Page 1 of 25
... LastLast

Bye masterloot, farewell alot of pugs?

EDITED! Apprently alot of you people can't comprehend the option you have MAKE YOUR OWN GROUP. You complain about having TOO many ML groups, then why don't you take your time to make your own with PL. Yes I know, because it takes fucking ages making a group. And that is why we should let the person spending that time putting a group together for YOU aswell, let them decide what kind of loot rules THEY want in their group. Or make your damn own grp.

This game is turning into something bad really really fast, they might aswell tell us that we have to play it with our parents by our side. They are removing so many player decisions.

With the prepatch blizzard has decided to disable masterloot option in pugs.

First of all, if you see masterloot as a problem for you, perhaps you should either:
    1) Make your own group and choose the loot rules you want?
    2) Perhaps join a group WITHOUT masterloot

It's actually that simple.

Is this to stop ninjalooting? I don't know, I have raided every single week during WOD, in a pug up until halfway through HFC when I unsubbed, and let me tell you, I still haven't seen a single person ninjaloot anything. Either the leader had reserved an item that I didn't need anyway, or it went smoothly with no ninja looting.

The only problem that occurred would be people leaving after a specific boss, tanks after iskar etc trying to get a trinket or a healer at socrethar. And then we had to wait a long time to get a new person to join, this is all due to the fact that people can come and go as they please in the raids now.

Also for the people who think this will help you finding groups, well here is a news flash, it won't. The people who did these pug-runs and reserved that last item they needed, because THEY set up the group and THEY spend effort and a long time to do so, they won't bother putting together a group for you anymore.

This change will only hurt the playerbase in the long run. And to all you people saying, "Oh but its not hard to make a group, they should not feel entitled to reserving anything just because they made a group". Well why don't you just take your time and putting together a group, and you will see how annoying it is when someone dcs, leaves, etc and you have to find new people to join before the domino effect sets in and the whole group is leaving.

Then we have the people who think this is to resolve the high end guild selling runs to other players, its not, with the 80% guild members req, this will still be.

Good Luck in legion, I will probably NOT be joining you for this expansion, I see too many changes that wasn't needed that removed my choice of how I wanted to play the game. It's sad because I used to love this game, and its a shame to see it turning into another PG6 game where blizzard is trying to hold your hand all the way through the game.
    Last edited by Keniwa; 2016-07-23 at 11:01 AM.

Bye ninja, hello alot of pugs
    fixed now

/10char

They will get even more complain Tickets since now the "reserved" Items depend on the cooperation of all players that joined.

A requester that all need to confirmed when the leader wants to change the loot Option after entering the instance would have been better.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    fixed now

/10char
    And how is this helping you out with ninjas? If you think ninjas is a big problem, don't join a masterloot group. Join a personal loot group.

This change was made specifically due to ninja looters. The change eliminates the problem, so there is no issue. No one cares about Joe Schmuck who used to run pugs to reserve that 1 piece of loot he needed. There will be more than enough groups running pugs.

oh wow.... you fail to understand that its not about YOU. Ninja was a huge Problem in PuGs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keniwa View Post
    And how is this helping you out with ninjas? If you think ninjas is a big problem, don't join a masterloot group. Join a personal loot group.
    Yes join the PL Group... Join the fucking PL Group, out of 100 PuGs 1 is PL

The only Problem i have with that is that u can get max 2 items now

Ninjas change the loot to master before the pull and grab all for themself. That is why it is called Ninja looting. A quick Stealth attack to steal your stuff.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    Great change! I only joined PL-Loot PuGs anyway, but it was always annoying to filter out all the Ninja-ML-Grps.

Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    fixed now

/10char
    "Only ninjas and guilds use master loot"

What a load of BS

Either the leader had reserved an item that I didn't need anyway
    And there is the reason for the change I'd say, they simply don't want people reserving stuff as it probably causes a lot of confusion and support issues from some players. Not to mention how it promotes unbalanced raids class wise.

I don't care either way tbh as they made loot tradable with PL.

Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    oh wow.... you fail to understand that its not about YOU. Ninja was a huge Problem in PuGs

- - - Updated - - -

Yes join the PL Group... Join the fucking PL Group, out of 100 PuGs 1 is PL

The only Problem i have with that is that u can get max 2 items now
    Make your own damn group if you have such a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    People really do get so upset about the most stupid things. Having personal loot makes pugs so much easier. If anything it will make pugs more popular. Not having to worry about loot distribution as a leader and as one of the raiders is just one less thing to be concerned with. It then just comes to your own luck, and there is no saltyness when you lose a loot roll to some dps not pulling their weight or whatever.
    Except no, people get upset because blizzard is removing big parts of the game that wasn't broken, and they put in new stuff that is worse, look at the silence system, that system will be abused by people selling loot runs, now they can get their guild to report their competitors and get them silenced for selling something in trade chat.

This is your personal opinion, you like personal loot better and I'm not saying you shouldn't have that opinion, but I can tell you a lot of people value the fact that they can SEE the loot at the boss corpse.

I don't see why blizzard feel the need to REMOVE options, this system has worked for 12 years now, yes some people can't be trusted, but they fixed that by ADDING an option for people like you, who do not trust master loot groups.

PL is better anyway.

-More loot
    -PL accomodates group comp. Think of a group with only druids and demon hunters. Only leather will drop.
    -Faster. Kill boss -> start on trash right off the bat. With ML, people who were interested in loot would stay behind and not help kill.
    -Sniping off-spec gear. You can come in as a healer, even if you want dps gear.

ML is outdated for pug play and only the stubborn can't see the benefits. Even for guild play, it's better for non-competitive casual guilds who only go the /roll route.

Except no, people get upset because blizzard is removing big parts of the game that wasn't broken, and they put in new stuff that is worse, look at the silence system, that system will be abused by people selling loot runs, now they can get their guild to report their competitors and get them silenced for selling something in trade chat.

This is your personal opinion, you like personal loot better and I'm not saying you shouldn't have that opinion, but I can tell you a lot of people value the fact that they can SEE the loot at the boss corpse.

I don't see why blizzard feel the need to REMOVE options, this system has worked for 12 years now, yes some people can't be trusted, but they fixed that by ADDING an option for people like you, who do not trust master loot groups.
    The problem was that 90%+ of groups were ML, which is bullshit. The ninja'ing that was going on was out of hand, and it has now been addressed. So yes, having ML as an option in Pugs was indeed "broken".

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    And there is the reason for the change I'd say, they simply don't want people reserving stuff as it probably causes a lot of confusion and support issues from some players. Not to mention how it promotes unbalanced raids class wise.

I don't care either way tbh as they made loot tradable with PL.
    Only tradeable if you already have higher Ilvl in that slot, which in itself is a bad design, Ilvl doesnt = to better stats.

Only tradeable if you already have higher Ilvl in that slot, which in itself is a bad design, Ilvl doesnt = to better stats.
    Wrong. You can trade an item that is the same or lower ilvl.

7+ Year Old Account
    i think this change is pretty obvious and good overall as it stops the "MS>OS means my stuff over other's stuff" when someone joins a group that says MS>OS then they ninja gear and you try to get that piece and gms cant help cause you dident ask the loot rules.. also stops reserving in pugs, giving your freinds "roll modifiers" or right out telling people they dident do the top dps and dont deserve gear

there is alot of reasons, and this will make the gm's lives alot easier and hopefully shorten the wait time on tickets, because people wont be complaining someone else got the piece of gear they wanted...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Wrong. You can trade an item that is the same or lower ilvl.
    That is what I just said? If YOU have an item with a higher Ilvl than the item that dropped, then yes you can trade it. However, often times, its not really about the ilvl but also the stats on said item.

That is what I just said? If YOU have an item with a higher Ilvl than the item that dropped, then yes you can trade it. However, often times, its not really about the ilvl but also the stats on said item.
    It does not have to be higher. If you are wearing a 720 trinket, and a 720 trinket drops for you, you can trade it.

7+ Year Old Account
    so if you get a item you dont need... as its stats suck for you... you can give it away...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content