Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    And cop is gonna keep his job with no disciplinary action.
    This one I'm going to blame on this senseless hate lots upon lots of people have about pit bulls and not "police aggression" which is what people are going to be turning this into. People have poisoned other people's dogs for having a pit bull and hell a lot of neighborhoods don't allow the breed which is silly because any dog can be violent if you raise it to be violent and any dog can be good if you raise it to be good.

Also, you can't even have legal action in some states for killing a dog. The family might be able to sue since it's property.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    I do not think most sane people think shooting a dog in its own yard when you have no valid reason to be there pretty shitty, as is shooting an unarmed man with his hands in the air.

- - - Updated - - -

Dont enter property that has a dog on it unless you have a real valid reason to for starters. Accept that you are the intruder and being bit comes with the territory.
    Article claims he had a valid reason.

They were only told the officer was looking for someone who had listed that address as his ten years ago.
    How about doing some fucking fact checking, holy shit.

With the amount of information the government makes us surrender on a regular basis, plus the amount they just collect all on their own, you would figure something that's 10 years old would have been a red fucking flag.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Murican cops are just shooting stuff for shit and giggles at this point.

I do not think most sane people think shooting a dog in its own yard when you have no valid reason to be there pretty shitty, as is shooting an unarmed man with his hands in the air.
    Like I said, Sane people. Helps to read more into most of these stories also. You can type, so I know you know how to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    They always do. Just like the discussion we just had about the cop shooting the guy with his hands up on the ground. You know you dont have to defend the bad cops right?
    You don't always have to defend stupid people and be amongst their ranks and yet here we are. You jump right to "COP! KEEL HEEEEEEM!" I blamed the man by the way in the very post you quoted. Had NOTHING to do with being a cop, but people want to turn it into that. It's about people with senseless hate for pits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    How about doing some fucking fact checking, holy shit.

With the amount of information the government makes us surrender on a regular basis, plus the amount they just collect all on their own, you would figure something that's 10 years old would have been a red fucking flag.
    The article pretty much said all of the addresses had similar stories so he was going there to see if by some miracle there was some evidence of where the person the warrant was for went essentially.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    This one I'm going to blame on this senseless hate lots upon lots of people have about pit bulls and not "police aggression" which is what people are going to be turning this into. People have poisoned other people's dogs for having a pit bull and hell a lot of neighborhoods don't allow the breed which is silly because any dog can be violent if you raise it to be violent and any dog can be good if you raise it to be good.

Also, you can't even have legal action in some states for killing a dog. The family might be able to sue since it's property.

- - - Updated - - -

Article claims he had a valid reason.
    "Serving a warrant" that is 10 years old on a house known to be a rental, and known not to be occupied by the wanted person is far from valid. More of a "Im to lazy to use LexisNexis and I might just find something I can bust the current occupants for" reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    Like I said, Sane people. Helps to read more into most of these stories also. You can type, so I know you know how to read.
    Hence why I said sane people would agree the actions are shitty.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by volkanik View Post
    Pit-bull mix. Not much loss. Those dogs should be banned. In before someone links a picture of an "adorable" pit-bull. It won't be so adorable when it turns on you, which is common place for this vicious dog breed.
    Dogs turn on their owners if they're abused or mistreated. If it's a tiny dog the dog nips and yaps but of course you won't hear about them mauling their owners. Pittbulls have strong jaws. That's the ONLY reason you hear about them in the news the most, because they are able to cause life-threatening wounds. You get a big, strong dog and abuse it, it will kill you. You get a shi'tzu and abuse it, it will bite your hand and you'll go "ow" and forget about it.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Dont enter property that has a dog on it unless you have a real valid reason to for starters. Accept that you are the intruder and being bit comes with the territory.
    I agree to an extent, though by law if there is a warrant and that property was a place of residence to be searched he had valid reason to be there. I don't think he went there just to shoot a dog. Sorry but the mentality that police are intruder is just silly. Police can't even approach people these days without being scrutinized, hell there could have been anything going on at the house, going up to the front door and seeing if anyone is home shouldn't label you as an intruder.

Again, I don't think we know the full story... the media sucks at reporting and they are great and making stories target the wrong person just to get attention.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Dogs turn on their owners if they're abused or mistreated. If it's a tiny dog the dog nips and yaps but of course you won't hear about them mauling their owners. Pittbulls have strong jaws. That's the ONLY reason you hear about them in the news the most, because they are able to cause life-threatening wounds. You get a big, strong dog and abuse it, it will kill you. You get a shi'tzu and abuse it, it will bite your hand and you'll go "ow" and forget about it.

Thats not always true, dogs can be triggered by certain sounds or motions, anything under the sun really. I've seen various breeds turn on their owners for different reasons. But to say pit-bulls specifically do this I think is wrong, even though they have a bad reputation. But all dogs can become aggressive regardless if trained or not.
    Last edited by xhisors; 2016-07-23 at 12:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing it didn't happen to my dog cause I probably would have shot that cop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xhisors View Post
    I agree to an extent, though by law if there is a warrant and that property was a place of residence to be searched he had valid reason to be there. I don't think he went there just to shoot a dog. Sorry but the mentality that police are intruder is just silly. Police can't even approach people these days without being scrutinized, hell there could have been anything going on at the house, going up to the front door and seeing if anyone is home shouldn't label you as an intruder.

Again, I don't think we know the full story... the media sucks at reporting and they are great and making stories target the wrong person just to get attention.
    Going there was just a way of conducting a search w/o probable cause of the current tenants, there is no way a reasonable person would expect the current tenants to know anything that couldn't have been retrieved via a phone call or letter. Considering the police as anything but intruders is the silly thing. When they come to your door uninvited, nothing good comes of it for you, but a lot of bad things can, like a dead pet.

Going there was just a way of conducting a search w/o probable cause of the current tenants, there is no way a reasonable person would expect the current tenants to know anything that couldn't have been retrieved via a phone call or letter. Considering the police as anything but intruders is the silly thing. When they come to your door uninvited, nothing good comes of it for you, but a lot of bad things can, like a dead pet.
    He had a warrant, any officer showing up to see whats going on is normal. All he had to do was clearly see they were not what he was looking for and move on. Obviously that didn't happen and thats why the very few issues(less than 1% of all police iteractions) such as these get so much attention and give a bad label to law enforcement.

For the bolded: Do you consider anyone who comes to your door an intruder then? Do you need to be invited to knock on your door to not be intruder? Police are doing their job and the 1% of police incidents that the media blows out of proportion need to stop. I have never had a bad encounter with an officer. Ever. Makes me wonder where you get this idea that police are intruding by knocking on your door and what bad can come of it, unless you did something wrong and have something to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    A family friend had a chow that was overly friendly like that. One time she got loose, knocked a passing kid to the ground to lick his face, so the kids mother called the cops. Luckily they just had to send the dog to training, with a warning that if the dog "attacked" anyone else it'd be destroyed...
    I despise chows more than any other dog breed. I have my own reasons besides this one and no one can change my mind. When my son was around 7 he was attacked by the neighbors "friendly, loving" chow for no reason what so ever. Had an eyewitness that luckily kicked the crap out of the dog to rescue my son. The dog literally just jumped up and bit him in the face, knocked him down, grabbed his hair and started shaking him, then tried to drag him into the bushes. That's when the witness, who happened to be the owner beat the crap out of the dog. When I came back from the hospital with my son, who has a permanent 2 inch scar under his eye...missed his eye by quarter of an inch, the neighbors demanded to pay the hospital bill. Of course. I demanded to see proof of rabies vaccination. Oh, and the hospital reported the bite to dog control...before I could. Next day I went to get rabies proof, they had none and said they had taken the dog to the woods and shot him....I flipped out. Couple hours later another neighbor admitted they were hiding the dog and felt guilty and took it to dog control. When I went down to id the dog he tried to attack me through the cage door...even though I thought we had been good friends. People there said they had been having a lot of problems with him....and after 10 days they put him down....good. Any dog, any.....can turn on you in a heartbeat. I've known several wonderful pitbulls....do I trust them? Hell no.

10+ Year Old Account
    He had a warrant, any officer showing up to see whats going on is normal. All he had to do was clearly see they were not what he was looking for and move on. Obviously that didn't happen and thats why the very few issues(less than 1% of all police iteractions) such as these get so much attention and give a bad label to law enforcement.

For the bolded: Do you consider anyone who comes to your door an intruder then? Do you need to be invited to knock on your door to not be intruder? Police are doing their job and the 1% of police incidents that the media blows out of proportion need to stop. I have never had a bad encounter with an officer. Ever. Makes me wonder where you get this idea that police are intruding by knocking on your door and what bad can come of it, unless you did something wrong and have something to hide.
    All he had to do was check LexisNexis, but I understand that was likely too hard for him. He had a warrant for a person known to no longer live there that was 10 years old. He had no valid reason to expect any information to come from it, thus he either is very very lazy and only wanted to look like he was doing his job or he likes to intrude on people. 1% is far too many, .001% is far too many.

I have a No Trespassing sign and a No Soliciting sign, I absolutely consider anyone showing up uninvited as an intruder. I have never had a "good" encounter with the police, neutral or bad only, including when I have been the caller. At best the police coming to your door uninvited is a waste of time, at worst it can lead to you being killed for no reason.

All he had to do was check LexisNexis, but I understand that was likely too hard for him. He had a warrant for a person known to no longer live there that was 10 years old. He had no valid reason to expect any information to come from it, thus he either is very very lazy and only wanted to look like he was doing his job or he likes to intrude on people. 1% is far too many, .001% is far too many.

I have a No Trespassing sign and a No Soliciting sign, I absolutely consider anyone showing up uninvited as an intruder. I have never had a "good" encounter with the police, neutral or bad only, including when I have been the caller. At best the police coming to your door uninvited is a waste of time, at worst it can lead to you being killed for no reason.
    He could have been an officer on patrol and was asked by his superior to go there, again we don't know the full story yet and its hard to trust just one news article.

Unfortunately you want a perfect world where mistakes can never happen. Have you never made a mistake? Have you never gone up to someones house before and knocked on their door? Its such a sad world that we live in where so many people have this mind set that police are intruders when nocking on the front door. You have a better chance of being hit by lightning three times in a row on the same day every year for three years, than you do being "killed by a police officer for no reason".
    Last edited by xhisors; 2016-07-23 at 01:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately you want a perfect world where mistakes can never happen. Have you never made a mistake? Have you never gone up to someones house before and knocked on their door? Its such a sad world that we live in where so many people have this mind set that police are intruders when nocking on the front door. You have a better chance of being hit by lightning three times in a row on the same day every year for three years, than you do being "killed by a police officer for no reason".
    My mistakes have never killed a person, a pet, or caused anyone to go to jail improperly.
    No, I do not go up to people's door without being invited in one manner or another, I respect people's privacy.
    Yes, coming uninvited to my door armed is very much an intrusion, or it more correctly an irritation as I do not answer the door.
    It my home, the one place I should not have to put up with anything from anyone.
    I presented best case (waste of time) to worst case (being killed), I did not say what the odds were. However, the odds of death are more than 0, so why would anyone welcome an encounter that at best wastes their time given that?

My mistakes have never killed a person, a pet, or caused anyone to go to jail improperly.
    No, I do not go up to people's door without being invited in one manner or another, I respect people's privacy.
    Yes, coming uninvited to my door armed is very much an intrusion, or it more correctly an irritation as I do not answer the door.
    It my home, the one place I should not have to put up with anything from anyone.
    I presented best case (waste of time) to worst case (being killed), I did not say what the odds were. However, the odds of death are more than 0, so why would anyone welcome an encounter that at best wastes their time given that?
    You should take that simulation that tests your judgment in a mock scenario if you should use lethal force or not. It puts a new perspective on things.

If law enforcement is at your door, they have a reason to be there. They are not coming over to have a cup of coffee.. if they don't find what they need they leave. You should also go on a few ride alongs, you can see what really goes on whenever you want and see how things operate.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should take that simulation that tests your judgment in a mock scenario if you should use lethal force or not. It puts a new perspective on things.

If law enforcement is at your door, they have a reason to be there. They are not coming over to have a cup of coffee.. if they don't find what they need they leave. You should also go on a few ride alongs, you can see what really goes on whenever you want and see how things operate.
    I have, no issues. I have also carried a firearm in an official capacity as a military security force member.

Having a reason (fishing exhibition) is not the same as having a valid reason (911 call). It is better to say they leave if they do not find what they want.
    Of course the police will act the exact same with a witness as without one....

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger382 View Post
    I agree with you. Couldn't care less about infraction too.
    Nobody cares about infractions. It's why everyone has multiple accounts. It's a gigantic joke everywhere that I don't think the admins have realized.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    If the dog was attacking the officer, how could the officer go back to his car to get another gun?
    That does raise a interesting concern. Not sure how. But if the dog was outside the fence and still acting aggressive to the officer, any attacking dog is likely to get shot. Like I said before, if the dog was contained behind the fence, there is no excuse for the officer to shoot it.

I only have one question

If the dog had lunged at him..why didnt he draw his sidearm? Why go all the way back to the car to get the rifle?

Dog-fence-cop = cant miss at that range.