Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    All Amercian's are equal and that's the part you clearly don't understand.

Doesn't matter if you just put roots down or there been here for years.
    If you think being American is just something you call yourself.

But as yougov has found, white americans and hispanic americans dont agree on what free speech means. So clearly something isnt going so well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CuchuCachu View Post
    But as yougov has found, white americans and hispanic americans dont agree on what free speech means. So clearly something isnt going so well
    Oh look another person hiding behind an alt-account....

The people on this forum can't even figure out what Free Speech means most of the time. Half of them believe that if you say something bigoted and end up getting disciplined for it that their free speech was taken away. Please check the meaning and try your rhetoric later....

If you think being American is just something you call yourself.

Oh I know what Freedom of Speech means and I also know it isn't Freedom of Consequences.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Oh look another person hiding behind an alt-account....

The people on this forum can't even figure out what Free Speech means most of the time. Half of them believe that if you say something bigoted and end up getting disciplined for it that their free speech was taken away. Please check the meaning and try your rhetoric later....
    "Oh my god my MMO-C forum access was taken away! MUH FREEDOM OF SPEECH"

I don't get it. When I was growing up I was always told about how America was a great melting pot, a land of free people that always accepted refugees and immigrants who wanted to make a better life for themselves through hard work and determination. The pride when someone would declare how we took in refugees by the thousands, who, despite temporary opposition from anti-immigrant groups and their initial trouble integrating, eventually became some of the biggest contributors to our society.

Now there's a group of Americans who can say "Stop hating on the rich, there's UNLIMITED opportunity in this nation, and you're lazy if you don't reach out and grab it" then turn around and complain about how there's only so much work and wealth to be had, and the immigrants are taking it all. Not only is it hypocritical, but let's look at how much wealth immigrants have as opposed to the powerful people that the right worships.

Hey man, let's have a sing-along. The Trump theme song.

This land is my land, and only my land!
    From California, to the New York Island;
    From the redwood forest, to the Gulf Stream waters
    This land was made for me and only me.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Kek. My ancestors fought in wars for this country but right, I'm no more American than someone who just arrived and has no roots
    Correct.

/10char
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Stewart has probably done more to educate the american public than actual news.
    thinking Stewart educates in any way and doesn't just cherry pick stuff that fit his opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    thinking Stewart educates in any way and doesn't just cherry pick stuff that fit his opinion
    Prove what he said wrong.......

Can't didn't think so.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Triggered liberals thread. Leave immediately unless you want to perpetuate the circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Didn't Jon change his name to give a middle finger to his dad, not to hide he's jewish .
    No, according to his earliest reason for his name change was when he was a comedian the club DJ's would always mess up his last name, so Jon Stuart Liebowitz, became Jon Stewart. He adds there was some resentment or hostility towards his father, but it was just a practical reason to begin with.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I'm not going to pretend he's completely impartial, but the guy is a comedian, so I don't think he has the same obligation to impartiality as anyone who claims to represent the news. He still did an effective job of turning a lot of attention toward politics that wouldn't otherwise be there and avoids actual dishonesty, which pretty much inevitably means those people are more educated about politics than they would be if they spent that time each week doing something else recreational.
    Hey now, while Jon has taught me a lot about politics and political hypocrisy, my recreational time playing Pokemon Go has taught me that Team Valor are a bunch of shit heads.

Some of the funniest moments in Jon's daily show were just him playing clips of Fox news or some other conservative outlet saying one thing then later saying the complete opposite at a later time, a la this appearance. I fail to understand how Trevor Noah just... can't do something that simple.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Oh I know what Freedom of Speech means and I also know it isn't Freedom of Consequences.
    Well this is regarding whether the government should abridge free speech.

So... yea this diversity thing is really gonna work out

Well this is regarding whether the government should abridge free speech.

So... yea this diversity thing is really gonna work out
    The bolded is words that you clearly don't know the meaning of. I would advise you looking up what these words mean before using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinopotamus View Post
    Pork, its called Pork, you can read about here on the internet, or just watch the publicly broadcasted congressional sessions where they read this shit, and you can see why they vote it down... but hey yeah they didn't want to help. Not like the Dems literally do anything they can to push their agenda (republicans do it to, but they do it way less in important shit, fuck liberals voted down two gun laws in the last 4 years that would have prevented those on the terror watch list/no fly list from buying guns, which would have saved 49 lives a few weeks ago, but yes, it's the evil Republicans)
    If they didn't like pork in it they could have rewrote the bill and still helped but they didn't. Same thing for all the va bills that they voted down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    You can't flame Trump, because he's retarded!
    So wrong and so right at the same time. Your politically incorrect politically correct commentary has me feeling some kinds way...
    Love people, not things; use things, not people.
    ― Spencer W. Kimball

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    Unlike those totally rational democrat voters who weigh the pros and cons of every candidate and select the best one regardless of party affiliation.
    Trump is making it very easy to weigh pros and cons, here.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Hey now, while Jon has taught me a lot about politics and political hypocrisy, my recreational time playing Pokemon Go has taught me that Team Valor are a bunch of shit heads.

Some of the funniest moments in Jon's daily show were just him playing clips of Fox news or some other conservative outlet saying one thing then later saying the complete opposite at a later time, a la this appearance. I fail to understand how Trevor Noah just... can't do something that simple.
    You learned about politics through a satire news program? I hope you're not a voter...

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    All republicans?
    It seems to be just aimed at Trump and his supporters.
    What's left of the republican party ("left" as in "Survived to take over". Not "left" as in "political left" :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    yep, Trump and his supporters do not own this country or what it stands for.
    No, google and wallstreet do and they support shillary. So much better for all of humanity combined, am I right?

10+ Year Old Account
    How will Trump ever recover??? That's it, I'm now a #ArtilleryForHillaryCruzMissile

Also, is it me or does Jon have cancer?
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    No, google and wallstreet do and they support shillary. So much better for all of humanity combined, am I right?
    in an ideological sense, I thought that was obvious. oh wait, you're just trying to be clever.