Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    exactly right.

"I have to get my leg amputated"
    "Oh, stop whining. You just hate change"

:P
    How about change to make things fresh and feel updated?

I feel like a lot of the class changes accomplished the goal that they wanted to bring more distinction and class fantasy back to the game. They did it almost perfectly imho.

People who want to stay in the past need to suck it up and get ready for the future.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Putting pathetic fanbois, white knight nitwits, and cunt anti-flyers on /ignore
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    exactly right.

"I have to get my leg amputated"
    "Oh, stop whining. You just hate change"

:P
    Do you by chance mean,

You: "Both my legs are working fine"

Blizz: "We're going to amputate your legs, because 'class fantasy'"

Fanboi: "stop whining, you just hate change / your legs were op, l2p scrub / your legs were actually an iconic Demon Hunter ability, you shouldn't have them / if you want legs, go play 'leg simulator'" etc.
    Last edited by hiramloram; 2016-07-22 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Forgot to include the anti-flyer response.
    Terms used by morons: "passive-aggressive", "lol", "lel", "kek", "um", "welp", "dat", "legendberries", & "you do realize".
    People who use "/thread" are not morons - even morons aren't that fucked up.
    But for abject, pathetic stupidity - nobody beats the "Hay if u dont play wow why u on theez bords lol" crowd.

I honestly think it's been great. I've tanked on my Guardian and healed on my Disc priest and both have been super fun. /shrug
    Sealth [Cenarius] Priest

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh good Lord. Sure it's great for sucking gold out of the AH. Unclear that it makes the game better to play otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by hiramloram View Post
    Do you by chance mean,

You: "Both my legs are working fine"

Blizz: "We're going to amputate your legs, because 'class fantasy'"

Fanboi: "stop whining, you just hate change / your legs were op, l2p scrub / your legs were actually an iconic Demon Hunter ability, you shouldn't have them" etc.
    You must actually be playing the pre-patch!

I didn't read the OP so I'm not sure...is this a serious thread?

This is one of the worst pre patches I've experienced (and ive experienced all of them). Every single class I play feels like its only half there - and thats because it really is only half there. The lack of artifact powers, which make the specs, and pvp honor talents means classes feel horrible right now.

I'm curious to know what they have to do to fix all these classes after legion, when they realize how horrible artifact weapons were and dont' bring them back for the following expansion. Probably just bake all the important things back into the classes I imagine.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    I didn't read the OP so I'm not sure...is this a serious thread?
    It's hard to reply accurately to that question without being infracted.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda hard to say until they roll out everything.

Honestly most pre-expansion patches are pretty lame. 2.0 in my opinion wasn't that great, with the only memorable one for me being the 3.0 WoTLK one, mostly because running around as a ghoul infecting all of Orgrimmar was really fun.

Deleted
    Best prepatch?

Too early to tell. Depends on the upcoming invasions. Patch 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0 were all pretty good.

Patch 5.0 and 6.0 were garbage though, with very little to no pre-event. In 6.0 we had 5 quests and a 5-min dungeon and that was it. 5.0 was even more terrible as it was just a freaking scenario.

If they nail the demon invasions, the introduction of DH and the broken shore. Then 7.0 can be just as good as 2.0, 3.0 or 4.0. But we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    It's hard to reply accurately to that question without being infracted.
    I went ahead and read it. It really is a serious thread.

I'm not sure why you'd get infracted, but if its because you want to tear me up for not reading the OP, then my only question is why would I bother if the title of the thread tells me everything I need to know already? The OP is just filler on what he thinks is good.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I went ahead and read it. It really is a serious thread.

I'm not sure why you'd get infracted, but if its because you want to tear me up for not reading the OP, then my only question is why would I bother if the title of the thread tells me everything I need to know already? The OP is just filler on what he thinks is good.
    OP is known for "this kind" of thread. It looks like a serious thread. In reality it's "what can I do to amuse myself today." That's the brilliance of it, that you can't see the difference until you've been around for a while, so the threads are always full of earnest people ....

But carry on. Over time you'll notice a pattern, which is that OP starts threads that split the community down the middle. That's all I'm going to say on the matter.
    Last edited by Normie; 2016-07-22 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    OP is known for "this kind" of thread. It looks like a serious thread. In reality it's "what can I do to amuse myself today." That's the brilliance of it, that you can't see the difference until you've been around for a while, so the threads are always full of earnest people ....

But carry on. Over time you'll notice a pattern, which is that OP starts threads that split the community down the middle. That's all I'm going to say on the matter.
    Ah that makes sense, still don't know why it would earn you an infraction for saying that though.

Out of curiousity I went through the OP list of started threads and you're right. A large portion of threads similar in scope to this.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah that makes sense, still don't know why it would earn you an infraction for saying that though.
    Because it's off topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Day one, i felt overwhelmed. Now I'm used to my class changes (still not happy with aff/demo, but destro is fine- these will probably change at some point so not a huge deal). Loving the new Profession clean up etc, transmog ofc and PVP is nice. Graphics always nice to get an update. Once the invasions etc kick off, then it will be more exciting. I actually like the fact that Blizzard is staggering the release of the changes/events etc, to give people time to get used to everything. Class/talent being the main one. Not forgetting ofc classes need their artifacts etc to get the full benefits of these changes.

This forum doesn't do positive.

I'm enjoying the patch, will enjoy it even more once the invasions kick off. It's very lively across my 3 servers atm, and can't wait to see that spill out into zones under invasion.
    One thing is certain however, many MANY people that don't really have the ability to cope with change, play MMORPGs.

If they do it right, it has the potential to be the best pre-patch I've ever experienced. The question is if the EXPANSION will be the best ever in my book. It has rather huge shoes to fill.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-07-22 at 10:19 PM.

i love leveling my gnome survival hunter and seeing all the changes they made throughout the entire world. The updated models for critters and mobs are very cool too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    I'm enjoying it.

It's actually one of the only pre-expansion patches I can remember where they added some interesting things to the old crafting levels.

The transmog system also suddenly makes doing old content a lot more meaningful to me. I wasn't really into transmog until this improved wardrobe system arrived.

And gameplay wise... well... I'm a demonology warlock. Melting the DPS meters is always fun.
    say that againts my UH DK when we did Manno (not kill due lot of reasons) i was often highest and on soc i was high to(couldnt beat the construct though like i renember mages out dmging the construct before patch). ring + vial + DT +pot + DA does alot you know