Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Because those people are not doing it because they are right, they are doing it because that is what the majority of people want. It is like saying slavery is evil only after they made it illegal and just want to fit in with the crowd. They want votes, they don't actually care about it. That is literally what Clinton does.

They don't have a spine in their body to say the right thing when it is unpopular. They are not leaders, they are followers.
    From a pragmatic standpoint, this is basically irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykco View Post
    Making stuff up or just putting words into Trump's mouth?
    Making stuff up? Trump literally said that in his speech where he announced his candidacy...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    How on earth can you say "a great number of illegal invaders are murders and rapists". Do you have some facts to back that up?

Please bear in mind that there are supposed to be something like 11 million illegal immigrants. There were something like 16000 murders last year in the USA. If the illegal immigrants committed every single murder and those murders were all by different people (which isn't the case) then 0.15% of the illegals would be murders. I can't how that can be "a great number" of them.

If you are saying that they commit the most murders then look here:

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...-murder-stats/
    Not even there but here as well: http://www.nber.org/papers/w13229.pdf

Deleted
    The downside to this pick is that both have the charisma and appeal of a pair of crocks.

A more colorful and charismatic person wouldve been a better choice. But maybe she doesnt want a VP overshadowing her.

Quote Originally Posted by Arril View Post
    Obama (Democrat last I looked) has deported more illegal aliens than any other President in history. Do you read anything before you generalize or do you just wing it?
    Its Zombergy. If it isn't a Republican, they are communists and need to be eradicated. He doesn't deal with anything at all close to facts. Just hyperbole and bullshit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    From a pragmatic standpoint, this is basically irrelevant.
    From someone who is a voter in the 2016 election, it is relevant. He could be one of the most powerful people in our country, and you want someone who just does the right thing because other people want it, not just because it is the right thing to do?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Let me see here..

A man who is decent, have reasonable political positions and is, and I can't stress this enough, boring!

I love boring politicians!

Voting for a boring politician means you are voting for them simply because they are the one that most closely align with your views, that charisma or such is not a factor! And that is how one should vote, in my opinion.

He's for the TPP and waited until 2013 to be for gay rights. Thats all I need to know to not support him.
    But you have already said that you wouldn't vote for her regardless.

It's likely that she went this way because there was no reason for her to pick a liberal candidate. The majority of the Bernie or bust movement have said they won't vote for her anyway. Why would she move more left and chance alienating more people if there was no up side?

10+ Year Old Account
    From someone who is a voter in the 2016 election, it is relevant. He could be one of the most powerful people in our country, and you want someone who just does the right thing because other people want it, not just because it is the right thing to do?
    Sounds like LBJ to be frank.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    Let me see here..

A man who is decent, have reasonable political positions and is, and I can't stress this enough, boring!

I love boring politicians!

Voting for a boring politician means you are voting for them simply because they are the one that most closely align with your views, that charisma or such is not a factor! And that is how one should vote, in my opinion.
    Hes boring because he is another politician just like Hillary. He has no differing views than her really, unlike Trump's vp pick.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I would have been worried if she had picked cory booker. I now predict record low turnout by the blacks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    But you have already said that you wouldn't vote for her regardless.

It's likely that she went this way because there was no reason for her to pick a liberal candidate. The majority of the Bernie or bust movement have said they won't vote for her anyway. Why would she move more left and chance alienating more people if there was no up side?
    Because? What does she have to lose? How is she going to lose her base by choosing a liberal vp? Only thing I can think of is that she is trying to appeal to independents/republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Was that the same Obama who's responsible for...

121 murders attributed to illegals released by Obama administration
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ants-released/

20,000 illegals with criminal convictions released into U.S. communities in 2015
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-illegal-immi/

...?
    Yep. That same Obama. You see I understand government, and Obama doesn't personally fund ICE and Border Patrol and all the other Law Enforcement vehicles that exist. That would be... Congress I believe it's called that has failed to fund these programs sufficient to their needs. So while you blame Obama, I blame the entire government for releasing criminals and not deporting them. You do of course realize that many many people illegally enter this country when a Republican is President right? And I can find similar crime statistics for every President in the last however many years you want to go back - the (R) and (D) next to their names are immaterial.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Its Zombergy. If it isn't a Republican, they are communists and need to be eradicated. He doesn't deal with anything at all close to facts. Just hyperbole and bullshit.
    Ah thanks, I don't know the names and such yet. I will disengage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because? What does she have to lose? How is she going to lose her base by choosing a liberal vp? Only thing I can think of is that she is trying to appeal to independents/republicans.
    Her base is HER BASE... Why would she need to appeal even more to people she already has the support of? That's not how you win elections...

Its more about people just staying home because they arent excited about their candidates. I didnt vote for mccain or romney, I just stayed home.

There's a common thread in both of those options, which happen to be the only thing I care about. Which is that the right thing is done. If we're going to wait around for true believers to do the right thing all the time, then we're going to be dead of old age before we get very far at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

He's for the TPP and waited until 2013 to be for gay rights. Thats all I need to know to not support him.
    Where are you hearing that? He was opposed to defining "traditional" marriage in 2012. Was vocally against LGBT discrimination in 2001. Campaigned against a "traditional" marriage Amendment in 2006. He issued an executive order banning LGBT discrimination as governor.

2013 was his first year in the Senate so if you can't find anything about his votes before that... well there you have it.

What do you care about his position on TPP anyway? It isn't his agenda that he will be working towards. It will be Clinton's.
    Last edited by Matchles; 2016-07-23 at 12:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Her base is HER BASE... Why would she need to appeal even more to people she already has the support of? That's not how you win elections...
    Then why appeal to her base even more if she already has them?

Tim Kaine is a safe pick. It nets Hillary a swing state which has been purple-ish in the past two decades.

The gamble here is that Hillary's camp is expecting Bernie's people to fall in line in spite of this pick, instead of because of this pick, like an Elizabeth Warren/Corey Booker pick would have galvanized his base. It's kind of a gamble, but I think Bernie has been showing indications during the RNC that he's not going to tolerate his supporters going for Trump.

Then why appeal to her base even more if she already has them?
    She's courting the middle that are turned off by Trump but worried about moving as far left as Sanders. Believe it or not, there are many more of them.