Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I think the reason why she didn't go with a more liberal pick is because of the way that the hard core liberals have been reacting.
    I'm guessing she saw that when Trump picked Pence it potentially poisoned the water for hard core liberals -- and she knows she's not getting the real Bernie or bust people either way, so she picked someone who had broader appeal, would be difficult to attack, and didn't leave any holes in a senate that is within reach of regaining control.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    She can't pick someone with too much of a spine like Warren or Sanders or for fucks sake even Cory Booker.
    Cory Booker isn't very articulate and she wanted to appeal to moderates. Warren and Sanders don't come from swing states either.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    She can't pick someone with too much of a spine like Warren or Sanders or for fucks sake even Cory Booker.
    Warren is going to attack Trump anyways knowing her and will probably be the main attacker against the Republicans. As much as I love her she would be worthless as a VP and shes in the place she needs to be right now. Booker though is a different story and honestly they start to need to groom him for the futre but I guess that will be later

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh dear, a pro-TPP Democrat, I'll bet Labour Unions regrets endorsing her now. I guess her opposition to TPP is also soon out the window.

A bought and paid for man from the Banks, I can see why she likes him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Arril View Post
    You are correct in the meta but badly mistaken about the details. Obama has not stripped ICE of any powers. Nor have judges personally appointed by him stripped ICE of enforcement powers. This is all about Congress, and budget - as I stated.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/dhs-free...rants-in-2015/
    ------
    "Jacques' release and that of more than 19,700 convicted criminal immigrants during the 2015 budget year reveal yet another complication in the country's complicated immigration system. ICE has released tens of thousands of convicted criminals. Combined, those people have been convicted of hundreds of thousands of crimes, including murder and sexual assault.

Jacques' case and those of others like him show how difficult it would be to carry out proposals by some politicians, including presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, that immigration officials simply find and deport the estimated 11 million immigrants living in the country illegally.

ICE Director Sarah Saldana told Congress recently that agents routinely have little choice but to release immigrants.

Saldana said the agency is bound by a complex set of immigration laws and rules that govern which immigrants have to be detained and which ones can be set free while they wait for an immigration judge to rule on their case. Add to the mix a yearslong immigration court backlog of nearly half a million cases and some criminal immigrants could be free in the United States for years before being ordered out of the country."
    ----------

Why do you suppose there is a "yearslong" immigration court backlog? Perhaps because the Republicans in Congress have done everything in their power to thwart Obama and make him look bad? And to cut government budgets whenever possible? Who has been pushing for immigration reform? Certainly not the Republicans.

You'll need more than statements from a random internet person to make me believe in your "facts". I posted my source. Let's see yours.
    You posted exactly what I was talking about so we'll use that.

First none of that was about the budget, it just occurred during the "budget year" period which is when things like this always come out.

What all that is describing is the fact that our laws limit the period in which we can detain an illegal immigrant.

Laws which enable for judicial discretion and its that judicial discretion combined with orders from the Obama Administration and policies via the DOJ DHS & DOS that then filters down to judges appointed by Obama which is the root of the entire problem.

Ok that's the chain, so lets talk about what happens.

These illegals get picked up, they are found to be convicted felons either in our legal system or the legal system of their place of origin.

So we hold them, which as just said comes with a legal period.

What happens during that period?

Hilariously our government bodies actually have to negotiate with other nations in order to return their own damn citizens because under US law the country has to accept the deportation or we cant do it. (why this is I have no fucking clue, pretty stupid right?)

Surprise surprise, these nations don't want their convicted felons back.

So the clock runs out and because of the court structure this falls to lowers rulings and in areas where sanctuary is the particular flavor of law you find these convicted murderers, rapists, child molesters, gang bangers, drug dealers are getting released.

Now even in this long post I haven't done the issue justice, because its way more damned complex than I or that article makes it sound.

Illegal immigration is a problem festering so deeply at nearly every level of government you cant just point to any one thing and lay the blame.

But why does Obama deserve his share?

Because hes in charge, the buck stops there, and after eight years all his administration has done is make the problem worse.

What can Trump do?

He can do what any good manager would do.

Make the process efficient and stop being bullied by nations who want to dump their human garbage on our doorstep.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

7+ Year Old Account
    Vp Debate is going to be very boring...

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    A dull by the numbers pick by a dull by the numbers Presidential candidate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Strategically brilliant choice.

Popular spanish speaking governor of a battleground southern state. Conservative, catholic, anti-abortion.

Hillary will become President if she wins the Democratic Blue Wall (the 18 states + DC Democrats have one in the last 6 consective presidential elections) :

http://www.270towin.com/maps/y11e8
    (242 votes)
    + the follow state combinations.

+ Virginia (13) and Ohio (18) = 273
    + Florida (29) = 276
    + New Mexico (5), New Hampshire (4), Nevada (6), Colorado (9) and Iowa (6) = 272
    + Virginia (13), Colorado (9) and Nevada (6) = 270
    + Virginia (13), Colorado (9) and Iowa (6) = 270

There are many, many combinations. Far more than Trump. It really is as simple as that.

Kaine helps. Picking a liberal (Warren) would have done nothing to gain Hillary substantial numbers of voters in these moderate swing states. It really doesn't matter how enthusezed Bernie Bros in California would have been. Hillary is going to win California by a landslide already. They can stay home. But she needs as many voters as she can get in:

Virginia
    Ohio
    Florida
    Nevada
    Colorado
    New Mexico
    Iowa
    New Hampshire

These are not liberal places. THey have liberal pockets, but they are states that dance the red-blue line. Hillary is MUCH smarter to be going after the far more numerous disaffected Republicans like myself, who will NEVER vote for Trump, than to try and pick someone so liberal as to alienate them.

Seriously... just think about it. Who should Hillary go after in order to win? The largest voter pool there is. And what is more numerous in say, Florida, moderate conservatives or hard left liberals?

Kaine was safe, and he made a ton of sense.

For the record Obama won all the states named above in 2012.

Can't believe she picked a white privileged male, I am so triggered.

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    Well this locks up Virginia (a state she would probably win anyways) and has a perk to helping win Florida but a very safe but boring pick. Assuming she has 217 electorial votes right now (based on many factors like polling, demographics, traditional states, ect), adding Virigina and Florida bring her up to 259 which basically forces Trump to win every single remaining battleground state which is quite the task. The left though is not going to like this so it is a risk but honestly where she needs to win doesn't have much of a "liberal" presence anyways (ie Ohio/Penn). Personally not the pick I would make but I perfectly understand the reasoning in this pick
    Somneone gets it. THe built in advantage is 242 though. If she wins Florida and loses virgina and ohio, she still becomes President. If she wins Virginia and and Ohio and loses Florida, she becomes President.

Tim Kaine was the pick for people who count electoral votes and think about what states she helps her with. That hasn't been the Sanderistas all year.

Can't be any worse than Gore or Biden or can he...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    I think people just want to watch a shit show

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Strategically brilliant choice....

Pretty much this.

Personally planning to vote for Gary Johnson, but I guarantee you I would have voted for Trump if Bernie or Elizabeth Warren were nominated for VP. Hillary is tolerable alone; placing one of those, or someone like them a heartbeat away from the presidency would have been too much.

Hillary is so crooked she needs a Kaine.

Fuck this is just too easy. Thanks, Hillary.

- - - Updated - - -

Somneone gets it. THe built in advantage is 242 though. If she wins Florida and loses virgina and ohio, she still becomes President. If she wins Virginia and and Ohio and loses Florida, she becomes President.

Tim Kaine was the pick for people who count electoral votes and think about what states she helps her with. That hasn't been the Sanderistas all year.
    Trump is going to take Florida. Pretty handily.

I don't know why people thought she'd pick Warren.

my thoughts are "meh...". Need to find out who this guy is.

Was hoping for Liz Warren... or even a Bernie Ticket.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Can't believe she picked a white privileged male, I am so triggered.
    Racist Sarcasm from an admitted White Supremacist supporter... how not surprising.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    He's for the TPP and waited until 2013 to be for gay rights. Thats all I need to know to not support him.
    Yeah, well the guys on the other end of the aisle aren't known for their support of gay rights.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    I think people just want to watch a shit show
    Entertaining lies are more popular than boring truths at the moment.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    I don't know why people thought she'd pick Warren.
    Because then Hilary could play the woman card x2.

Strategically brilliant choice.

Popular spanish speaking governor of a battleground southern state. Conservative, catholic, anti-abortion.

Hillary will become President if she wins the Democratic Blue Wall (the 18 states + DC Democrats have one in the last 6 consective presidential elections) :

http://www.270towin.com/maps/y11e8
    (242 votes)
    + the follow state combinations.

+ Virginia (13) and Ohio (18) = 273
    + Florida (29) = 276
    + New Mexico (5), New Hampshire (4), Nevada (6), Colorado (9) and Iowa (6) = 272
    + Virginia (13), Colorado (9) and Nevada (6) = 270
    + Virginia (13), Colorado (9) and Iowa (6) = 270

There are many, many combinations. Far more than Trump. It really is as simple as that.

Kaine helps. Picking a liberal (Warren) would have done nothing to gain Hillary substantial numbers of voters in these moderate swing states. It really doesn't matter how enthusezed Bernie Bros in California would have been. Hillary is going to win California by a landslide already. They can stay home. But she needs as many voters as she can get in:

Virginia
    Ohio
    Florida
    Nevada
    Colorado
    New Mexico
    Iowa
    New Hampshire

These are not liberal places. THey have liberal pockets, but they are states that dance the red-blue line. Hillary is MUCH smarter to be going after the far more numerous disaffected Republicans like myself, who will NEVER vote for Trump, than to try and pick someone so liberal as to alienate them.

Seriously... just think about it. Who should Hillary go after in order to win? The largest voter pool there is. And what is more numerous in say, Florida, moderate conservatives or hard left liberals?

For the record Obama won all the states named above in 2012.
    Thanks... first bit of solid analyzing I've seen so far.