Quote Originally Posted by Garalon View Post
    wow they fixed unending thirst. you need to have a blood shield up to get DS damage bonus and leech.
    used to be free leech on DS but they fixed it now... actually requires a blood shield up
    shoulda been that way in the first palce anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Bear > DK / War > Pally > Monk / DH imo atm for raids in legion.
    So after reading up a bit... is this generally agreed upon? Because I'm reading Palas become really good with artifact power @ 110, and Warriors' Ignore Pain makes them top tank @ 110 Legion raids too...

Any thoughts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbalplz View Post
    So after reading up a bit... is this generally agreed upon? Because I'm reading Palas become really good with artifact power @ 110, and Warriors' Ignore Pain makes them top tank @ 110 Legion raids too...

Any thoughts?
    I'll level a DH alt for sure. People complained about Brewmasters at the start of WoD, but by the end tanking on my monk was one of the best playstyles.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbalplz View Post

Any thoughts?
    Pally is shit unless its an offtank. That doesn't exist almost every fight has 100% uptime on dmg intake both tanks except a few.

There is no agreed upon its just what most think. There is no BEST never will be never has. Pick what you play best. Except monk/dh just don't bother with those they actually are terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ameasun View Post
    I'll level a DH alt for sure. People complained about Brewmasters at the start of WoD, but by the end tanking on my monk was one of the best playstyles.
    They were pretty shit until BRF when they got overbuffed then garbages in HFC till tier.

Pally is shit unless its an offtank. That doesn't exist almost every fight has 100% uptime on dmg intake both tanks except a few.

There is no agreed upon its just what most think. There is no BEST never will be never has. Pick what you play best. Except monk/dh just don't bother with those they actually are terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

They were pretty shit until BRF when they got overbuffed then garbages in HFC till tier.
    Hmm ok, any reason why you prefer DKs over Guardian/Warrior? What is it about DKs that makes you pick it over those other 2? I don't know, this lack of mobility is killing me. Death's Advance was alright, now this Wraith Slog is pretty meh.

Not that it matters much but they got overbuffed a week before Highmaul became accessible:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    November 25
    Brewmaster
    • Guard's damage absorption shield now absorbs 100% more damage.
    • Stance of the Sturdy Ox now defers 30% of damage taken to be divided over 10 seconds (up from 20%).
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/16561637#nov25

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    December 2, 2014
    • Highmaul opens with Normal and Heroic difficulties accessible.

December 9, 2014
    • Mythic difficulty unlocks.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15142455399

Top guilds already had other tank specs geared and went with them, so these buffs didn't get a lot of attention. Plus, BRF offered much better suited gear, mastery was their best stat and you could get that in almost every slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Garalon View Post
    wow they fixed unending thirst. you need to have a blood shield up to get DS damage bonus and leech.
    used to be free leech on DS but they fixed it now... actually requires a blood shield up
    correct me or that mean the trait... is literaly not excist anymore? cause Blood shield will be eaten instantly?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    correct me or that mean the trait... is literaly not excist anymore? cause Blood shield will be eaten instantly?
    Get to 80 (or 90 w/o ossuary) and cast two back to back DS and its quite unlikely the shield would be gone under normal circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

The damage increase to Death Strike should not be under the "while Blood Shield up part", but rather a flat increase...

Shoot, I would gladly remove Meat Shield, Iron Heart, or Grim Perseverance to be replaced with a Death Strike perk. Via Increase the Max health floor or damage it deals by rank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I tried to play with sound on and it was getting super annoying hearing my DK scream every time I press Death Strike.

TBC timewalking is literally horrible even with like 15 gems

Damage seems to be untouched on some bosses vs bos though (at 730 ilvl). Can still do like 70k dps on archi so all is good.

Not sure what to think any more.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

@jellos

what is it about the demon hunter that makes them trash?

Hi guys, very interesting thread. Based on what's been said here, I went ahead and enchanted all my items with crit, and put crit gems in as many slots as I have.

However, now Icy Veins is saying that haste enchants and gems are best in slot... Can anyone comment on this?

Thank you.

Site referenced: icy-veins .com/wow/blood-death-knight-pve-tank-stat-priority

My armory: us. battle.net/wow/en/character/Zuljin/sylvona/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by sylvona View Post
    Hi guys, very interesting thread. Based on what's been said here, I went ahead and enchanted all my items with crit, and put crit gems in as many slots as I have.

However, now Icy Veins is saying that haste enchants and gems are best in slot... Can anyone comment on this?

Thank you.

Site referenced: icy-veins .com/wow/blood-death-knight-pve-tank-stat-priority

My armory: us. battle.net/wow/en/character/Zuljin/sylvona/advanced
    The icy-veins guide isnt far off but is plain bad i wouldnt look at it if you are planing to raid above heroic.
    take a look at troxs pre patch guide and lets wait for his legion guide.

as i understood it you should have a level of haste you are comfortable with and then go full crit. There were problems in the beta keeping bone shield up with spectral deflection with resulted in a haste cap, but no idea how this holds true now that spectral deflection should never be taken. looking at logs for archimonde MM crit seems superior to haste in term of dps.

Quote Originally Posted by bogate View Post
    The icy-veins guide isnt far off but is plain bad i wouldnt look at it if you are planing to raid above heroic.
    take a look at troxs pre patch guide and lets wait for his legion guide.

as i understood it you should have a level of haste you are comfortable with and then go full crit. There were problems in the beta keeping bone shield up with spectral deflection with resulted in a haste cap, but no idea how this holds true now that spectral deflection should never be taken. looking at logs for archimonde MM crit seems superior to haste in term of dps.
    Why no SD any more? *has missed something major*
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

So with the Unending thirst talent being nerfed/fixed, it seems to me skeletal shattering or Eternus is the way to go for the first 13 levels of your artifact. I was thinking this:

http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...EaARHAESEBUzAQ

or this

http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...EbARHgESEBUzAQ

for the cheap 13 levels of your artifact at legion launch. What do you all think?

The point of going down the middle-right side of the artifact first is to get Vampiric Fangs and Rattling Bones, which are generally considered our most powerful artifact traits. The nerf to Unending Thirst doesn't change that.

Taking the roundabout way to Umbilicus Eternus isn't that much of a sacrifice in terms of artifact power, because the costs will not have gotten utterly ridiculous yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Meataxe View Post
    @jellos

what is it about the demon hunter that makes them trash?
    their self healing is bad, their dps is bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnok View Post
    So with the Unending thirst talent being nerfed/fixed, it seems to me skeletal shattering or Eternus is the way to go for the first 13 levels of your artifact. I was thinking this:

http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...EaARHAESEBUzAQ

or this

http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...EbARHgESEBUzAQ

for the cheap 13 levels of your artifact at legion launch. What do you all think?
    neither. http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...ER0BEeARIQFTMB

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    Why no SD any more? *has missed something major*
    SD anymore? It was never good. It makes you lose too much.

You lose 8 RP per HS you don't cast and thats only on 1 target add 3 more per target. You do literally no dps and have so many open globals because you have to spam Marrowrend. You also lose out on many DS casts because you are losing that RP its over 1 DS per minute(we only get like 9 per minutes as it is).

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    ive read somewhere that DS applies blood shield before doing damage

Hey guys, can anyone give me a rough idea of how much Attack power and Health we will have at 110 in, oh I dont know, ~850 gear or something. Im trying do guesstimate how much damage and healing certain abilities do, but its hard when you have no real sense of what the stat values will be like.

Particularly Vampiric Fangs (Healing from HS), it sounds pretty good on paper but these things never really seem to be that useful in reality. Personally I think it would be worth the 1 point.

Quote Originally Posted by Spryte View Post
    Hey guys, can anyone give me a rough idea of how much Attack power and Health we will have at 110 in, oh I dont know, ~850 gear or something. Im trying do guesstimate how much damage and healing certain abilities do, but its hard when you have no real sense of what the stat values will be like.

Particularly Vampiric Fangs (Healing from HS), it sounds pretty good on paper but these things never really seem to be that useful in reality. Personally I think it would be worth the 1 point.
    It is not at any level of gear, on single target, worth taking. Its like 2.5-3% of our total healing.

Also Vampiric Fangs is increase on HP/Healing of Vamp Blood. You mean Blood Feast and its quite bad esp when you factor in the fact that will push the next point back a while because AP increase like crazy every point past 13.