Outlaw - Between the eyes

Hi so rogues been my main alt for a while now and I've logged on him for the first time since pre patch and i'm a bit confused...

Outlaws basically best AoE spec? And is super RNG based with the whole 6 buff RTB lol.
    Assassination is best ST spec?

For Outlaw why is between the eyes not used? All the ranking rogues are currently ignoring it, i thought it would definitely be worth using during ring + Crit buff (assuming you get this ofc) as you'll have 75%+ crit and the damage within ring would be stupidly broken.
    Even without the ring it would be broken? There is a chance it will not crit of course but isn't it worth risking during ring alone?

Also with the whole roll the bone thing, am i right in thinking you kinda want one damage buff + 1 energy/cp buff?
    I just get rid of buried treasure/grandmelee, i'm aiming for something like Shark infested waters + Broadsides / True bearing / Jolly roger.

Between the Eyes isn't used because even with the 4x multiplier on crits, that makes it just equal to Run Through for a critical strike. If you don't crit it, your finisher ends up doing half as much damage as if you had just used Run Through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken42 View Post
    Between the Eyes isn't used because even with the 4x multiplier on crits, that makes it just equal to Run Through for a critical strike. If you don't crit it, your finisher ends up doing half as much damage as if you had just used Run Through.
    If it crits, BTE does more damage than RT. (75%AP *6)4 vs (120%AP * 6)2, and BTE does 62.5% damage of RT if it doesn't crit.
    (example, if 1000ap- BTE will do 18,000 damage (before modifiers) and RT does 14,400 if it crits) BTE crit will do 20% more damage than a RT crit
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    If it crits, BTE does more damage than RT. (75%AP *6)4 vs (120%AP * 6)2, and BTE does 62.5% damage of RT if it doesn't crit.
    (example, if 1000ap- BTE will do 18,000 damage (before modifiers) and RT does 14,400 if it crits) BTE crit will do 20% more damage than a RT crit
    The class trinket isn't accounted in your math.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=124520/b...sel&bonus=1801

Add in the extra % damage and RT does more damage than BtE at 100. It is worth it to use BtE at 110.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazkek View Post

Add in the extra % damage and RT does more damage than BtE at 100. It is worth it to use BtE at 110.
    Ahhhhh, gotcha.
    Forgot class trinkets are still a thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Just think of it as kidney shot atm.
    Last edited by Ujio; 2016-07-24 at 01:58 PM.
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

Ah yeah, nevermind me, i completely forgot about class trinket! I have normal mode on my rogue but i'm sure with mythic you can tell the difference easily...
    Shame, i kinda liked the idea of BTE being useful in PvE.

Deleted
    BTE is more of a kidney shot with a slightly worse eviscerate backed in. It's great in PvP for various reasons. You might even use it in PvE when something needs stunning.

It's essentially what Kidney Shot was if you picked Internal Bleeding, except it trades range for stun duration.

The range is handy in some places. You can switch to pistol Rogue in a pinch and deal some damage, which might come in handy on some fights (where you don't need it enough to spec for ranged melee).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    Ah yeah, nevermind me, i completely forgot about class trinket! I have normal mode on my rogue but i'm sure with mythic you can tell the difference easily...
    Shame, i kinda liked the idea of BTE being useful in PvE.
    What's funny here dudeface is that as we were discussing this issue online the other day, I actually read the class trink description during our convo and thought "oh, that's nice" but then continued with the BTE weak aura i was making and forgot the whole thing xD

Deleted
    After class trink is replaced, it's prolly worth using it with the 24% dmg upgrade from the artifact + the legendary that affects it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
    After class trink is replaced, it's prolly worth using it with the 24% dmg upgrade from the artifact + the legendary that affects it.
    After class trinket, it's worth using even without the artifact and legendary

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    After class trinket, it's worth using even without the artifact and legendary
    Are you saying all the time? According to my rough math it becomes better generally once you get above 45% crit chance which you obviously get with the crit bonus from rotd but not before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Are you saying all the time? According to my rough math it becomes better generally once you get above 45% crit chance which you obviously get with the crit bonus from rotd but not before.
    Not all the time, only when it crits.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazkek View Post

So this brings a question to my mind. DFA also makes RT hit 50% harder. So does the class trinket buff THAT damage as well? If so, that's kinda cool. If not, then DFA might not be worth using if all your getting is about 50% increased RT damage either way.

Thanks for any and all help.