Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Anyone looking forward to Gul'dan being gone?

Not that I look forward to kllling him, I just look forward to him not being part of the lore anymore.

All this AU bullcrap needs to be scrapped, WoD was just a giant excuse to bring Gul'dan back and was terribly terribly written.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It will certainly be nice to get rid of the last vestiges of WOD
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, it ended up being just fine really.

I would much rather Gul'dan be a spearhead of the invasion playing everyone in the end, than some random Lord Legionus McDaemon popping out of nowhere and doing it.

I think AU Gul'dan is an awesome character and the way he went from start of the WoD to Legion is just brilliant.

10+ Year Old Account
    No actually. AU Gul'dan was a great villain and was by far the best thing about WoD and I hate WoD with a passion.

I dunno, I love AU Gul'dan and I also don't agree at all with the people who say that he was "ruined" by the change in lore, or that Blizzard doesn't know their own lore. I feel like it was an intentional move to change his story, to show how and why this new Gul'dan is considerably different from the way our Gul'dan was. It's also interesting that the warlock destruction artifact points out the fact that even the NPCs note there's a big difference between the two. This was supposed to be a backstory for people who didn't know about WoD's Gul'dan, and a surprise twist to people who did.

I'm going to be really sad when Gul'dan's gone. He's such a despicable bastard, yet one of the most enjoyably written villains in WoW. His dedication to pure personal gain is so strong that it's almost admirable if he wasn't also interested in destroying the entire universe to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like him as a villain. Hope he survives our scheduled encounter.

I didn't see much point in bringing him back other then being fanservice, they could've easily introduced a new character with some build up that ends up doing his work instead. This AU Gul'dan ended up as yet another puppet of the Legion, although atleast he was quite good during WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Yeah, i would like to see him continue to be obnoxious nuisance.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Then hopefully they're done with the AU crap, and that the line about Yrel and co. helping Azeroth was as empty as MoP's "We will end you", in the sense that the writers will probably never do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Nah, I hope that he's either stabbed to death by a group of Nathrezim, or Illidan swoops in like the Creeper and drops him from above.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

to make him last so long then die in the beginning of the expansion is poor writing.

hopefully its not his final death. from what i hear he is preparing illidans body as a vessel for sargeras and we stop that and return illidans soul to his body.

if Gul'Dan dies in the process or is just stopped i do not know.

He has a more demonic appearance in the Nighthold raid, it may suggest that he pulled an Illidan(guess he used someone else's skull for that though).
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

While I appreciate the fleshing out of backstory on Gul'dan, as he is one of the more intriguing characters in the lore, he acts so different from his MU counterpart that he might as well be a different character entirely. MU Gul'dan was much more about himself and screwing over everybody else than some die hard legion loyalist. Granted, the two characters were put in rather different situations.

Deleted
    Gul'dan is like the one good thing about WoD

AU Gul'dan is too much out of his original character. He is not ambitious, he is just a puppet of Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    He has a more demonic appearance in the Nighthold raid, it may suggest that he pulled an Illidan(guess he used someone else's skull for that though).
    I swear he wants Illidan's body so that he can Absorb MU Gul'dan's power out of Illidan so we get Gul'dan^2

Nah im a guldan fan, and he was great in wod
    Im more glad this is the first time friggin vanilla no garrosh
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

I'm looking forward to an expansion that's not centered around the actions of an Orc or a group of Orcs. Hopefully Illidan and others play the prominent roles.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    ill be happy when hes gone hes the last trace of the horror of alt dranor now only if we could get back taylor and marrad sucks to have heros die for no reason on a world that has no impact

I rather enjoy Gul'dan personally, but wouldn't mind having a new baddy on the scene. The thing they did so very right with Gul'dan, is he is a very well done villain. In light of YEARS of the orc show staring Orcy McOrcerson, and hating every time I see one on screen, I don't get that with Gul'dan. Unlike many of the other characters, being an orc is secondary to who he is. Rather than being an orcish villain, he is a villain whom happens to be orcish, and that's a very good thing.

Well, he's already been gone once.