Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    They are balancing the game around us having artifact weapons. They've fucked over the lore.
    We were some sort of General (that's a lot of people in charge) in WoD, and will be given higher status/power with artifact weapons. How soon before the lore drives us back to uncommonly sticks and epic stones?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Legion is fine. If you haven't even tried beta, then you can't complain.

Classes are balanced for 110, not 100. That's why everything is all messed up right now.

It's not another WoD.
    thats the thing everyone keeps saying its gonna be better at 110 but (at least right now) beta is messed up as much as the prepatch. its not enjoyable to play (gameplay wise at least), not balanced and the new pvp system is a huge grind nothing more.

the only thing that's good about legion is the new xmog system.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    You said fifteen trivial things which nobody contests.

The points of the complaints are:

1. Changes to specs are very hit and miss. Specs did NOT become better. A natural question: why the hell did they waste time on those changes then? If you suggest that we wait for 110 / full artifacts / whatever, fine, let's wait - I can assure you it's not better there, at least for PVP, but alright, let's wait. But what we see now is NOT GOOD.

2. Other changes are small and of them there are several super-stupid ones. Example 1: camera angle. Example 2: automatic silence by request of players. If you suggest that we wait until they fix or change these things, again, fine, let's wait. But what we see now is NOT GOOD again.

And no, it doesn't have to be like this. Prepatches and changes are supposed to be good, not bad. This time they are mostly either meh or bad. I mean, thanks for the transmog system, that's about it, and the topic of the new transmog system has been milked for two years now.

The end.
    You can say "The end" all you want, but by no means are the changes you mentioned or the state of the state of the game objectively 'good' or 'bad'. You say specs did not become better, but that is just your opinion. To the opinion of other players that might have become better overall. Just take a look at how many players in the shaman forums on this site have good things to say about most of the changes to enhancement shamans with the changes. There are other views about the prepatch changes and Legion than your own point of view.

There are many other smaller changes, some of which I do disagree with such as the camera angle change, but again not everybody feels the same way about those changes as you. Just because you feel there are more pros than cons doesn't necessarily make it so. It all depends on what players value about how they play WoW. I for one am okay with the Silence Penalty system because I feel it presents an ultimatum to players that purposefully choose to continue to be rude to other players. Plus, trade should be mainly focused on actual trading, with some smaller conversations included, not the other way around. Otherwise the chat channel should be renamed. No point in calling something by a name that isn't used for that purpose very often. You want to have all spectrum of conversations use general, guild, /say, and party chat.

Deleted
    You can say "The end" all you want, but by no means are the changes you mentioned or the state of the state of the game objectively 'good' or 'bad'. You say specs did not become better, but that is just your opinion. To the opinion of other players that might have become better overall. Just take a look at how many players in the shaman forums on this site have good things to say about most of the changes to enhancement shamans with the changes. There are other views about the prepatch changes and Legion than your own point of view.
    You can beat around the bush all you want but in their current state some specs are terrible on a gameplay standpoint. Sure some hardcore fanboy may say these specs are good in order to please blizzard or for whatever other reason but it doesn't change the facts. You're using the shaman as an example but most of the complaints relate to other specs (like the hunter across the board or ret paladin).

Also, there were a lot of topic on the officials beta forums about how the prune oversimplified even more an already over simplified game (on a core gameplay standpoint).

You don't fix a game simply by removing gameplay elements from the game, blizzard may believe that but will be in for a rude awakening. Let me remind you people (not only current wow players, even former players who weren't currently playing) were much more hyped before the release of warlord of draenor than they are now (back in the day, people were saying WoD would be the best expansion since BC).

You'll see how it goes a few month after release.

Deleted
    Those are some really weird complaints.

this failure of a pre-patch,
    Failure? Says who? You can't just decide for everyone that it was a failure. It isn't any worse than all the other pre-patches throughout the years. On the contrary, nothing is disastrously broken.

They've gutted our ability to make gold.
    People were being handed absurd amounts of money for free through the garrison. They had to do something about that. The mistake they made was designing it that way in the first place.

They are balancing the game around us having artifact weapons.
    Well, of course they fucking are. Everyone's going to have artifact weapons. Christ.

They've fucked over the lore.
    Nonsense.

Blizzard seems to love the color green because this will be the 3rd expac in a row where they shove that color in our face everywhere.
    Really? This is why the expansion will fail?

Also, there's barely any new mounts coming out this expansion compared to past expansions.
    Really? How hard have you been scraping the bottom of the barrel for things to complain about?

Most of your gripes are totally ridiculous and make you sound like a petulant, irrational crybaby who just wants to complain and actually wants the expansion to fail so that you have something to be upset over. It's entirely possible that Legion won't be spectacular, but it's already obvious that they've corrected a lot of the errors they made in WoD.

At least complain about some of the things that are valid concerns, like the extreme ability pruning and the simplicity of some of the specs. The stuff you brought up is mindblowingly stupid and meaningless. There are reasonable points of contention with Legion, but you didn't seem to have the intelligence to grasp these and chose to complain about nonsense.
    Last edited by mmoc2a274d6a6c; 2016-07-22 at 09:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Changes to specs are very hit and miss. Specs did NOT become better.
    They became different. Whether or not they became better or not is an individual and subjective opinion. If a player dislikes change or dislikes a lot of change all at once they may well decide that the changes made things worse. Others may have exactly the opposite reaction.

This is all so obvious I have to wonder why people continue to say stuff like this like it's some established fact.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a pre-patch, step one of greater things to come. How can you judge an expansion on a pre-patch? Plenty of content, mounts, artifact weapons, raids, invasions, events, etc still to come. I personally welcome the staggered release of various things gives you time to get used to changes, and gives you something to look forward to over the coming weeks. Just my 2 cents anyway.

Not going to judge it based on the pre-patch but I'd still put money on Legion being WoD 2.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I don't know what game you have been playing, but gold has always been important.
    For what exactly, other then superficial toys and mounts?

Maybe professions? Nah, paying 50k for 5 ilvl's is garbage for the average player. Rather just welfare it up with free arena gear I can earn in 30 min.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm just hoping Blizzard doesn't completely botch this by giving us 1 content patch again.
    Most of the players are not interested in raids, it's always been that way. And now they don't release new content besides raids. So we'll have to live with the changes of 7.0 for 2 years, and it is another failure.
    Great job, Blizzard. Again, you have to sit at a pirate server in anticipation of the new expansion.
    And don't tell me about the world quests and other crap. This will last for 2 months.

Meh, i'd give pre-patch 1-2 weeks before things actually hit the golden brick road of awesome. Remember, this is only the launch of pre-patch, swhich means that blizz wants us to test class changes and that goodie goodie first before invasion and broken shore come to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    well for the moment gold making is bad. but in legion with the world quests. the chests you can get daily. i got a Chest that gave me 900 gold. another gave a bunch of resources
    random world quests giving between 10-60 gold ive seen as well. so stuff will give a decent amount of gold if you go out and do them
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    For what exactly, other then superficial toys and mounts?

Maybe professions? Nah, paying 50k for 5 ilvl's is garbage for the average player. Rather just welfare it up with free arena gear I can earn in 30 min.
    So you use the cheapest gear you can get then don't use anything else in the game or modify anything. Sure then, for people that don't do much in the game and do things partially like that gold isn't important.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    I hate to say it, but this failure of a pre-patch, combined with them ignoring everybody's feedback on beta for the most part is very concerning. They've gutted our ability to make gold. For me it's plain and simple, the day I don't have enough gold to pay for my sub is the day I would stop playing. They are balancing the game around us having artifact weapons. They've fucked over the lore. Blizzard seems to love the color green because this will be the 3rd expac in a row where they shove that color in our face everywhere. Also, there's barely any new mounts coming out this expansion compared to past expansions. I hate to say it, but it seems as if Legion is headed in the direction that WoD took. As in, a subpar expansion that was worse than Cataclysm.

What's everyone's thoughts on Legion and the future of WoW in general?
    nah it won't be so bad at least they gave us a month or so to adapt to the overhaul of classes.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    If you haven't even tried beta, then you can't complain.
    "Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha" -Tidus
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

.... Too tired to read the pages of responses, but to the OP....

You've obviously not played the beta. Legion has so much to do I'm having trouble figuring out how I'll even have time to level alts because there's so much to do on my main.

As far as gold making, they're putting it back towards professions where it always was before garrisons made them useless. And if you aren't making gold in pre-patch then you can only blame yourself for that one. I've made almost 100k since Tuesday & I've been extremely lazy with my efforts.

Now I haven't played much the past 2 days simply because I've had a grueling week at work & I'm tired. But even with the events not started yet in the pre-patch I've got a wealth of things to go do thanks to the wardrobe system. I've been out of storage space for months & now I can go farm anything my little heart desires.

Class changes? When have people ever not whined over class changes? My hunter plays different than she did last week. I've adapted. Granted I was already used to this from beta but even then the growing pains weren't that bad. But seriously if you hate everything that bad just quit. Because if Legion doesn't make you happy nothing will as it's the best work I've seen blizz put out in a very very long time. But, you aren't judging legion. You're judging it by the pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post

As far as gold making, they're putting it back towards professions where it always was before garrisons made them useless. And if you aren't making gold in pre-patch then you can only blame yourself for that one.
    I should dig out my post from ages ago where I predicted the massive outcry of garrison gold nerfing - and that some of us still maintained our primary profession skills (ACTUAL accounting skills I mean, not just the abilities the game gives in a given profession) and didn't rely soley on the Garrison for my income source. Now I'll be happy in a position to continue making gold having not relied exclusively on free baskets of gold being handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    .... Too tired to read the pages of responses, but to the OP....

You've obviously not played the beta. Legion has so much to do I'm having trouble figuring out how I'll even have time to level alts because there's so much to do on my main.
    for the initial 2 months sure it has - but what will happen half of year/year later ? dont forget wod launch was succesful too - it wasnt untill half of year later that 5 mln left the game

Deleted
    It wont be another WoD, it will be worse. What sucked about WoD was post game content and Garrisons never went anywhere, it was just a gold making factory. But the quest zones were excellent, perhaps best in any expansion from a pacing perspective. There is a reason you leveled 10 some lvl 100s and enjoyed it. Imagine doing that in say Cataclysm, id slit my throat doing those shitty zones.

And instead of just saying it, i will explain to you exactly why. The entire theme of Legion is to put a grind behind you retaining your character back.

What?

Yes, your character is lesser now, lacks several abilties, such as say Cyclone, until you grind Artifact and PVP to regain some of them back. Some abilities are gone forever.

And that is the central theme of Legion, you might think you are a "super badass" for having Ashbringer, but if you look under the hood, the weapons you are given are there to mask what is actually happening. Everyone is weaker in this game now, and will be until they grind their way back to something resembling their spec.

This is what people fundamentally do not understand yet, they see Artifact weapons and think their characters are somehow going forward, but you are being stripped off your abilities and only some of them will come back. Your passives are far less until you grind them back on your artifact weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    My thoughts? You're a vocal minority that exists every single expansion, the people who will doomcall before they even get a chance to see the game in its real form, and your irrational pre-judgement of an entire expansion based on limited knowledge (beta, one day of pre-patch) just shows how eager you are to watch the game die for some weird personal sense of validation.
    I've seen almost this exact post in some way, shape and form since Burning Crusade and people complaining that felguards being OP at 60 is killing the game and everyone having high warlord gear is enough to make them quit.

Am I saying Legion won't be bad? No, but what I am saying is that if you go into something wanting it to be terrible and unenjoyable, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Would it hurt you to actually give Legion a valid try before saying it's the end of WoW?
    Perfect response.