Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ehh, nothing has been confirmed yet?

Not sure I'm a big fan of this movie though, Harrison Ford IS Han Solo, I don't see anyone else playing him.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Although the expanded universe is no longer canon, they may still use the original concept of Han Solo's origin story. There was even a scene in Episode 3 connecting to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    this sounds fucking awful. when will hollywood learn?
    Hi

Deleted
    Aren't they rewriting him as a female?

Hannah Solo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    I would support the idea, if

the movie was animated n had Harrison Ford's voice.
    Thats....not a bad idea.

Still not nearly exited for the as the Boba Fett movie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    Also, Han Solo is Harrison Ford, and vise-versa. It would be like making an Indiana Jones origin movie. Just, why?
    Actually there was a young-Indiana Jones TV series like 2 decades ago

Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2017-06-21 at 05:09 PM.

My biggest concern is that they're going to ignore his character growth in the OT and just assume he was always the jerk with a heart of gold rather than a scoundrel who eventually became a better person through his interactions with Luke and Leia.

I'm not opposed to the movie in theory, but if they're gonna set it before ANH, they need to actually use pre-ANH Han.

Deleted
    Some news

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Aren't they rewriting him as a female?

Hannah Solo
    Should be black, too.

And lesbian.

With a Jewish name, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Actually there was a young-Indiana Jones TV series like 2 decades ago

Starts out slow, were like 3 seasons
    dangit, you beat me to it. but yeah, w/e.

honestly, i think there's more potential in 'young indiana jones' then there is in 'young han solo'.

*BECAUSE*

the Han Solo we are first presented with, is the baseline for growth... he may not be completely without worth, but (at least in the han shot first) version, he's a degenerate smuggler indebted to even worse elements. From there... we see him regain himself. Both in material worth, but also in how he cares for others besides himself and chewie.

Seeing his 'fall from grace' (assuming he was even graceful in the first place) isn't quite a story that needs to be told. Its one thing to present the "rise & fall of a villain" but its another thing to present the fall of an average guy, after his later rise to hero has later been shown.

"Young Indiana Jones" is another story entirely. Aside from my interest in period pieces, it also shows the RISE of Indiana Jones. Which is as appealing as the Rise of Tomb Raider (although without quite as generous curves and the loli aspects of a young lara)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    dangit, you beat me to it. but yeah, w/e.

honestly, i think there's more potential in 'young indiana jones' then there is in 'young han solo'.

*BECAUSE*

the Han Solo we are first presented with, is the baseline for growth... he may not be completely without worth, but (at least in the han shot first) version, he's a degenerate smuggler indebted to even worse elements. From there... we see him regain himself. Both in material worth, but also in how he cares for others besides himself and chewie.

Seeing his 'fall from grace' (assuming he was even graceful in the first place) isn't quite a story that needs to be told. Its one thing to present the "rise & fall of a villain" but its another thing to present the fall of an average guy, after his later rise to hero has later been shown.

"Young Indiana Jones" is another story entirely. Aside from my interest in period pieces, it also shows the RISE of Indiana Jones. Which is as appealing as the Rise of Tomb Raider (although without quite as generous curves and the loli aspects of a young lara)
    I think a Han Solo movie will be interesting precisely because the main character will not be a hero, or at least not the "knight in shining armour" type of hero. It will be the first Star Wars movie that will not be about the Force and the fight between the Empire and the Rebellion. We will see more of the galaxy's underground. An Han Solo movie will be more like "Ocean's Eleven," "Smokey and the Bandit" or "Hudson Hawk", where the hero is a criminal. They are all scoundrels, but you root for them anyway. I hope they will not be too serious about it and that there will keep it light-hearted with plenty space for humour.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I think a Han Solo movie will be interesting precisely because the main character will not be a hero,
    If thats how they play it, it has the potential to be... ok.......

but i doubt it.

I think they're gonna play the "heart of gold" card and make him out to be the good guy on hard times.

Either way, my (very personal) opinion is that the risks of ruining a good thing outweighs the slim chance that they will actually add anything worthwhile to the character.

Donald Glover cast as young Lando Calrissian in Star Wars Han Solo movie

Quote Originally Posted by t1saif View Post
    Donald Glover cast as young Lando Calrissian in Star Wars Han Solo movie

Finally some hope might come to this movie that was looking pretty shitty before.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Finally some hope might come to this movie that was looking pretty shitty before.
    Its a good casting. My guess is we will have scene where Han won the Falcon, fair and square lol. I wonder if a game of Sabaac will be involved still. Hell when you think about it, chance are he will also run into alot of other classic bounty hunters and smugglers, setting up for the bounty hunter movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Its a good casting. My guess is we will have scene where Han won the Falcon, fair and square lol. I wonder if a game of Sabaac will be involved still. Hell when you think about it, chance are he will also run into alot of other classic bounty hunters and smugglers, setting up for the bounty hunter movie.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Jabba. I would love that they put Hondo Ohnaka in the movie.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    you still going at it?
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Jabba. I would love that they put Hondo Ohnaka in the movie.
    Hondo in the movie would be fantastic since its set in the rebellion era.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    you still going at it?

Best just to ignore him.