10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Besides that, here's a PSA: Don't expect the "Nearby glitch" to be fixed any time soon. It's been confirmed that Niantic actually disabled it server side to lower the stress on the servers and release the game in more regions. There's still quite a lot of regions to be added, so the nearby feature might be gone for quite a while.
    Been saying that for ages

Their servers are doing a lot better now though.

Hitmonchan still eludes me . Maybe I'll go to a gym tomorrow and stare at pokevision while I sit on a stationary bike until one spawns. >.<

I really hate the idea of regional spawns too, at this point I'm just hopeing 5km eggs bless me.
    Last edited by Moralgy; 2016-07-23 at 05:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post

Hitmonchan still eludes me . Maybe I'll go to a gym tomorrow and stare at pokevision while I sit on a stationary bike until one spawns. >.<

I really hate the idea of regional spawns too, at this point I'm just hopeing 5km eggs bless me.
    I have this weird mixed feeling of jealousy and feeling sad for someone at the same time.

Jesus how did u manage. Haven't even seen all pokemon yet on the glitched tracker and I traveled 500km since it came out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Make sure your phone's on automatic time (zone) synchronisation. Otherwise you won't get anything.
    How do I check that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    [IMG]https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13726794_1020816241347462_4046513756088978446_n.jpg?oh=7c8e62333e88b8c5880af1b438d5789c&oe =58192E49/IMG]

I've seen THREE Charmanders in my area. One is my starter, one I lost due to bad phone connection, and one escaped from my ball and ran.

I just want a Charizard. T_T
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    First time I hear about this, how is it connected? I've used a lure and an incense before and got nothing, I thought it was just one of the bugs.
    @Shiift

My colleagues wife had this same issue, while they were sitting under the same lure. He told me yesterday that this is the reason, though his wife's phone hasn't got an option to automatically synchronize time and how it's done is unknown to me.

Maybe this will help:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/c...e_not_working/

Deleted
    BTW i can confirm pokevision is legit. Catching em all just became a shitload easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    If you're on an apple product, go check the version number under the game's settings. Any version below 1.0 is a test version. For programs releasing a newer version, 2.0 or above, they will mark it as beta, but original releases are 0.X without being marked as beta.

As I said above, I think Niantic has done a pretty bad job of stressing that this is a beta test, and has been pretty terrible about community communication in general, but at the same time, the community itself has done a pretty thorough job of ignoring what little Niantic has said and hyping this as the full release.
    So basically you're saying that everyone is wrong and the fault lies with everyone except for you, cause somehow you are enlightened enough to know it's beta test while no one else knows this, not even the die hard folk at reddit? What kind of conspiracy theory is that bro? xd

The version released on the 5th of July is the release candidate whether you like it or not. Even Niantic stated that the beta period ended some time ago (before release) and they were then aiming for a July release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    BTW i can confirm pokevision is legit. Catching em all just became a shitload easier.
    How can it be legit? Breaks the whole intention of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear diary,

New bug, sometimes, when you curve balls manually, it'll fly straight, even though the ball is clearly spinning. Fuck you.

With much anger,
    Belize.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    @Shiift

My colleagues wife had this same issue, while they were sitting under the same lure. He told me yesterday that this is the reason, though his wife's phone hasn't got an option to automatically synchronize time and how it's done is unknown to me.

Maybe this will help:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/c...e_not_working/
    Seems to be for IOS i own an adroid. No such thing here called synchronize time...

It pleases me that I have now found a reliable place to catch squirtles.

Now all I need is a reliable place for charmanders and I've got the starters locked.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    I've seen THREE Charmanders in my area. One is my starter, one I lost due to bad phone connection, and one escaped from my ball and ran.

I just want a Charizard. T_T
    I've prob seen 2x more of the other starters compared to charmander. So keep up the hunting~ One day the game will bless you!

I have this weird mixed feeling of jealousy and feeling sad for someone at the same time.

Jesus how did u manage. Haven't even seen all pokemon yet on the glitched tracker and I traveled 500km since it came out.

- - - Updated - - -

How do I check that
    I spoof in central park when I'm home, which spawns seriously every pokemon but the hitmons, chansey, and porygon. I got super lucky with eggs and got chansey and porygon but just can't seem to find hitmonchan. I saw a Lee in town about a week ago just randomly at subway, so i have no idea where to even go for a chan in my town if gyms won't spawn it.

I find central park spawns to be complete bullcrap but I wanted to take advantage of it while I could since the hype will die out eventually.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Thus why I have been using Pokevision.com last couple of days, and prolly will keep using until they get the damn tracking system back up.
    Just woke up and had a electabuzz in my kitchen <3
    I really wish they would get it working because I loved it that first bit when it worked, but now, I feel kinda forced to use pokevision since a major part of their game isn't functioning.

7+ Year Old Account
    Servers seem to be acting better the last couple of days so I'm going to get back at it.

Did catch another small Scyther, which a promptly fed to my larger scyther.
    Last edited by unfilteredJW; 2016-07-23 at 03:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Man, sucks living in a small town right now =(
    On the bright side, I got a pokemon spawn in my kitchen that keeps spawning a random pokemon time to time (vulpix, graveler and shit like that)
    Can I move into your kitchen? I want a Vulpix. Seen one spawn over the last week and couldn't find it because of the borked tracking system.

Makes it easier, no doubt, also removes some of the fun of actually finding something though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I feel a bit punished for leveling up tbh. The pidgeys, wheedles and ratatas are now frequently in the 300s.. I just want to catch them to evolve them, not waste great balls and berries on them! things definitely went faster at lower levels.
    This. So. MUCH.

I hate pidgeys/rattata's even more now.

High CP encounters of these are no fun anymore, i've had one pidgey break out of *6* consecutive great balls, f that.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Dear diary,

New bug, sometimes, when you curve balls manually, it'll fly straight, even though the ball is clearly spinning. Fuck you.

With much anger,
    Belize.
    Definitely not a new bug, has been doing that since release. The exact opposite also happens, you get a curveball when throwing straight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanya View Post
    Can I move into your kitchen? I want a Vulpix. Seen one spawn over the last week and couldn't find it because of the borked tracking system.

Makes it easier, no doubt, also removes some of the fun of actually finding something though.

This. So. MUCH.

I hate pidgeys/rattata's even more now.

High CP encounters of these are no fun anymore, i've had one pidgey break out of *6* consecutive great balls, f that.
    Trying to find rare pokemon that spawn once every 3 days for 10 mins with a tracking system that doesnt work, is no fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy Hopps View Post
    Definitely not a new bug, has been doing that since release. The exact opposite also happens, you get a curveball when throwing straight.
    I only ever find the ball curves away when the pokemon is high CP, the ball gets an aura around it and veers to the side sometimes. Unless you mean the curveball bonus, which yeah, is a little weird, but hey, free exp

7+ Year Old Account
    Someone in our art district is matching me on lures on our pokestop and I wanna know who it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

7+ Year Old Account
    used poke-vision... just got back from my walk... decided to look around... 2 dratini's and a lapras downtown... too far away to walk to them before they despawn... sigh...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    How can it be legit? Breaks the whole intention of the game.
    You mean the original intention of actually being able to track down the pokemon which they took away to reduce stress on the servers but increase stress on us?

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Dear diary,

With much anger,
    Belize.
    The whole curveball thing needs to either be trashed or fixed, it's just plain ridiculous. I have no issues dropping $5 here and there for some extra pokeballs, but when 20-30 of them are being wasted because the ball decides to curve when it shouldn't be, it's just rage inducing.

Like, come on.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    used poke-vision... just got back from my walk... decided to look around... 2 dratini's and a lapras downtown... too far away to walk to them before they despawn... sigh...
    There's a weedle around the corner, and a rattata a block or two away for me.

And that's it.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-07-23 at 06:55 PM.