Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Findle's Loot-a-Rang D: because it makes the game better to wish you were an engineer or huntard (if pets still have fetch, haven't checked yet)
    I made about 30 Loot-a-Rangs right before the patch. I really, really, REALLY should have read the beta notes...

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    That's the one that upset me the most too. Anyone who really hated it could buy a Toy Train Wrecker to counter it so I don't see why it had to be changed.
    And why it is someone else's fault for not buying a toy to counter the one they didn't opt into the effect of.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I push the, used to push the, loot-a-rang key more than many abilities. It's yet another thing that went away on my action bar. Now I have to run around with my cursor in the lower middle of the screen all the time. Bleah.

Clarify something for me. I logged in and saw the toy changes (also bummed about Avianna's Feather and the healing Frond) ... now the Eng Loot-a-rang is a toy that requires Engineering, but there's the other Loot-a-rang that I checked on my non-Eng toons that is also a toy but works for non Engies.

What am I missing? What's the change / loss / nerf? Maybe I didn't try it fully - can they not be used the same way? (I'm not home yet to try it out.)

Thanks in advance.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackrabb1t View Post
    Clarify something for me. I logged in and saw the toy changes (also bummed about Avianna's Feather and the healing Frond) ... now the Eng Loot-a-rang is a toy that requires Engineering, but there's the other Loot-a-rang that I checked on my non-Eng toons that is also a toy but works for non Engies.

What am I missing? What's the change / loss / nerf? Maybe I didn't try it fully - can they not be used the same way? (I'm not home yet to try it out.)

Thanks in advance.
    The engineering-only toy works throughout the world. The crafted "Findle's" toy now works only in Draenor.

I really hope they revert that. It's a really pointless nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    Everbloom fond only works in dreanor now. I think it worked elsewhere before.
    what annoys me is that it doesn't work in draenor instances anymore, specifically in random heroics it had it's use on occasion.

rainbow generator makes up for it though.

The engineering-only toy works throughout the world. The crafted "Findle's" toy now works only in Draenor.

I really hope they revert that. It's a really pointless nerf.

That ... suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks............. >.<

(Thank you for the answer.)

Findle's Loot-a-Rang D: because it makes the game better to wish you were an engineer or huntard (if pets still have fetch, haven't checked yet)

Then we have Salyin Battle Banner which was nerfed to Pandaria only. Everyone reroll nelf or rogue.

The horn only works to level 93 or something (that may have been done earlier, not sure).

I'm sort of afraid to look for others, because it will just upset me.

Others? What have you noticed? Which of them bother you the most?
    I miss the Salyin Battle Banner as it is amazing to have vanish that actually works.

Who the fuck cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Who the fuck cares.
    I do. I'm already feeling the lootarang nerf. Saving 5+ second running over to a mob at max range just to loot it when before I had an item that'd do it instantly really starts to add up. I guess it's time to break this habit or pick up Engi.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I do. I'm already feeling the lootarang nerf. Saving 5+ second running over to a mob at max range just to loot it when before I had an item that'd do it instantly really starts to add up. I guess it's time to break this habit or pick up Engi.
    Honestly, for me, it was running up to a dead mob, clicking it, being told I'm not close enough, edging a bit closer, still not close enough, etc.

I liked being able to just click a button, and be done with it.

Really easy to switch to engineering. You only need 125 for the loot-a-rang, and you can use blackrock ore from 1-600 so you get the glider and rocket belt too. Takes maybe 1500 ore.

Deleted
    It's Waterstrider all over again.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Really easy to switch to engineering. You only need 125 for the loot-a-rang, and you can use blackrock ore from 1-600 so you get the glider and rocket belt too. Takes maybe 1500 ore.
    That's great on a freshly boosted level 90, but not so hot for characters who have learned dozens of unobtainable recipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    It's Waterstrider all over again.
    At least Blizzard unassed its head pretty quickly on that.

I miss the Loot-A-Rang. Less clicking means less shoulder tendon pain. I was happy when I figured out how useful it is. Not happy it won't be usable in Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    I love the solution: "just switch professions"

Some of us have chosen certain professions for a reason and don't plan to just drop one for a utility item that we previously had available.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

I remember when the snowman disguise used to be instant cast but popping into snowman form in mid-air was just too overpowered so out it went.

I also heard Ogre Pinata was nerfed to be undroppable in raids thanks to the 1%.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    I love the solution: "just switch professions"

Some of us have chosen certain professions for a reason and don't plan to just drop one for a utility item that we previously had available.
    I've spent years and several 100kg (actually probably well >1Mg) gold collecting crafting recipes and my most experienced crafters are dual crafters. Two of them are engineers but I never took engineering for anything other than giggles and occasionally utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    I remember when the snowman disguise used to be instant cast but popping into snowman form in mid-air was just too overpowered so out it went.
    Nice things detected ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I think that having fun taken out of a game is, on the surface, an entirely sensible reason to be annoyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Aqua Jewel hurt me most. Used to work everywhere, and now Blizzard chose to arbitrarily make it Pandaria only.

Quote Originally Posted by Antbregante View Post
    NO longer can I troll the Auction House with the Toy Train Set because no one choo choos anymore. For shame Blizzard!!!
    The collective of humorless asses who bitched about the train were a great example of why this game is so absurdly dull sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    "Upset" as toy nerfs. I have no words.
    Yeah, fuck anyone who makes complaints about things. We should just "suck it up" no matter what happens, and never voice our displeasure about any aspect of the game.