Professions on multiple alts?

I'm looking for confirmation from someone with beta access before i throw away the professions on my alts:
    So there are no cool downs in professions, right? That means having the same crafting profession on multiple alts is a huge waste. If i want to be completely self sufficient all i need is 4 character with the 8 crafting prof and i can use the other 9 char with gathering skills only to fuel the mats, right?

thanks

Deleted
    Well... Every character should be an engineer, if you ask me. All my characters have engineering and another profession. Gotta have those lovely teleports and tools.

Tailoring didn't seem to have a cooldown; a robe takes like 150 of the better silk, and you get 5 of it at a time, so it'd take a month to make one level 110 blue robe if it was a cooldown. That'd make no sense.

Blood of sargaras which is a huge component in the crafting cycle is BOP , which means you will need to obtain them with the crafting character of choice.
    Therefore, double gatherer wont be effective at all.
    In most cases this means you would have to run dungeons / do world quests / raiding with those toons which you realisticly wont be able to do on all 8 chars you suggest.

Until bloods become BOE its probably better to focus on one or two chars as they will be a lot more powerfull due to artifact traits and having to travel around the whole continent with 8 chars gets rather time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Belmorn View Post
    Blood of sargaras which is a huge component in the crafting cycle is BOP , which means you will need to obtain them with the crafting character of choice.
    Therefore, double gatherer wont be effective at all.
    In most cases this means you would have to run dungeons / do world quests / raiding with those toons which you realisticly wont be able to do on all 8 chars you suggest.

Until bloods become BOE its probably better to focus on one or two chars as they will be a lot more powerfull due to artifact traits and having to travel around the whole continent with 8 chars gets rather time consuming.
    Oh crap, i forgot about that BOP blood
    Then maybe 8 char with the 8 crafting profession + 1 gathering skill and the other 5 char with double gathering...hm

Thanks for the tip

ps.: im planning to go full hardcore-casual in this expansion with no raiding and concentrating on alts, world stuff, 5 mans so focusing on multiple things shouldn't be a problem
    Last edited by Vilendor; 2016-07-23 at 08:16 AM.