Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Nope, i did 15+ TW since patch and only problem i had was one disci priest who was utterly clueless what to do. Then again he wouldn't even heal to full between fights so he probably was a moron.
    In the priest's defense, topping people off outside of combat is actually more difficult than doing it in combat. The way atonement works, healing comes from damaging enemies, not casting true heals on party members. This is probably disc's biggest downside when it comes to 5man content..

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    I've "filled in" twice now for arcatraz runs where the tank left/got kicked. I ran them just fine. I think the problem is far too few tanks actually played in TBC and remember just how hard arcatraz was when it was progression, god forbid Shadow Labs runs. These were seriously hard heroic dungeons, and people want to pull them like it's WoD heroics.
    I agree, I think a lot of people who never ran certain dungeons before, didn't know that some were difficult during a time. They've done a good job throughout Timewalkings introduction on keeping them actually somewhat challenging. You really can't pull a ton and expect to live. Shit actually hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    Lol no offense but you have no idea how many cooldowns tanks have lost in this patch.

- - - Updated - - -

My Mistweaver monk healed multiple dungeons, even some raids and mana issues haven't felt like an issue at all. In fact, It feels better than before the patch. Before the patch, I'd run out of mana quickly where now, I can heal for days.
    maybe the tune are diferrent between classes, or maybe you already had few itens with spirit. My druid was with amulet, back, 2 rings and 2 trinkets with spirit sufered a lot in regen, in raids i am casting almost half times each heal, but the numbers wasnot so bad comparing to priests and shamans

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    Why is people having hard time equipping legendary cloak mop *if you have one* and legendary weapon *if you got it*, things are easy as pie.. Wtf?
    didn't they kill that with legion?

anywho i've done a bunch of timewalking as first intoduction to a spec and class and pretty much every group i ended up with everyone did the same and we did fine.

I see this every time time-walking comes around... People jump in there expecting to be able to treat it like a WoD Normal 5-man (which they most likely out gear). Then when they find out that they can't just ignore mechanics they complain that it's too hard. It's not too hard, it's just we were scaled down to match it's original level. It's kind of like doing that TW dungeon when it was relevant.

This time around it's even more interesting because Blizz introduced class changes in preparation for Legion. These changes seem to have inadvertently added an extra degree of challenge to these dungeons. Now people are crying twice as hard. To those complaining about how TW is "broken" now... look at all the other replies to this thread from players who have had no trouble with the content or at least managed to get through it. PEBCAK.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I don't recall a prepatch reducing damage and survivability ever before. On the contrary, everything has been a faceroll always after a prepatch when compared to the previous patch. So it might indeed be that you need the artifact.

But I haven't played yet, so can't say if my toons are also affected or if it's just a learn to play issue.
    The removal of Bonus armor, group buffs and tank damage reduction cooldowns makes it hurt that much more

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DriftChicken View Post
    This time around it's even more interesting because Blizz introduced class changes in preparation for Legion. These changes seem to have inadvertently added an extra degree of challenge to these dungeons. Now people are crying twice as hard. To those complaining about how TW is "broken" now... look at all the other replies to this thread from players who have had no trouble with the content or at least managed to get through it. PEBCAK.
    TW is meant to be random queued. Please go solo queue for TW a half dozen times and report back with your findings.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooja View Post
    In the priest's defense, topping people off outside of combat is actually more difficult than doing it in combat. The way atonement works, healing comes from damaging enemies, not casting true heals on party members. This is probably disc's biggest downside when it comes to 5man content..
    yeah... how exactly is a disc priest supposed to heal out of combat ? cooking & first aid ?

i tried doing one timewalking on a priest alt i hadnt touched in a while, took one look at my disc bar and said "well, !@#$ this. lets try holy"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    plea? /10char
    You'll wear out that key pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    My monk got 655 weapons in the mail.

I'm assuming you're talking about something else.
    Nope. Just checked and yes, they are ilvl 705 weapons marked as heroic. I guess the quality of weapon depends on your progress in HFC and/or your overall ilvl.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigamie View Post
    Nope. Just checked and yes, they are ilvl 705 weapons marked as heroic. I guess the quality of weapon depends on your progress in HFC and/or your overall ilvl.
    Well my weapons were 705 and 710 and I got a shiny new 655 to replace them. Thanks, Blizzard, you really care.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I don't recall a prepatch reducing damage and survivability ever before. On the contrary, everything has been a faceroll always after a prepatch when compared to the previous patch. So it might indeed be that you need the artifact.

But I haven't played yet, so can't say if my toons are also affected or if it's just a learn to play issue.
    Same shit happened at WoD prepatch.
    (Again with Cata prepatch)

I don't know about WotLK prepatch since I was not raider in BC.

Easy as druid tank.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    TW is meant to be random queued. Please go solo queue for TW a half dozen times and report back with your findings.
    I've solo queued five times to complete the quest on a very neglected alt and here are my findings.

I quit playing my priest when Blizzard said that it's intended for Holy to be subpar and I should respec Disc; I disliked Disc gameplay. With news from Beta I ran my priest through Tanaan to not be completely undergeared for Legion. After pre-patch I dragged my new skills from my spellbook to make sure I'm not missing anything. Last time my priest healed someone was around BRF release, I'm not kidding you. My gear is random Tanaan drops, no tier, one Tanaan int/haste trinket, one int DPS heirloom trinket. No enchants. Baddie enough, I'd say. If that character applied to my casual guild, it would be denied on spot.

I wiped once in my random groups, when the stupid tank pulled 1st boss in Mana Tombs and the whole room aggroed and charged into us. I died once more when another tank overpulled in Arkatraz, there was no wipe though. The rest was rather easy, despite full random groups and me being a noob at the new Holy Priest.

None of my groups were destroyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

This is why you should play with people that aren't horrible at the game. Grouping up with competent players saves you a lot of time in wow.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The balance of applying attonement and damage healing and actual healing is really jarring at first and if they didnt practice or read up on it then they will be bad, also they probably have mastery stacked and thats like the exact oposite of what we want now, people will hopefully figure it out

Yup, as others have pointed out, you are now basically the equivalent of some one in the middle of leveling.
    You are just much more geared (hopefully.)

Timewalkers aren't that much more difficult, but the imbalance is a result of no Artifact.
    It makes a REALLY big difference.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thealmightymoo View Post
    anyone else been in a timewalking group (and god forbid, even mythics! ) and being utterly destroyed ever since the patch?

more specificity, the Arcatraz?

i kept seeing tanks being two shotted by the eredar in that place and then id get one shotted quickly after. maybe everything.
    ye, bad ppl has been ever easier to spot now with pre-patch, thank god i queue as TW geared tank

Having ppl do 0.7k dps on bosses is quite bad
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Ran Arcatraz four times last night while queuing with guildies, didn't see anything like that.

- - - Updated - - -

You sound salty?
    yeah so many black morass failures It was Insane.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.