at closest half a state away from the original incidents, carried out by people not even remotely related to any of the victims of said questionable shootings. Each resulting in multiple casualties. Now we have this incident.

I see a pattern, all right. One you're obviously too blinded by rage to make out. I'm not defending this cop's actions. But this one cop shouldn't be used as everyone's "glaring example" of EVERY OTHER POLICE OFFICER ACROSS THE UNITED STATES. He's ONE person. He's not EVERYONE.

But somewhere, some lone nut is going to run with this story and make it a reason to go take a rifle to innocent police officers in his neighborhood. CUz, hey, that guy shot a dog....all cops are evil dog killers. Or, sorry. As you said. "A significant portion".

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

OK. The first sentence is very misleading lol. And then I completely skipped the most important paragraph of the whole thing. I retract my comment

now my new comment: W.T.F.
    Science the shit out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Not really, because I don't generalize everyone into isolated incidents. You know, like an intelligent human being.

Let's see. We have one incident in New Orleans and one in Minneapolis. Followed by that, we have retaliation from some lone nut in Dallas. We have one additional incident (I don't recall where) followed by THREE separate incidents in various parts of the country, all of which are at closest half a state away from the original incidents, carried out by people not even remotely related to any of the victims of said questionable shootings. Each resulting in multiple casualties. Now we have this incident.

I see a pattern, all right. One you're obviously too blinded by rage to make out. I'm not defending this cop's actions. But this one cop shouldn't be used as everyone's "glaring example" of EVERY OTHER POLICE OFFICER ACROSS THE UNITED STATES. He's ONE person. He's not EVERYONE.

But somewhere, some lone nut is going to run with this story and make it a reason to go take a rifle to innocent police officers in his neighborhood. CUz, hey, that guy shot a dog....all cops are evil dog killers. Or, sorry. As you said. "A significant portion".

This is ignoring the fact that the person is trying to claim a pattern that does not exist. The problem is the person you responded to feels a Cop should be held responsibility for any situation, even in the right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post

When you are dealing with "trained professionals" making that many lethal mistakes, that counts as a significant portion. Especially when their fellow officers see nothing wrong with it. The profession as a whole is guilty of perpetuating shitty violent interactions until they decide, as a whole, that such behavior by fellow officers will not be tolerated. So yes, in a significant way, police are untrustworthy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    This is ignoring the fact that the person is trying to claim a pattern that does not exist. The problem is the person you responded to feels a Cop should be held responsibility for any situation, even in the right.
    Cop acts in shitty manner, fellow officers come to their defense, nothing changes, rinse and repeat.

With great power comes great responsibility. Lethal force is always the responsibility of the perpetrator, that is independent of right/wrong.

Did you read the story? The cop was apparently serving a warrant on a 10 year old case at that address. It wasn't his home, nor was it his dog. It was a stranger entering someone elses private property, who showed no courteous and senseless murdered their beloved family pet. What are you not getting.

Edit: I see you noticed the error in your original post.

OK. The first sentence is very misleading lol. And then I completely skipped the most important paragraph of the whole thing. I retract my comment

now my new comment: W.T.F.
    All good I've done it too, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Cop should be fired and the department should be sued.
    If you can't handle a dog, then you shouldn't be a police officer. If I saw an officer pulling a gun on my dog ... I would be dead or in prison.
    I could understand some exceptions, but for the most part, I agree with this. My biggest problem in OP's story is that the officer supposedly went back to his vehicle to retrieve the gun, then went back to the dog and fired. Doesn't sound to me like he was exactly struggling with the dog or fearing for his life or anything.

And yeah, anyone who tried to shoot my dog (cop or otherwise) would have to shoot me next.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Isn't it a thing in the UK to call an ambulance just so you and your drunken buddies can beat up the driver?
    isnt it a thing in the us to call the police, so you & your buddies can get shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I could understand some exceptions, but for the most part, I agree with this. My biggest problem in OP's story is that the officer supposedly went back to his vehicle to retrieve the gun, then went back to the dog and fired. Doesn't sound to me like he was exactly struggling with the dog or fearing for his life or anything.

And yeah, anyone who tried to shoot my dog (cop or otherwise) would have to shoot me next.
    The way I understood it is he shot the dog "in self defense", then after wounding it returned to his car to get a rifle to finish it off. Ignoring the bullshit that is the first part of this, by what right did he then execute it after wounding it, instead of allowing the owners the right to try and save their animal. This man should be dead or in prison.

It does beg the question, if he shot it through a fence, how it could have even threaten his life. Just further verifies my belief that this was a totally bogus shoot and he needs to be punished for it.
    Last edited by BannedForViews; 2016-07-22 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyAmIhere View Post
    Official Checklist for US News Discussions

- Did the incident involve guns? ✔

- Did the incident involve a police officer? ✔

- Did the police officer shoot an innocent? ✔

- Is the US going to do something about this? ✖
    Nice bait mate, but #3 is unknown, since there is usually no video, or no full video. We usually get the after footage, so we don't really know what went down.

The fact that someone sworn to protect and serve is killing town members has nothing to do with this?

Let's try to see the upside, it was a clean shot to the head and the dog didn't suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Nice bait mate, but #3 is unknown, since there is usually no video, or no full video. We usually get the after footage, so we don't really know what went down.
    If the dog was indeed inside a fence, then the officer put himself into harms way assume the dog did actually attack him. If the officer wanted to, he could of found a way to get the attention of the home owners without killing the dog, or he could of found a way to subdue the dog without killing it. There is pretty much no situation that he should of been in where shoot a dog was the correct course of action. Hell, it's a pitbull. they aren't even large. He could of kicked it a few times (not that this is a good thing) and not needed to shoot it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    Let's try to see the upside, it was a clean shot to the head and the dog didn't suffer.
    It said the dog was kicking and gasping for air.

Why is the US solution to everything, to shoot it?

I think all cops are evil and they should all be massacred. Can we close the thread now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    If the dog was indeed inside a fence, then the officer put himself into harms way assume the dog did actually attack him. If the officer wanted to, he could of found a way to get the attention of the home owners without killing the dog, or he could of found a way to subdue the dog without killing it. There is pretty much no situation that he should of been in where shoot a dog was the correct course of action. Hell, it's a pitbull. they aren't even large. He could of kicked it a few times (not that this is a good thing) and not needed to shoot it.
    Once again, no video, can't assume.