Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    The matter of the thing is that USA nor UK should be in Syria though.
    Since the world and the oxygen in the air belongs to USA, USA can do whatever they want. Its when Russia interferes (they do since they exist), that its a problem, apparently.

Deleted
    TIN FOIL HATS ON EVERYONE, the big bad russians are at it again!

No seriously though, I don't find this likely at all.. on some level I almost hope it is though, it'd mean both russia and the us are sensible enough when push comes to shove.

Maybe it was an accident?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    But the problem is, the US has two goals, one, get rid of Assad, two, get rid of ISIS/avoid a Libya.
    Those goals are not mutually compatible.
    Absent a US ground force, those things are not mutually compatible.
    Getting rid of Assad will collapse Syria, and be a cluster fuck of untold proportions.

To avoid accidents - This incident, seems like a very orchestrated 'accident' -

Sure - Russia should be nice and but out, but they wont, and that's life.

Which would be monumentally stupid.

What would Clinton's policy be? how would it be implemented? What would the outcomes be?
    What would the price tag be?

Because to be clear, the only policy proposal I have heard from Clinton is, enforcing a No fly over parts of Syria.
    Which would be awesome, because it would in no way be a violation of Syrian Sovereignty, it would risk war no way when the Syrians shoot down some of those Aircraft illegally patrolling its airspace, and it would be awesome to see Russia not give a fuck about the No fly and then that would be awesome.
    And for what? - Well if done without opposition (or rather elimination of the Syrian opposition) absent ground forces it would only be a new Libya.
    Because Libya was such a resounding success.
    They are not fully exclusive ideas, unlike dealing with Russia and removing Assad are, just difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    nah can't be right. That would be a catastrophe.
    Nah our president will draw some more meaningless red lines.

Deleted
    Russian warplanes reportedly bombed a secret military base in Syria used by elite American and British forces last month.
    If it was a secret base they bombed you can hardly call foul. That's the risk you run when you keep such info from your allies/partners and/or do the plausible deniability thing.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-07-22 at 11:44 PM.

The only shame is that the base wasn't equipped to shoot down the plane

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    They are not fully exclusive ideas
    No they are exclusive ideas.
    Getting rid of Assad will collapse what remains of the Syrian state -

10+ Year Old Account
    No they are exclusive ideas.
    Getting rid of Assad will collapse what remains of the Syrian state -
    Not a loss. Collapse isnt the issue, rebuilding is.

Deleted
    Not a loss. Collapse isnt the issue, rebuilding is.
    Yes, Libya was such a success.

If the Americans and British didn't have the Syrian government's permission to have a base within their country then I don't see what the big deal is.

Did they have permission?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Libya was such a success.
    Your comprehension is lacking....

Deleted
    Your comprehension is lacking....
    What differs in policy or execution here?
    What makes you think it wont be like Libya?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    TIN FOIL HATS ON EVERYONE, the big bad russians are at it again!

No seriously though, I don't find this likely at all.. on some level I almost hope it is though, it'd mean both russia and the us are sensible enough when push comes to shove.
    No they aren't. They screwed around with Turkey, not people any one sane would screw around with. They keep buzzing everyone with their warplanes, that is certain to keep causing international incidents.

There's this myth of Putin as this shrewd, calculating guy but it isn't really borne out by the evidence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    No they aren't. They screwed around with Turkey, not people any one sane would screw around with. They keep buzzing everyone with their warplanes, that is certain to keep causing international incidents.

There's this myth of Putin as this shrewd, calculating guy but it isn't really borne out by the evidence.
    you know that you are the warmonger invading syria right ?

Deleted
    Did they eat the bombs or Fox sci-fi story again?
    Source criticism from Ulmita. What have happen to the world.... now do they same at all your posts that you link to RT and Sputnik

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    Source criticism from Ulmita. What have happen to the world.... now do they same at all your posts that you link to RT and Sputnik
    Count out Reuters. It's not a real news source according to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    As for my face @Ulmita, it's blank, because I read about this yesterday, and I wasn't remotely surprised that the Obama Administration turned the other cheek. This isn't really about Russia, or Syria, or ISIS. It's about the bizarre parallel universe about seven people in the West Wing exist in. It was blank because it's been 4 years of nonsense like this. I can't be surprised at this point, about that set of no talent failures.

But soon, it's over, and the bi-partisan consensus foreign policy restoration will be in full effect.
    Do you know what makes this whole thing sweeter? The cherry on the pie?

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article...e-iran-russia/
    http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News...ting-ISIS.html
    http://dailytimes.com.pk/world/04-Ju...sia-against-is

This is first class drama right there.

I guess the rumor US and ISIS sleep together is true.

USA had sent F-18 to intercept those Russian bombers but once they left to refuel, Russian's returned and bombed again the fuck out of that base. These news are not from fox. We also knew that USA was "training" (terrorists) allies there so we knew it was CIA sponsored.

What we didn't know is that was remarked official as a USA / UK base.

There are other sources on these news like: http://www.wsj.com/articles/russian-...u-s-1469137231

The best part is that after bombing into the oblivion the base, USA agreed on cooperating with the Russians on Syria hahaha.

(I'd love to see Skroe's face right about now <3)
    Well, that is what happens when your "leader" is nicknamed: "paper tiger."

Don't worry, all of his followers will rush out to try and deny this and say "it just couldn't happen." He has them so brain washed that they will deny it happened despite several reputable sources including the wall street journal, one of the most respected news sources (even internationally).