Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm guessing mostly damage control and within a year he could get things on track (whatever track he has in mind).

I think the hardest part after winning would be to find people that want to work with/under him.

Well there's the transition period and then there's his Inaugural and State of the Union addresses, which will set the tone for his presidency.

The world won't end.
    The US won't end.
    But the country will slowly undo all the things that have improved for the general population since Reagan's regressive politics, and also tear down diplomacy with other countries, and alienate international non-commercial organisations. It will probably divide its people more than ever.
    Mother pus bucket!

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    He'll split the country into 100 "mini Americas," sell off the national debt as a "debt product" to about 90 of them, then try to have that debt discharged in bankruptcy court.

The will be the trigger to open the flood gates for the monsters in Pacific Rim 2.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    The world won't end.
    The US won't end.
    But the country will slowly undo all the things that have improved for the general population since Reagan's regressive politics, and also tear down diplomacy with other countries, and alienate international non-commercial organisations. It will probably divide its people more than ever.
    This will be the case with either candidate. Trump gets everyone's gaze because he's bombastic, but Hillary is just as devious but far more tactical and clever about it. Give me Gary Johnson.

Same thing that always happens, nothing good.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Deleted
    Trump himself is not the important factor.

The Republicans controlling 3 government branches is.

So to answer your question, he's indeed gonna make America great again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if none of his policies pass, the racists will still become more openly racist.

There's a certain level of doublethink involved in pointing out all the things Trump plans to do as reasons to vote for him whilst simultaneously arguing that the opposition to Trump is fearmongering on the basis that he can't actually do any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Hopefully the progressives move to other countries and America becomes un-cucked.
    You wish.

We're going to move to other places just like the conservatives in my area were saying they were going to move to Texas if Obama won re-election. Guess what, they're still here. We Americans have mastered the art of blowing smoke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    One possible outcome, and I don't give this a high chance, but think it's possible:

Concentration Camps

If there's another terror attack on US soil, I could see Trump making the argument that we need to round up the Muslims and put them into a camp to keep an eye on them, like FDR did with the Japanese during WW2. And what's more, I think there are enough Americans who would go along with it to make it happen.

Alternatively, I could see him deciding that we have to deport all existing illegal immigrants and inter them until such time as we can put them through the due process to deport them. That could involve concentration camps as well for illegal immigrants.

Note, I'm not calling them death camps, because I don't think they would be. And I think it's maybe a 5-10% chance, not a high chance, but I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility with the way the country is right now.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Nothing? The US system of checks and balances should be able to keep even somebody slightly mad under control.
    Oh yeah?!? How'd that system work out with Obama and his ACA? Among other things...NDAA?

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Hopefully the progressives move to other countries and America becomes un-cucked.
    No president will ever be able to fix shit like this, we're doomed... We're all doomed!
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

congress will block most of the domestic things, how ever he will destroy our foreign relations across the board; perhaps starting ww3 over twitter.

Deleted
    Ever heard of ragnarök. It will be the same but just focused around the US and it's foreign relations.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Trump himself is not the important factor.

The Republicans controlling 3 government branches is.

So to answer your question, he's indeed gonna make America great again.
    How by dividing it with rhetoric and lies? A tax plan that adds billions onto the debt?

10+ Year Old Account
    I predict Hillary or Trump will only get one term.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Trump is now the official candidate for the republicans and as a european im getting all excited. As Jim Jefferies puts it " let's just do it and see how crazy shit can get!"

So what do you think will happen? War with Mexico? Mass migration? America becoming a third world country with a few rich people?
    Or will America become great again?
    The hate groups like BLM will go full nuclear to destroy America

At least some people know the reality...
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    The hate groups like BLM will go full nuclear to destroy America
    Hyperbole mode set a little high there.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, we'll get a shitty judge to replace Scalia.

We won't get any progressive ideas (min wage increases, gay rights protections, etc) through without a veto-proof majority

More tax breaks for the rich, and thus more debt while Americans continue to pretend trickle down economics works

Basically, a continuation of bad Republican ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    It's going to be very bad for minorities, when Trump starts appointing new radicals to Supreme Court. Goodbye to gay marriage or any other equal human rights, since they can overturn them then, and increase "religious freedom" instead.
    I love how the religious right turned the phrase "religious freedom" into code for "oppression of people we don't like."

And by "love" I mean "hate."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    In contrast to my predictions about Trump, Hillary will probably maintain the status quo and might even improve things slightly.
    That's how I see it. Trump will take us backwards. Hillary will either keep us where we are or possibly even inch us a bit forward. I don't see her actually pushing the progressive platform as she "promised" but I don't see her vetoing such things if they happen across her desk either.

Rather have the status quo than the orange glo.
    Putin khuliyo