Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Once again, no video, can't assume.
    Dog on private property, cop with no real legitimate reason to be there, no video needed.

Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    It said the dog was kicking and gasping for air.

Why is the US solution to everything, to shoot it?
    Because that's what the country was founded on; we shot the natives, then shot the British and finally shot each other.

That's not how life works. If that were the case cops couldn't arrest you for committing a crime without video evidence. You can recreate the likely events based on all sorts of information. Where the dog was located, the trajectory of the bullet and where it meant the cop was most likely standing. If the cop had sustained any wounds, or if his clothes had been damaged in the manner that a dog might have done. Did the cop identify himself or attempt any alternate method of subduing the dog, or gaining the attention of it's owners before he fired 3 bullets into it. Why did he summarily execute a dog in front of a 5 year old child? If you don't think any of these things are valid questions that appear to not have a good answer, then your opinion is equally invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by volkanik View Post
    Pit-bull mix. Not much loss. Those dogs should be banned. In before someone links a picture of an "adorable" pit-bull. It won't be so adorable when it turns on you, which is common place for this vicious dog breed.

you do realize Golden retrievers have the worst records when it comes to biting humans......

and i got a mix pitbull dog, she has never growled/bite once ever.
    (also pit-bull is not a single dog type/species, it is a wide range of dogs) they are the most loyal dogs you can have, the reason they have a bad rep is because humans abuse that for dog fighting and any abused dog will have bad habits alone.......

also can do is is go nuts for love and begs to be pet.....worse thing she can do is jump on you and lick you.....

our golden retriever we had before..... was the only dog to bite me.....

and don;t get me wrong golden's are great family dogs, BUT YOU HAVE TO KNOW YOUR ANIMAL/PET! and smaller dogs are usually safer to have with small kids, that does not mean big dogs are bad.....

goes back to don't blame the tool, blame the "TOOL" using the tool....
    Last edited by Arthas242; 2016-07-22 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Cop acts in shitty manner, fellow officers come to their defense, nothing changes, rinse and repeat.

With great power comes great responsibility. Lethal force is always the responsibility of the perpetrator, that is independent of right/wrong.
    Shitty manner to you. Not most sane people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect there's more to this story than we're being told.

Deleted
    What is the legitimate reason to shoot a dog? - Did it have a gun?

Better to be a "fucking piece of a shit" than to own a dog that has the potential to turn on me in an instant and kill me. You're probably one of those guys who bought a rottweiler just to feel "badass". The same reason all the hoodlums buy pit-bulls.
    I told myself I won't reply to this but... jesus fucking christ, how can one person be so willfully, deliberately ignorant is beyond me.

1. Rottweilers are all around medium to low energy dogs that are fairly easy to take care of due to their short coats and are incredibly versatile. they do need to be worked as they are intelligent and stubborn and can get destructive if bored. not nearly as badly as border collies whose threshold for boredom is lower, but nonetheless. know for their extreme loyalty to the family and being fantastic with small children. very protective of them.
    2. pit type dogs are actualy some of the friendliest around. because they have some fighting background, they were specifically bread to be extremely friendly to people - since their handlers had to be able to pull them apart during a dog fight without getting bitten themselves. this unfortunately can occasionally result in aggression towards other animals, especially dogs - UNLESS they are socialized early. but it takes an extreme form of abuse or some other factors to make them aggressive towards humans, because even dogs who have been used for fighting for years and have their scars show it - still would wag their tails and act friendly when rescued. very smart, extremely eager to please - at least as much as labradors, in some cases more. used to be known as nanny dogs and starred in a number of old TV shoes, including Little rascals. used to be known as "America's dog"

but hey, lets keep buying into the media overblown bullshit. I wonder which dog breed they will chose next as "THE MENACE!" hell, for all I know - they may go for labs next. since you know, large and all.

back to original post. unfortunately - stories like that are all too damn common

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I have two shiba inu dogs. One is so incredibly friendly she jumps on and licks everyone she can with high-pitched yips. I am utterly terrified of what would happen if a cop encountered her. Bailey is more reserved than Godiva, but he is known to snarl and guard bark at other dogs, again, a combination that scares me if a police officer felt threatened. They wouldn't care that neither of my dogs are actually aggressive and Godiva is such a little waffle that even shaking my keys are enough to have her fall to the floor in fear, they'd shoot them anyway...and that's all this article shows.
    A family friend had a chow that was overly friendly like that. One time she got loose, knocked a passing kid to the ground to lick his face, so the kids mother called the cops. Luckily they just had to send the dog to training, with a warning that if the dog "attacked" anyone else it'd be destroyed...
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    that was a disturbing read.. the police has a bad enough pr rep at the moment - they should('ve) handled this differently

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are a lot of "if's" in this case to be confident what was done was wrong or right. Without a video, it is mainly a policeman's word against the dog owners. If the dog was on the other side of the fence when shot, then the officer was wrong. If the dog was shot out of the fenced area one could assume the dog attacked the officer, in which case he would be justified.

Where I live the home owner can be held liable for a dog they own if it attacks someone even on their property, same as they can be held liable for broken step on a deck in which a person gets injured while using it.

Ether way it is a sad case. Pets can be like a member of your family. But pet owners also have to be responsible with pets they own. And some dogs can be dangerous.

Its not right the cop shot dog, but I hate pit bulls. Such a white trash dog. Usually the people own them are the kind of people who like to intimidate and bully people with their gun collections or pit bull dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    There are a lot of "if's" in this case to be confident what was done was wrong or right. Without a video, it is mainly a policeman's word against the dog owners. If the dog was on the other side of the fence when shot, then the officer was wrong. If the dog was shot out of the fenced area one could assume the dog attacked the officer, in which case he would be justified.

Where I live the home owner can be held liable for a dog they own if it attacks someone even on their property, same as they can be held liable for broken step on a deck in which a person gets injured while using it.

Ether way it is a sad case. Pets can be like a member of your family. But pet owners also have to be responsible with pets they own. And some dogs can be dangerous.
    If the dog was attacking the officer, how could the officer go back to his car to get another gun?

Deleted

See, even if it's outside the fence, why is shooting it the first answer in the US? There are dozens of way to get a dog under control that do not involve killing it.

yea and a good bunch of police officers need to get fired they clearly don't have the mental capacity to wear that uniform, how you guys recruit them with a lottery?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    yea and a good bunch of police officers need to get fired they clearly don't have the mental capacity to wear that uniform, how you guys recruit them with a lottery?
    Coming from living in a family of police officers. A lot of cities are not paying well enough, nor providing benefits good enough that unless you are desperate(or unqualified) to do the job you won't take it because its not worth it. If the city isn't willing to pay officers decently, why would they even bother providing additional training for these types of incidents. In San Jose CA, they pretty much got rid of any decent retirement all the officers had so they all quit or moved to another city. Thats just one example.

You get what you pay for. In this case we got a police officer who shot a dog which probably didn't need to be shot. A lot of people say he didn't have a reason to be there though, to my understanding he had a warrant to be there. We don't know the full story.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    What is the legitimate reason to shoot a dog? - Did it have a gun?
    Are you really that daft?

Pit-bull mix. Not much loss. Those dogs should be banned. In before someone links a picture of an "adorable" pit-bull. It won't be so adorable when it turns on you, which is common place for this vicious dog breed.
    Going by statistics and facts, your statement is not only retarded but also paints you in a sad light as a person as it does spill some clues as to your reasoning when it comes to humans as well. "One bad apple spoils the bunch!"-and all that lovely backwards thinking. What's even more sad, is that so many share your ignorance and are content with that sort of existence.Look at all the dogs of this type/breed that live full lives without harming anyone or anything besides toys, if that. But yeah, logic and intelligent reasoning doesn't come naturally to everyone I suppose...

The loss of that FAMILY dog, is a tragic one. It would have been equally tragic had it been a golden retriver, or lab, or shepherd, or collie, or whatever...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-07-22 at 10:35 PM.

Are you really that daft?
    Most people haven't seen an aggressive dog attack someone before... people think their dog is an angel and couldn't possibly be protective of their owners and property. So yes, it leads to a lot of daft comments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    Shitty manner to you. Not most sane people.
    I do not think most sane people think shooting a dog in its own yard when you have no valid reason to be there pretty shitty, as is shooting an unarmed man with his hands in the air.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xhisors View Post
    Most people haven't seen an aggressive dog attack someone before... people think their dog is an angel and couldn't possibly be protective of their owners and property. So yes, it leads to a lot of daft comments.
    Dont enter property that has a dog on it unless you have a real valid reason to for starters. Accept that you are the intruder and being bit comes with the territory.