Page 65 of 104 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    they definitively want you to think that is works that way ^___^

turkey is a very extreme example at the moment.
    who is "they" the media and the government are not a single entity in germany. if the media wants information about a certain topic they deem important for the public and the government officials don't hand them over the people WILL know.

- - - Updated - - -
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It was just a question with no ulterior motives.
    then:
    we don't know at the moment.
    Considering hes of Iranian ancestry: probably.
    Although it depends: if his family (grandparents) fled during the islamic revolution they might be very, very secular as they probably feared/faced persecution from the iranian-religious-police.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rash Kah View Post
    who is "they" the media and the government are not a single entity in germany. if the media wants information about a certain topic they deem important for the public and the government officials don't hand them over the people WILL know.
    then tell me why don't you hear any concrete numbers of refugee migrants coming to europe/germany ever since 2016 anymore?

then tell me why don't you hear any concrete numbers of refugee migrants coming to europe/germany ever since 2016 anymore?
    Uh, because it's still 2016, and "concrete numbers" for a year are usually done....at the end of the year?

Deleted
    the informations are there:
    https://www.tagesschau.de/inland/flu...ahlen-123.html

it's not my business if you don't know about them or people seem to care less about them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Uh, because it's still 2016, and "concrete numbers" for a year are usually done....at the end of the year?
    read my post again.

I didn't say "numbers for all of 2016"

And what I'm saying is that reports from governments usually come out yearly, especially for national-level topics like immigration.

Deleted
    read my post again.

Then read my post the numbers are there and they're getting published. no government conspiracy to hide the refugees in 2016, sorry.

Deleted
    Then read my post the numbers are there and they're getting published. no government conspiracy to hide the refugees in 2016, sorry.
    http://www.focus.de/politik/videos/1...d_5649989.html

who is right now?

see how this works. It works both ways mate.

Chinaman must have confused the freedom of press in Germany with the one in his home country.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GiefEpixe View Post
    Chinaman must have confused the freedom of press in Germany with the one in his home country.
    I live in germany since 2003 -.-

Deleted
    http://www.focus.de/politik/videos/1...d_5649989.html

who is right now?

see how this works. It works both ways mate.
    Interestingly the numbers still seem to be there otherwise focus couldn't report on the discrepancy, could they?

Deleted
    Interestingly the numbers still seem to be there otherwise focus couldn't report on the discrepancy, could they?
    you have a good argumentative point, but you are dodging

I think we can agree to disagree. If you believe the government and media is telling you every single thing and not supressing anything in the slightest then .. well good for you. I wish I had taken the blue pill aswell

read my post again.

It has gotten quite quiet in the media concerning the numbers of refugees. I guess that is because there are many new and more thrilling news than just new numbers. You can view monthly statistics here: http://www.bamf.de/SharedDocs/Anlage...tml?nn=7952222

Edit: If you are generally interested in migration the "Das Bundesamt in Zahlen" of the BAMF is also really recommendable.
    Last edited by Renyo; 2016-07-23 at 01:23 AM.

Woudn't surprise me if the guy was born in Germany, but snapped in recent years due to the refugee crisis (assuming that's really him in the video).

May sound weird, but a lot of Germans with foreign roots are also against accepting more refugees - mainly because they fear more discrimination. And lets be honest, people judge others by their looks more than anything. Even here in the thread people tried desperately to make anything out of the short video, trying to identify the shooters skin color to make a connection to refugees.

Now imagine you are born here in Germany, you speak the language, you might not even have any direct connection to your foreign ancestry - yet you are the victim of racism, treated like a foreigner despite living here for ages. Now 2 million refugees enter the country, most looking similar to you, some doing horrible things. The media is full of fear mongering articles, forums (like this one) filled with prejudice and hate. And you feel the consequences, despite having nothing to do with it.

I really don't think being a second or third gen migrant is easier than being first gen. The first gen knows where they are coming from, where their roots are. Any gen after is bound to feel foreign in their own country, especially when the media is filled withthe ugly pictures of the refugee crisis.

And now before someone dares to accuse me of defending a shooter, I don't. But I do try to understand why people act how they act, and what we can do about it. Because you certainly can't deport German citizens, even if you would want to.
    Last edited by Malacras; 2016-07-23 at 01:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like he was a German citizen. So much for all the projections by people hoping it was a migrant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Renyo View Post
    It has gotten quite quiet in the media concerning the numbers of refugees. I guess that is because there are many new and more thrilling news than just new numbers. You can view monthly statistics here: http://www.bamf.de/SharedDocs/Anlage...tml?nn=7952222
    the terrorists attacks are definitively a factor that play a role, because if they continue to release information on detailed refugee numbers it would lead to a very toxic mood in the country.
    People connect the dots and see a relation between those two events.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Looks like he was a German citizen. So much for all the projections by people hoping it was a migrant.
    honestly your comment is only intended to make white people look bad. You try to use the most basic term to describe the iranian, reducing him to a german citizen and thus making people believe he is a white german.

disgusting mate. say it like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by sztyrymytyry View Post
    After all that happened in France , it was only a matter of time when this shit hits Germany. I fear what happens in the future.

And they took more than 1m immigrants last year alone.
    All of the Paris attackers were EU citizens who crossed borders like any other EU citizen.

In fact they used their EU citizenship explicitly to avoid detection despite many of them being on terrorism watch lists.

So really, you should be more worried about EU citizens than immigrants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

you have a good argumentative point, but you are dodging

I think we can agree to disagree. If you believe the government and media is telling you every single thing and not supressing anything in the slightest then .. well good for you. I wish I had taken the blue pill aswell
    This is true. The Media and Police were suppressing reports about Cologne. It was broken on social media

10+ Year Old Account
    the terrorists attacks are definitively a factor that play a role, because if they continue to release information on detailed refugee numbers it would lead to a very toxic mood in the country.
    People connect the dots and see a relation between those two events.

- - - Updated - - -

honestly your comment is only intended to make white people look bad. You try to use the most basic term to describe the iranian, reducing him to a german citizen and thus making people believe he is a white german.

disgusting mate. say it like it is.
    He was born in Germany meaning he is a German. Please don't be racist about this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    All of the Paris attackers were EU citizens who crossed borders like any other EU citizen.

In fact they used their EU citizenship explicitly to avoid detection despite many of them being on terrorism watch lists.

So really, you should be more worried about EU citizens than immigrants.
    People who say things like this must have IQs of 90...

Second generation immigrants committing terror is actually more relevant to the immigration debate because they should have been more assimilated

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    He was born in Germany meaning he is a German. Please don't be racist about this issue.
    Nope.

If I was born in a garage that doesnt make me a car.