10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    scenes with primatives didn't make much sense (shield agents using icers, why wouldn't they be equipped with real guns?)
    Because the primitives are converted/swayed. SOP is to use nonlethals if there's a chance they can "save" the person. Same reason they hadn't killed Lash.

leaving Hive unsecured in cargo bay
    That was less "left" and more "oh shit we didn't plan for this let's lock everything down and reposition". Which worked, I'll note. They just didn't realize, at the time, the stuff with the quinjet.

letting Mack do the cauterization while there are doctors present.
    I'm not sure any of the team are doctor doctors. People like Doctor Radcliffe use the term, but I'm pretty sure it's PhD-Doctor, not MD-Doctor. Jemma's a biochemist. Radcliffe's specialization isn't mentioned (I think), but he's a scientist working for an agrochemical company; little reason to think HE'S an MD rather than a biochemist.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Because the primitives are converted/swayed. SOP is to use nonlethals if there's a chance they can "save" the person. Same reason they hadn't killed Lash.

That was less "left" and more "oh shit we didn't plan for this let's lock everything down and reposition". Which worked, I'll note. They just didn't realize, at the time, the stuff with the quinjet.

I'm not sure any of the team are doctor doctors. People like Doctor Radcliffe use the term, but I'm pretty sure it's PhD-Doctor, not MD-Doctor. Jemma's a biochemist. Radcliffe's specialization isn't mentioned (I think), but he's a scientist working for an agrochemical company; little reason to think HE'S an MD rather than a biochemist.
    Lincoln's a doctor.

edit: I think that Mac doing the cauterizing had to do with the chick knowing and trusting him more than it had to do with his profession.
    Last edited by the game; 2016-05-21 at 01:57 AM.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Lincoln's a doctor.

edit: I think that Mac doing the cauterizing had to do with the chick knowing and trusting him more than it had to do with his profession.
    Right, forgot Lincoln, since he so rarely does doctoring on-screen.

And yeah; the cauterization seems like the kind of field-ops first-aid that I'd expect any SHIELD agent to be able to handle, and I definitely got the impression it was about their relationship, not anyone's skills.

And yeah; the cauterization seems like the kind of field-ops first-aid that I'd expect any SHIELD agent to be able to handle, and I definitely got the impression it was about their relationship, not anyone's skills.

She also trusted Mack because she seemed to have the HOTS for him,......get it... hots...../groan

We've only actually seen him as a doctor at the hospital maybe 3 times total. They didn't seem to want to mention it after that except for a couple of times in fitzsimmons lab.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

This is Marvel.

Did we see bodies of either Lincoln or Ward? No. Worse; would Ward's body even mean Hive was dead? Definitely no, since he's already made that jump once (from Will, to Ward, and the latter was even dead at the time).

Unless your name is Uncle Ben, you're never dead dead.
    The vision of the future is of someone dying. So at least one of the two in that ship died. Lincoln is dead for sure. Could Hive the inhuman have survived it? We don't know. His powers aren't really fleshed out in the show. He has the ability to regenerate tissue on his host body, so the body of Ward might come back in the future. They call it a warhead in the show. Does that mean it's a nuke or just a bomb? I'm inclined to believe that it is a bomb, not a nuke.

With all that out of the way, that final scene with Hive and Lincoln is something I'll be remembering a long time. Brett Dalton is someone that I'll definitely be looking for in the future. His mastery of the role from first episode to this last one is one of the hallmarks of the show. It'll definitely be less of a show with him supposedly gone now.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    The vision of the future is of someone dying. So at least one of the two in that ship died. Lincoln is dead for sure. Could Hive the inhuman have survived it? We don't know. His powers aren't really fleshed out in the show. He has the ability to regenerate tissue on his host body, so the body of Ward might come back in the future. They call it a warhead in the show. Does that mean it's a nuke or just a bomb? I'm inclined to believe that it is a bomb, not a nuke.

With all that out of the way, that final scene with Hive and Lincoln is something I'll be remembering a long time. Brett Dalton is someone that I'll definitely be looking for in the future. His mastery of the role from first episode to this last one is one of the hallmarks of the show. It'll definitely be less of a show with him supposedly gone now.
    The vision of the future just shows a quinn jet in space. No bodies were shown. Arguably it was a shoulder in the corner of the screen but it could've just as easily been another suit.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear, Fitz's invisible gun was taken from Carol in The Walking Dead. Only, better.

I have to say, I really liked the "addiction" way they handled Hive's power. Sci-fi mumbo jumbo is hardly new, but it works the best with me when there's just a touch of reality behind it. Cap's shield absorbs all vibrational energy? Fantastic. Wanna explain how it reflects bullets? No? You lose a point. But Daisy being so drawn to Hive explained as a chemical dependency, which I thought was well portrayed by Bennett, made sense.

And there were just enough "this guy's going to die" tropes thrown around that it was nearly impossible to tell who was actually going to die at the end. Fitz and Simmons on a romantic holiday? Gotta be one of...oh wait, now I'm sure it's Mack. No wait, Yo-yo. No wait, Coulson! Etc etc. Using such obvious cliches spread out over such a wide area made it tough for me to guess.

P.S. If either Lincoln or Ward (as Hive or not) return, I'll be pretty dismayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I swear, Fitz's invisible gun was taken from Carol in The Walking Dead. Only, better.

I have to say, I really liked the "addiction" way they handled Hive's power. Sci-fi mumbo jumbo is hardly new, but it works the best with me when there's just a touch of reality behind it. Cap's shield absorbs all vibrational energy? Fantastic. Wanna explain how it reflects bullets? No? You lose a point. But Daisy being so drawn to Hive explained as a chemical dependency, which I thought was well portrayed by Bennett, made sense.

And there were just enough "this guy's going to die" tropes thrown around that it was nearly impossible to tell who was actually going to die at the end. Fitz and Simmons on a romantic holiday? Gotta be one of...oh wait, now I'm sure it's Mack. No wait, Yo-yo. No wait, Coulson! Etc etc. Using such obvious cliches spread out over such a wide area made it tough for me to guess.

P.S. If either Lincoln or Ward (as Hive or not) return, I'll be pretty dismayed.
    Yeah it definitely kept me on the edge of my seat that they kept throwing each character in the hot seat throughout the episode.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Does that mean it's a nuke or just a bomb? I'm inclined to believe that it is a bomb, not a nuke.
    A nuke sounds like a really poor way to spread a virus.

He is on record as saying that last scene was one of his favorites, if not the favorite.

The vision of the future just shows a quinn jet in space. No bodies were shown. Arguably it was a shoulder in the corner of the screen but it could've just as easily been another suit.
    It'd be a bait and switch of insulting proportions. We see the two of them very clearly in space. Then, the vehicle explodes. Lincoln is about as dead as you can make someone. Hive is almost certainly torn to pieces which will either be lost in the infinite vacuum of space, or burn to uselessness on reentry. There is no method either of them could have survived that I'm prepared to accept with existing evidence.

A nuke sounds like a really poor way to spread a virus.

He is on record as saying that last scene was one of his favorites, if not the favorite.

It'd be a bait and switch of insulting proportions. We see the two of them very clearly in space. Then, the vehicle explodes. Lincoln is about as dead as you can make someone. Hive is almost certainly torn to pieces which will either be lost in the infinite vacuum of space, or burn to uselessness on reentry. There is no method either of them could have survived that I'm prepared to accept with existing evidence.
    If there's one thing that agents of shield is good at it's plot twists and cliff hangers. I'm not saying he might not be dead, I believe he is. I'm just saying we never actually saw the bodies.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I know the bolded part was just a random example, but when they first showed Cap's shield (in The First Avenger), the bullets weren't reflected - they just hit the shield and then dropped straight to the floor, so at least at first they were being internally consistent with their sci-fi mumbo jumbo. If they've shown bullets bouncing off the shield since they, they were doing it wrong.

That particular inhuman's power was showing someone's death in the future. Not just a vision, a death. One of the two in that quinjet is dead. Hopefully it's Lincoln, because I can't really stand him at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    I know the bolded part was just a random example, but when they first showed Cap's shield (in The First Avenger), the bullets weren't reflected - they just hit the shield and then dropped straight to the floor, so at least at first they were being internally consistent with their sci-fi mumbo jumbo. If they've shown bullets bouncing off the shield since they, they were doing it wrong.
    That would be the Winter Soldier, where he reflected a minigun and killed several people. About 3:15.

EDIT: In a previous post, I hypothesized that Cap's shield is the least consistent item in the entire Marvel universe. They don't even know what it's made from. Maybe that was the perfect example of what I'm talking about

Again, I'm willing to accept sci-fi "it just works okay?" in a movie, but add just enough realism to make it logical and I'm 100% in favor.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2016-05-21 at 02:29 PM.

That would be the Winter Soldier, where he reflected a minigun and killed several people. About 3:15.
    Huh. I'd remembered that scene as Falcon taking people out with his gun, but yeah, minigun bullets reflected by shield that absorbs kinetic energy. Fail.

Looks like it's official. Ghostrider is heading to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Here's the SDCC trailer showing it. The skull they use in the preview looks lot better than the one in the older movie too, which is sad (for the old movie).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Looks like it's official. Ghostrider is heading to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Here's the SDCC trailer showing it. The skull they use in the preview looks lot better than the one in the older movie too, which is sad (for the old movie).
    Man... Ghost Rider is one of my favorite Marvel characters, and one whose comics I loved reading the most. However, now I'm wondering whether it's Danny Ketch or Johnny Blaze, or perhaps some new rider.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Man... Ghost Rider is one of my favorite Marvel characters, and one whose comics I loved reading the most. However, now I'm wondering whether it's Danny Ketch or Johnny Blaze, or perhaps some new rider.
    They already said its the Roberto Reyes incarnation, I'm only familiar with Johnny Blaze.

I'm skeptical of GR being any good.

The original GR was written too well for me to think that any script with some new version is going to be just as good. And on ABC?...I have to wonder if selling one's soul could be a thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    They already said its the Roberto Reyes incarnation, I'm only familiar with Johnny Blaze.
    Apparently this Robbie Reyes is some brand new incarnation of Ghost Rider, first appearance in 2014. Never even heard of this guy. A Latino from some gang area in LA. Instead of a bike, he has some kind of a hellish car, a "Hell Charger". That's about as lame as it can get. It's Ghost Rider, and you don't ride a car.

Danny Ketch is Johnny Blaze's brother, and became the Rider after Johnny.

But yeah, just based on the fact that this Reyes guy drives a car, I'm going to hate him being on the show. Why, oh why must they take existing characters and twist them up until they completely ruin everything. And, sure, it's not the same Ghost Rider; there are several. Still, it's the existing archetype or billet, and he's using the name. They should, in all fairness, call him Ghost Driver instead.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-07-23 at 01:50 PM.