Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Why hasn't it been invoked then? What's with the clowning around?
    Because France and Germany are about to have major elections. The heads of Government are the most important institution in the European Union, not Junker or any of the so called president offices within the EU. They are powerless, always have been always will be. It is outright stupid to start negotiations when you can't be sure that those who you are talking to now will be the same ones in a years time when the talks heat up. It's best to wait and see on French and German elections and then start since you'll be sure of who the hell you're talking to.

10+ Year Old Account
    She can invoke it the first thing on Monday, and ask the Brexiters for the plan they obviously had, right?
    The Brexiters are not in charge, May is.

Your idea does not become any less moronic when you try to make a joke of it, just so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The Brexiters are not in charge, May is.

Your idea does not become any less moronic when you try to make a joke of it, just so you know.
    Sometimes it's useful to point out bad flaws, so that people can learn from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

That's why I feel bad for Kalis. You'll never acknowledge the flaw he's pointing out to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you learnt from the flaws in your idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    That's why I feel bad for Kalis. You'll never acknowledge the flaw he's pointing out to you.
    What would that flaw be? Having the spine to own up to my vote, and the consequences of it?

It's one lesson the Brexiters have yet to learn, and an important one they should.

What would that flaw be? Having the spine to own up to my vote, and the consequences of it?

It's one lesson the Brexiters have yet to learn, and an important one they should.
    Oh, you sweet summer child.

Oh, you sweet summer child.
    If you count October as summer.

10+ Year Old Account

Except that it is not an important lesson, it is basically fighting retard with more retard.

An alternative response to a moronic action is to propose something that is not equally as moronic.

If you count October as summer.
    Actually, the fact you want to tank the exit by rushing it out points to how little backbone you have. It's beautifully hilarious.

Except that it is not an important lesson, it is basically fighting retard with more retard.

An alternative response to a moronic action is to propose something that is not equally as moronic.
    So since there was no plan or anyone having a single clue how to do it, nullify the vote? There's a proposal. Otherwise get on with it, and see if people learn a lesson of voting without a clue, or having any plans made before the vote.

Actually, the fact you want to tank the exit by rushing it out points to how little backbone you have. It's beautifully hilarious.
    If it tanks, it's exactly on the Brexiters for not having any plans or even a clue on how to actually accomplish it. Why sweep that under a rug instead of pointing it out with what they wanted? Invoke the article.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I don't think it'd ever actually happen, just because I don't believe anyone who enters of a sufficiently large position of power is willing to shake up the status quo so massively. So I imagine it was intended to be like the Scottish and Quebec referendums, where they were probably never planning on leaving, just want to satiate the masses, but this trick backfired this time, so the UK is up shit creek without a paddle. In the end the choice I think will be taken is simply to make excuses and delay until people forget, I don't think anyone cares whether or not it's democratic, rather if it harms their career.

10+ Year Old Account
    So since there was no plan or anyone having a single clue how to do it, nullify the vote? There's a proposal. Otherwise get on with it, and see if people learn a lesson of voting without a clue, or having any plans made before the vote.
    And once again you are proposing a moronic response, so you are not better than those who proposed something moronic, you are the same as them.

Moronic + moronic = more moronic, not less.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally find it absolutely hilarious that Britain threw a shitfit and acted out of pure paranoia, which ended up with them voting to leave the EU solely out of the fear that they'll get even a modicum of the refugees that Germany, France and Sweden have already taken in.
    It's even more hilarious seeing the fact that Britain has already had problems with immigrants since atleast 20 years back if not more. Taking in more at that point would do little to change any balance in the country since the former immigrants of 20 years or so have already established areas where they congregate, which would mean that refugees have a place to feel more at home in and would lessen the cultural impact or clash that might happen.

If anything, Britain has a better base to take care of refugees compared to Germany and Sweden for that matter, but then again they're not exactly known for being helpful regarding the EU.

And once again you are proposing a moronic response, so you are not better than those who proposed something moronic, you are the same as them.

Moronic + moronic = more moronic, not less.
    If nullifying the vote is bad, then get on with the alternative.

10+ Year Old Account
    If nullifying the vote is bad, then get on with the alternative.
    Rushing into it is moronic, I am not sure what part of that you are struggling with so I cannot really help you.

Nah, they need to leave. The world needs to to see where anti-intellectual movements, troll voting and nationalistic douchebaggery leads. The UK leaving begrudgingly would be the perfect way to state that.

Rushing into it is moronic, I am not sure what part of that you are struggling with so I cannot really help you.
    You mean moronic like rushing a vote before anyone has even one plan made up? Again, atleast own up to the result and face the consequences, instead of hiding under a blanket, hoping someone will fix your mess for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Nah, they need to leave. The world needs to to see where anti-intellectual movements, troll voting and nationalistic douchebaggery leads. The UK leaving begrudgingly would be the perfect way to state that.
    That state will likely be one slightly behind where we would have been if we had stayed, so nobody will really notice all that much. Is that really a lesson you want to show?

It's especaily becoming VERY apparent that the regressive extreme right who duped enough people are clearly not delivering on their promises (quite a shocker!)