Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Well first of all you make sure you are only getting "involved" with a trustworthy person of good character. That alone would increase your chances exponentially of avoiding calamity.
    It would be tragic if you somehow had a lapse in your perfect judgement and found yourself on the wrong end of a false allegation, how would you defend yourself?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    I'm glad you're a perfect judge of character and only involve yourself with people who never change or have lapses in judgement.
    Isn't life about the odds? You always have a chance of dying in a car accident but you lower those risks by driving within the speed limit, not being drunk, wearing your seatbelts and being in a car with airbags.

Not sure what's worse: a rapist or a retarded judge. Soon we won't be able to fuck without a signed agreement lol

Quote Originally Posted by Muielamods View Post
    Not sure what's worse: a rapist or a retarded judge. Soon we won't be able to fuck without a signed agreement lol
    That doesn't matter anymore either, you can withdraw consent at anytime, at which point it becomes rape. If you can cry about it hard enough, you can even say that you were coerced into saying yes the entire time too.

So aren't you essentially blaming her for not getting herself assaulted? Like wasn't it enough that she allegedly got raped?
    All you're doing is trying to say "she was right because the judge said she was telling the truth". If you find yourself believing one side of a story over another, especially in a case like this, then you're just closing your mind off to the possibility that what she said COULD be false just as much as what he said could be false too. You're limiting yourself to one side, for some unknown reason to me. That second quote is all judges opinion, and should be completely disregarded in my books too. "He was CONVINCED that blah blah blah". Everything the judge said is what SHE said, and it was like he didn't pay any mind to what he said, or his side of the story. Bad practice of the law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    That doesn't matter anymore either, you can withdraw consent at anytime, at which point it becomes rape. If you can cry about it hard enough, you can even say that you were coerced into saying yes the entire time too.
    That's what consent is. Don't like it? Then don't get involved with the opposite gender.
    This is how the world works now.

That's certainly a concern but such a case isn't really similar to this one. From the looks of things the woman claims to have withdrew consent during the night and the man didn't listen.
    In a long term relationship, it's a whole different dynamic.
    You don't get it, do you? It's exactly the same scenario. The woman CLAIMS to have withdrawn consent during sex. There is no way to know whether she is lying or telling the truth. There is no other testimony, no evidence, just her word. She could be lying through her teeth and just wanting to spite this guy because maybe he insulted her or made her feel bad somehow.

In a just society, it takes more than just being accused of rape to be found guilty for it. If there is any justice left in Canada, this beyond idiotic and unjust ruling will get overturned.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what consent is. Don't like it? Then don't get involved with the opposite gender.
    This is how the world works now.
    No, it really isn't. This bullshit WILL hit a tipping point, then stupid shit like "the accusation IS the evidence" or "I regret having sex last night so even though I consented, i'm withdrawing my consent after the fact and magically turning my partner into a rapist" will not fly anymore. Because this IS bullshit and it isn't justice. Only someone with a very fucked up and perverted sense of "morality" would think this kind of shit is justice.

So basically you don't have an argument and decide to nation bash and call all Canadians idiots? Pretty sure that is against the rules.
    The rules? Where, in Canada? Stop proving his point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    The rules? Where, in Canada? Stop proving his point.
    The forum rules. Why do you think he is banned?

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    It will probably be like this "It started as love making, but at some point I decided to give up. However, he didn't listen and kept pounding me. That happened 30 years ago, but I just remembered it" "GUILTY!"

10+ Year Old Account
    But that isn't want he said, and he's banned because he doesn't have the connections you have to avoid punishment for your actions.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I never said I'm okay with it. I said this is what it is. People want to live in a society that is becoming more and more "progressive" don't they? This is what it looks like.
    That isn't fucking "progress" by ANY definition. It's regression. It's the Salem Witch trials all over again, except instead of accusing people of witchcraft on little or no evidence except "she said he said" testimony and then burning them at the stake, we're accusing them of rape and ruining their lives.

Oh, how "enlightened" we are and how "progressive" we are!

7+ Year Old Account
    I suppose Canada may have a different definition of "justice", but in most civilized countries, you're innocent until proven guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    I suppose Canada may have a different definition of "justice", but in most civilized countries, you're innocent until proven guilty.
    Oh, but the accusation is itself the proof! If you were innocent, then you wouldn't be accused now would you?

/sarcasm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    That isn't fucking "progress" by ANY definition. It's regression. It's the Salem Witch trials all over again, except instead of accusing people of witchcraft on little or no evidence except "she said he said" testimony and then burning them at the stake, we're accusing them of rape and ruining their lives.

Oh, how "enlightened" we are and how "progressive" we are!
    but that IS progress in their misandrist utopian world.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    but that IS progress in their misandrist utopian world.
    Well, I guess we know whose vision of the future they are working so hard to bring into being...

Doesn't look banned to me. He is still posting.

So if I've got this right, he had a testimony, so did she, there was no evidence of a rape at all, so they sided with the woman?

I can't say I follow their logic.

"Does the woman rush to the police right away or wait days, weeks, months? It doesn’t matter, Zuker said. There are plenty of reasons why victims wait or don’t report at all."

That seems the most open for exploitation. 2 months later, maybe after a tough breakup and she's feeling particularly vengeful. It's long past the point where there'd be any evidence, but mark her words, she was raped.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2016-07-23 at 04:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Well, I guess we know whose vision of the future they are working so hard to bring into being...
    The tragedy of that is
    1) beta males like certain unnamed 'champions' would be among the first to die;
    2) there would be numerous revolts among the men slaves;
    3) civilization as a whole would collapse in a generation or two.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    Doesn't look banned to me. He is still posting.
    That is awesome that you aren't banned...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not too bothered by men being thrown in jail in Canada with no evidence. Hopefully they will get to tennisace.