Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    In contrast to my predictions about Trump, Hillary will probably maintain the status quo and might even improve things slightly.
    All depends on your believe in what is better. I do not think anything Hillary stands for will make this country a better place than it currently is, and I do not think that the countries is currently on an upward trajectory. Hillary will just continue with the downward path we are on. Maybe then Hillary's slope is -x vs Trumps being -2x? But neither are better than where we are today.

But this is all just political ideology/philosophy. My interpretation of yours is that it is rather different of mine (which is fine) but clearly colors our opinions on what is better/worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Well, we'll get a shitty judge to replace Scalia.

We won't get any progressive ideas (min wage increases, gay rights protections, etc) through without a veto-proof majority

More tax breaks for the rich, and thus more debt while Americans continue to pretend trickle down economics works

Basically, a continuation of bad Republican ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

I love how the religious right turned the phrase "religious freedom" into code for "oppression of people we don't like."

And by "love" I mean "hate."

- - - Updated - - -

That's how I see it. Trump will take us backwards. Hillary will either keep us where we are or possibly even inch us a bit forward. I don't see her actually pushing the progressive platform as she "promised" but I don't see her vetoing such things if they happen across her desk either.

Rather have the status quo than the orange glo.
    Jesus they really talk a lot of bullshit on the progressive side about Trump, the brainwashing is real. The only thing that will damage America after Trump wins is if the left continues staging violent protests and disruptions across America, unfortunately that is not up to Trump. Don't blame the media spreading so many lies and misinformation about Trump however, he wants to tighten the libel laws against the media to stop them being dishonest while pushing their narratives on those that listen. That's a cash cow they will never want to give up without a big fight.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Jesus they really talk a lot of bullshit on the progressive side about Trump, the brainwashing is real. The only thing that will damage America after Trump wins is if the left continues staging violent protests and disruptions across America, unfortunately that is not up to Trump. Don't blame the media spreading so many lies and misinformation about Trump however, he wants to tighten the libel laws against the media to stop them being dishonest while pushing their narratives on those that listen. That's a cash cow they will never want to give up without a big fight.
    So, what, he's not going to rubberstamp all the bullshit the GOP shoved in their god-awful platform?
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Not a whole lot. He doesn't have the power to enact most of the shit he's promising, so IF he wins, it will be hilarious to point out all of the broken promises.

The biggest threat is the supreme court justice seat that is up for grabs, and several more potential seats coming up within the next few years. Who is elected president isn't really the issue, it's the supreme court seats who the president gets to appoint. THAT is about ten times more meaningful than whether Hillary or Trump are president.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Nothing? The US system of checks and balances should be able to keep even somebody slightly mad under control.
    cause that system of checks and balances worked sooo well on Obamacare. I work in a massive hospital system with over 6000 employees and I guarantee you wont find a single person who says "Obamacare is great Im so glad we have it now"

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykco View Post
    All the executive orders that Emperor Obama put in place will be revoked.
    lol "all" you are a full blown retard if you think Obama passed a lot of executive orders. He is 50 short of how many GW had and 120 short of what Clinton had hell, Bush Sr. had 80 less than Obama and was only president for 4 years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    Just like most overhyped games, the game is going to be trash compared to the trailer.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Don't blame the media spreading so many lies and misinformation about Trump however, he wants to tighten the libel laws against the media to stop them being dishonest while pushing their narratives on those that listen.
    Given you are a foreigner and don't understand how our Constitution works let me explain to you that Trump's attempts to silence the press will fail just like it usually does. First Libel laws are state laws. He would have zero power to change those.

Secondly the current laws allows him to sue for libel right now. It requires him to prove that a lie was knowingly told about him. He can't because he can't even demonstrate what is said about him is a lie. What he wants is a law to punish people who criticize him.

Thirdly, the First Amendment which states "“Congress shall make no law... abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press.”

While I understand you don't understand our freedoms there is no excuse that Trump doesn't.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

I'm tempted to vote for trump because.

He really can't do much worse than the last few. And I'm interested to see how the cards fall
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Gotta leave NATO and then join Russia in warring on the rest of the world.
    That's a war you 2 will lose if you mean the entire rest of the world all at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Just like most overhyped games, the game is going to be trash compared to the trailer.
    Doesn't matter once everyone buys it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Nothing? The US system of checks and balances should be able to keep even somebody slightly mad under control.
    How did that work out for Bush? How many wars, terrorist groups, and billions of dollars wasted later?

And I'd say Trump is ten times crazier and more insane than Bush ever was.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2016-07-23 at 02:33 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

isnt he a hearthstone streamer? he won quite a lot i think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    isnt he a hearthstone streamer? he won quite a lot i think.
    Trump the hearthstone streamer would be a vastly better president than the Trump currently running. His position as the mayor of value town already grants him more political experience than Donald Trump.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I guess Russia will invade Estonia, then Trump will speak with Putin on the phone and ask how else he can aid Putin's imperial ambitions and how they could double-down on alt-right propaganda, conspiracy theories and lies to pave way for the same type of people to come to power in various European countries, after which he will end by telling him how his day was in trying to build an authoritarian regime in America.

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Nothing will happen, all of his ideas are too stupid to be seriously considered by the congress
    Who cares about congress when all the laws are passed at state level.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Trump is now the official candidate for the republicans and as a european im getting all excited. As Jim Jefferies puts it " let's just do it and see how crazy shit can get!"

So what do you think will happen? War with Mexico? Mass migration? America becoming a third world country with a few rich people?
    Or will America become great again?
    Well. As soon as he fires congress and replaces them with less idiotic PC pandering morons he can then enact changes for the better.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Doesn't matter once everyone buys it.
    A lot of people have gone to pirating before trying out the actual thing. That's how a lot of games flop these days. People pirate to "demo" then if they like it will pay full retail. These are also a lot of the people who write reviews, and if those reviews suck, the game flops. People don't trust IGN and a lot of other major review sites these days. More and more gamers are getting savvy about reviewers who get paid big bucks to give 9/10's.

If you delve even a little bit into Trump's past and don't just buy him based on a few grandiose speeches, you find out that he's another incompetent, corrupt thin skinned megalomaniac that will sell the American worker out for a few bucks.