Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sometimes people are too ignorant to make important decisions that will affect others negatively.
    But that's a subjective opinion isn't it?

The people who voted to leave did so because they believed they were being affected in negative ways by the EU.

They didn't like the immigration problems, the labor impacts, the fact that their representation was limited in the sense their votes only went so far, the loss of their sovereignty, the euro itself, and so on.

Sitting back and just saying "no you're wrong and ignorant now shut up and let us rule" is pretty tyrannical and is antithetical to the concepts of democracy.

Plus at the end of the day giving people the right to vote and then just saying "nah don't like the outcome" is textbook oppression.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Which part is wrong? Or do they teach you alternate history, where Britains troops weren't pushed out of Europe initially, and France not invaded?
    Both Britain and France knew what they were going to do, to create a WWI style static front until Germany got bored and came to terms. Unfortunately Germany scuppered that by marching around the French defences.

And Britain (at least, not sure about France) was prepared to listen to German demands in order to prevent a war, in hindsight it was a mistake due to the ambitions of Hitler, but few realised that at the time.

To claim they had no idea what they intended to do ignores the existence of the BEF, you are mixing up a plan that goes awry with having no plan, the two are not the same thing.

Okay. We've now gone to making terrible ww2 comparisons. The only place left for Linadra to go is full moron and start Godwinning.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sometimes people are too ignorant to make important decisions that will affect others negatively.
    I too believe that government should just do the shit I think is right and that the people in the way are mostly pretty ignorant. We don't seem to share the same ideas about the right move though - what's the right solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    jesus. the declaration of war was the automatic and only response the countries could make. they were allied with polen, and polen was invaded by germany, which automatically put UK and france in war state with germany.

where did u get your history lessons? On a Rudolf Hess Gedenkmarsch?
    They were supposed to help Poland actually, as per treaties. They declared war instead, and then started wondering what to do, if anything. 8 months later, as if that's not enough time to figure out what to do, France was getting invaded.

Like the vote, perhaps a plan of action might be in order, before initiating it, instead of wondering afterwards what to do.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2016-07-23 at 04:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were supposed to help Poland actually, as per treaties. They declared war instead, and then started wondering what to do, if anything. 8 months later, as if that's not enough time to figure out what to do, France was getting invaded.

Like the vote, perhaps a plan of action might be in order, before initiation it, instead of wondering afterwards what to do.
    They had not planned on the German advance being so decisive, again that is a plan going wrong, not that they had no plan.

And the Government are working on the Brexit plan now, devoting the resources need to formulate that prior to actually voting out would have been a waste of resources if we had voted to stay and wasting resources is not really what I want from an elected Government.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    They had not planned on the German advance being so decisive, again that is a plan going wrong, not that they had no plan.

And the Government are working on the Brexit plan now, devoting the resources need to formulate that prior to actually voting out would have been a waste of resources if we had voted to stay and wasting resources is not really what I want from an elected Government.
    I suppose it wasn't a fair comparison, as they lazily used some old plan from ww1. Which only makes the Brexit worse, since there's no plan at all, not even old dusty one to use before calling the vote, and now wondering what to do.

Are all of your politicians like that by the way? None of them have any plans or ideas to offer voters, because "waste of effort if they don't get elected"?
    Last edited by Azadina; 2016-07-23 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    We could let the UK stay and kick out the eastern countries instead, no one needed them anyway.
    Or the eastern countries can rally and gang bang your mom in the ass, that will surely please her

I suppose it wasn't a fair comparison
    Or good. Or realistic. Or sane.

But why let that stop usual sub 20 stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Or good. Or realistic. Or sane.

But why let that stop usual sub 20 stupidity?
    Atleast I'm not purposefully lying like you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose it wasn't a fair comparison, as they lazily used some old plan from ww1. Which only makes the Brexit worse, since there's no plan at all, not even old dusty one to use before calling the vote, and now wondering what to do.
    Who was supposed to formulate this plan? The leave campaign would not have the resources to come up with a detailed plan, it requires whole government departments to sort out, and the Government would have wasted resources in the event of a vote to remain had they done it.

Leave campaigners were irresponsible in my eyes, but you are putting unrealistic expectations on either them or the Government.

Atleast I'm not purposefully lying like you are.
    Hey, if people like you want to claim "old farts" wanted this, and failed miserably at ww2 history, there's only one age group to toss your dumb ass in.

Infracted - Flaming
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-07-23 at 05:49 AM.

Who was supposed to formulate this plan? The leave campaign would not have the resources to come up with a detailed plan, it requires whole government departments to sort out, and the Government would have wasted resources in the event of a vote to remain had they done it.

Leave campaigners were irresponsible in my eyes, but you are putting unrealistic expectations on either them or the Government.
    You find that making plans for something this big is waste of time? It wouldn't have been much of a waste to have plans ready. Again, invoking the article now provides a valuable lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    US government is hoping brexit doesn't happen. Personally it would be neat to see cause it's a historical event, but it doesn't affect me either way.
    It sure does effect you and every other person in the civilized world.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

You find that making plans for something this big is waste of time? It wouldn't have been much of a waste to have plans ready. Again, invoking the article now provides a valuable lesson.
    It doesn't. A valuable lesson comes from actually reading your history book in class.

It doesn't. A valuable lesson comes from actually reading your history book in class.
    It does. Give the people exactly what they wanted and voted for. See if they like it.

If people don't understand that their choices have consequences, then they should face them to see it.

It does. Give the people exactly what they wanted and voted for. See if they like it.
    They'd also get exactly what they voted for if they leave in a uniform fashion instead of rushing. But, I don't expect someone as young as you to understand that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again you are completely clueless as to how complicated this process is, I have explained to you a number of times that it is not like giving up your gym membership, yet that seems to be the most complicated thing you can grasp.

Your idea of a valuable lesson has not stopped being an example of a moronic lesson. When you have a major situation to deal with, rushing in unprepared is often disastrous and bizarrely the likes of Theresa May are not interested in causing a disaster for the sake of it.

They'd also get exactly what they voted for if they leave in a uniform fashion instead of rushing. But, I don't expect someone as young as you to understand that.
    How are they getting their immediate Brexit, if you drag it on for 10 years?

Again you are completely clueless as to how complicated this process is, I have explained to you a number of times that it is not like giving up your gym membership, yet that seems to be the most complicated thing you can grasp.

Your idea of a valuable lesson has not stopped being an example of a moronic lesson. When you have a major situation to deal with, rushing in unprepared is often disastrous and bizarrely the likes of Theresa May are not interested in causing a disaster for the sake of it.
    Again, you have 2 years after invoking it. Just because you couldn't bother having plans ready for the exit winning scenario, it's entirely on you.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2016-07-23 at 04:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are they getting their immediate Brexit, if you drag it on for 10 years?
    Anyone that thinks an immediate Brexit is possible is wrong.