Deleted

Is the Alliance still the default competitive PVP faction?

Basically what the title says, is this still the case due to the new changes they've made to faction balance by Blizz?

Its still better than Horde. A lot of classes dont have anything to remove stuns this expansion, so the racial can make a difference in pvp. You can use your trinket to remove it but its better to have the racial+trinket if something goes wrong.

The racial really help healers, because they dont have anything to remove stuns and they really dont want to use the trinket to remove them.

Deleted
    I'm just wondering where it's going to be easiest to find lots of teams for rbgs to potentially join etc.

Don't want to do those argent dailies again -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Come Legion, PvP titles will be divided by faction. 50% Alliance and 50% Horde. So, there's that to keep in mind if your goal is Glad.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinia View Post
    Come Legion, PvP titles will be divided by faction. 50% Alliance and 50% Horde. So, there's that to keep in mind if your goal is Glad.
    Good change. I think at 110 it's pretty even but right now on live, blizzard went full retard with not allowing any access to honor talents while shutting down trinket slots in instanced pvp which means every race but humans are stuck with a 3 minute cd pvp trink. I guess it's "fine" cause there's no pvp season active.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Grinia View Post
    Aren't they just keeping the current cutoff % for titles and awarding them to each faction seperately?

they're trying some new crap for rated pvp now.. but it has no real impact on casual pvp so they're still failing imo. stop this racial bullcrap now! doubt anyone cares about rpg elements anymore.. especially for pvp.

Alliance still has the (vastly) superior racials. Human's +10% rep, EMFH, Naaru heal, Night Elf's Vanish, Gnome's root removal for melees, etc. Until they either remove racials from PVP or give Horde racials that don't suck, expect Alliance to be the go-to side for pretty much anything.

EMFH was nerfed in PVE, so raiding guilds *might* look towards Horde if any fights favor them heavily, though I doubt many guilds care enough about this to swap. Free stun removal almost always has some use in dungeons/raids, 10% rep is relevant way more than it should be and naaru heal is always strong, though.

That being said, if you're aiming for Gladiator/title gladiator, I think Horde is the better way to go due to min-maxers going Alliance. Also, BG win rates are much closer to 50% now that gear isn't a deciding factor.

Deleted
    Even with all the (upcoming?) changes, the bulk is already at the Alliance side.
    People that would leave now or in Legion, would miss out on a large pool of skilled players.

Maybe some will start alts on the other side for the 50/50 title change though.

Deleted
    Yes.

The only way this will change is if they buff some Horde racial to such a extent that it breaks the game like EMFH did. And people begin transfering to Horde.

They fucked up so bad, that the only way to possibly balance it out, is to fuck it up even further. Which is sad, but they didnt recognize the problem early and so it spiraled out of control.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

Maybe some will start alts on the other side for the 50/50 title change though.
    They already have alts. If you look arround many glads use at least 2 chars. One to train with and one to keep the rating. Some even get 4-5 characters into glad range.
    Now they simply will split them among horde & alliance.