Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe so in the least. If anything, the Void Lords are probably a new greater threat to top Sargeras. The Shadowpriest artifact hints as much:

"Xal'atath whispers: The God of the Deep writhes in his prison, breaking free ever so slowly. You should hurry and defeat the fallen titan... there are greater battles yet to fight."
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know what would be cool? If they sent a new one from the Void.

Think about it: Azeroth's heroes fighting against a meteor, dubbed New God, much more powerful than the Old ones. Metroid-style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    When were OGs anything other than mid-tier?
    I am most intrigued by the relationship between C’Thun, Yogg-Saron, and N’Zoth. Their glory was also the root of their momentary defeat; that the Pantheon, united, only barely triumphed over my eldritch masters, divided, speaks to their power and incomprehensible existence.(Source)
    Also back in the old days, C'Thun did battle with a Titan and they knocked each other out.
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    No bu they were always a bigger threat IMO. Will N'Zoth be a mid tier boss or just completely pushed aside in favor of Void Lords?
    With all the hints they are giving about Nzoth and all of the whispers we hear from him like in BFD and other dungeons, hes definitely not being pushed aside. They might make him the strongest of the old gods if he gets an expansion dedicated to him and obviously another plot, if hes in this one then Im not sure. They are definitely not abandoning Nzoth though.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Wind View Post
    I am most intrigued by the relationship between C’Thun, Yogg-Saron, and N’Zoth. Their glory was also the root of their momentary defeat; that the Pantheon, united, only barely triumphed over my eldritch masters, divided, speaks to their power and incomprehensible existence.(Source)
    Also back in the old days, C'Thun did battle with a Titan and they knocked each other out.
    And Sargeras 1 v 5ed the Pantheon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    So you're saying the Pantheon is mid-tier? OK
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    In my opinion, the Old Gods/Void are as necessary as the Naaru/Light.

So they, like the light, are eternal, sort of like the "yin/yang" philosophy. They will be part of the world of Warcraft so far as there are Warcraft games. Shadow Priests use the Void, Holy use the Light... Can't have one without the other...

I think they make pretty interesting story drivers because you can create some pretty interesting "gray" characters, like say Elric, from the Elric of Melnibone series. Which had Chaos/Order as their equivalents, and he was "The Eternal Champion".
    The void isn't really going away anytime soon. It might go to a point of where it's just a small part of the universe in Warcraft but never truly destroyed. Same goes with the Light and creation.

Doesn't really mean titan stuff can be relooked at again although I'd put that on the backburner.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

well it's been roughly a year or so between expansions in game wise. the cartoon shows anduin old as hell, so we have decades worth of expansions before we get to where the that comic ends.

The Old God story isn't being abandoned, it's being expanded.

Revealing that the Old Gods are just a small fraction of the Void Lords' potential wasn't to establish that the Old Gods don't matter. It was the opposite. It does make the Old Gods themselves look less important, but I'm not sure whether or not that matters. While other void stuff, like voidwalkers, are pretty basic in design and concept, I'd be surprised if it stayed that way when the Void took front and center. I don't think we need the Void to throw more Old Gods at us, because it isn't the only way they can fight. The Old Gods were just to corrupt world-souls, not to wage war. I'll admit I'm speculating, but I'd be surprised if everything that makes the Old Gods what they are, their insidiousness, their eldritch nature, and their horrifying appearances, didn't define the rest of the Void when the war begins.

Finally, N'Zoth is almost certainly next, based on things like the Priest artifact. He may have been the weakest, but it sounds like he'll be the only one to escape his prison and fight us at full strength. The fact that he'll come after Legion when he's just a parasite, is meant to illustrate just how powerful and beyond our comprehension the Void is.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2016-07-22 at 10:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    With chronicle and now the comic series leading to something bigger after the Legion, is Blizzard going to relegate the OGs to mid-tier status? So far we know N'Zoth is the last remaining OG on Azeroth. Could N'Zoth/Azshara be forgotten in favor of pushing us to the Void Lords/Army of Light story?
    on azeroth being the key point...they could add in some before-unknown old gods in the Avengers of Outlands(draenor) expansion... maybe Return to legion (expansions 8 and 12) i mean...this is blizz we are talking about, they can retconn the hell out of the old gods and make them fit into whatever environment they want.

maybe after we explore the emerald dream, we find out the old gods are basically a Legion-esque race of(gods not demons) from another dimension?

maybe nzoth fully frees himself and opens a portal to this dimension where we have to fight off loads of old gods, which because our hero's have "grown" so much since vanilla, we are a match for them all, C'thun is something we step on or capture as a battle pet, the lowest ranking old godss of the other dimensions, the trash troops they sent forth into our universe to see if we were acceptable for insertion, invasion, so on...

i mean...thats how retconning works lol, for all we know the legion is actually being controlled by an out of this world old god who actually succeeded in taking over a race, and he sends that race forwards as conquers, maybe he is complacent, maybe there are friendly demons in legion, maybe it was able to take over all the demons because they have a slight propensity towards madness and he wanted our universe for himself so never opened the portal to begin with...

retcon....reteconnnnnn....retconning, etc...retcon to the point the loremasters among us cry from the nightmares(not myself, to much retcon for me to give a F about lore)

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Can you imagine "Kill 10 old gods" quests in the first leveling zone of some expansion ?
    yep lol, what i was thinking, and C'thun as a battle pet (same breed of old god, just so weak to where our heroes are now)
    Last edited by Christan; 2016-07-22 at 11:12 PM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am kinda sad after the confirmation of N'zoth being the weakest of the old gods. Before the Chronicle I always thought that he was the strongest because he was the one who corrupted Neltharion and had a very big presence in Cataclysm expansion storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I am kinda sad after the confirmation of N'zoth being the weakest of the old gods. Before the Chronicle I always thought that he was the strongest because he was the one who corrupted Neltharion and had a very big presence in Cataclysm expansion storyline.
    I think it's an interesting twist that despite being the weakest, he was able to outlast the others, in part due to his prison being the hardest to reach and perhaps in part due to being more cautious and cunning than the others, biding his time and being more patient. Keep in mind that he's the only one of them still alive during Cataclysm/the hour of twilight as well.

With chronicle and now the comic series leading to something bigger after the Legion, is Blizzard going to relegate the OGs to mid-tier status? So far we know N'Zoth is the last remaining OG on Azeroth. Could N'Zoth/Azshara be forgotten in favor of pushing us to the Void Lords/Army of Light story?
    There is already a lot of mention of both N'zoth and Azshara in legion

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course not.

Just check out Shadow Priest artifact - it clearly says that N'zoth will break out soon and that it's prison is about to fall and that we need to finish this Legion nonsense fast because we are running out of time.

It's pretty much certain that we will have N'zoth content as soon as the next expansion, if not before it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except the OGs did combine their forces according to the in-game book. And again, the titans used non-lethal force. It's much harder to subdue something than to outright kill it. The OGs mistook struggling with non-lethal force for a lack in actual power. The titans could have easily killed the OGs if they wished. The 3 OGs working together in TWotA wouldn't have even been able to take on Sargeras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Except the OGs did combine their forces according to the in-game book. And again, the titans used non-lethal force. It's much harder to subdue something than to outright kill it. The OGs mistook struggling with non-lethal force for a lack in actual power. The titans could have easily killed the OGs if they wished. The 3 OGs working together in TWotA wouldn't have even been able to take on Sargeras.
    The in-game book from Vanilla. This blue post was made during 2012. Cataclysm was released in 2010.

At the time the blue post was made. It was officially canon. Therefore, the Pantheon, united, only barely defeated the Old Gods, divided, at that point in time.

- - - Updated - - -

Also N'Zoth appeared to be the strongest before Chronicle vol.1 came out.

N'zoth is still lurking. The Titans couldn't defeat it... (Source)

Hard to defeat something that ran away like a coward
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    There is already a lot of mention of both N'zoth and Azshara in legion
    I saw the Azshara ghost quest and heard the of the dagger whispers, but they don't seem to be much more than fan service mentions.

If N'Zoth was indeed about to break out, wouldn't we get more than whispers from one class artifact?

And Azshara, I don't know the whole context of the quest chain leading up to her ghost/vision thing. Is it actually imperative to the story or just fan service? Will she be anything more than a fleeting mention?

10+ Year Old Account
    The in-game book from Vanilla. This blue post was made during 2012. Cataclysm was released in 2010.

At the time the blue post was made. It was officially canon. Therefore, the Pantheon, united, only barely defeated the Old Gods, divided, at that point in time.

- - - Updated - - -
    But Chronicles also makes a point that one Titan of the Pantheon could pluck the most powerful Old God out of Azeroth without trouble, they just realized the damage it did to Azeroth and chose to let their ground troops battle. The Old Gods are in no way on the strength level of the Pantheon, even combined, they stood no chance.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Weren't OGs a WoW creation? All the other big baddies, like the Legion, Deathwing, Arthas etc are all WC1-3, OGs came up in wow first as have void lords, so technically why should they wrap them up when they're actually the newest of the baddies, well, with the Void lords, I guess they're second newest, still more recent than the legion - saying that though, we've already fought like 3 of them, and not to burst anyone's bubble, but they're not all that, they were done in a major patch cycle, not as an expansion theme.

saying that, I concede it doesn't mean they are less of a major threat just cos of that.