Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I fucking hate Personal Loot...

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    How exactly is ML going to help there unless you plan on ninjaing loot?
    Because it's frustrating and a tease.

Deleted
    RIP "x item reserved" raids, you won't be missed.

Quite like the removal of it, with the introduction of the in game looking for group tool, it became nigh impossible to find pugs where some/many items were not reserved. Now, the crowd doing the reserving is gonna get buthurt i guess, but overall it was as cancerous as it gets that every group had some item reserved.

In a sense the reserving items bullshit that became extremely prevalent in wod, is now no longer possible. The "legal" ninjaing is no longer possible. Hooray for that!
    So if it stops the legal ninja bullshit that reserving through ml is, then thats fine with me. Do guild runs if you feel the need to reserve specific items for a specific person.

Deleted
    Its rare today that an item of higher ilvl is worse then an item of lower ilevel. Stats are closer then they have been before
    still possible for me as unholy id prefer a masteyr haste piece over a crit/versa one for example even with lower ilvl on first piece. and you forget trinket/tier

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Wow. This is a massive cry about not being able to ninja-loot. Reserving items is the biggest douche bag thing you can do. Its blatant cheating and it provides nothing but drama to the game. I am so glad you are leaving because the game needs less crybabies, not more.
    reserving items is totaly legal , is same as a leader could forbit all mages and druids to join. If its stated in description and/or leader says it in chat then people know they have no chance to get a reserved item if they dont like it theyre Always free to leave.

Wow. This is a massive cry about not being able to ninja-loot. Reserving items is the biggest douche bag thing you can do. Its blatant cheating and it provides nothing but drama to the game. I am so glad you are leaving because the game needs less crybabies, not more.
    First of no I don't ninja, but I do reserve 1 item that i need for a 4set bonus etc if I have to spend time babysitting the likes of you in a raid because you are to fucking lazy to make your own raid, you rather just join in and have everything handed to you.

This is a big loss for you aswell, you will see a big drop in raid being made later on in the expansion, people will not spend the time and effort it takes to make a group with personal loot, especially if they only need 1 item from that raid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post

That doesnt really answer my question and it wasnt directed at you.

You post also implies whining with no trace of arguments so you arent really valid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keniwa View Post
    First of no I don't ninja, but I do reserve 1 item that i need for a 4set bonus etc if I have to spend time babysitting the likes of you in a raid because you are to fucking lazy to make your own raid, you rather just join in and have everything handed to you.

This is a big loss for you aswell, you will see a big drop in raid being made later on in the expansion, people will not spend the time and effort it takes to make a group with personal loot, especially if they only need 1 item from that raid
    i agree with you on this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    still possible for me as unholy id prefer a masteyr haste piece over a crit/versa one for example even with lower ilvl on first piece. and you forget trinket/tier

- - - Updated - - -

reserving items is totaly legal , is same as a leader could forbit all mages and druids to join. If its stated in description and/or leader says it in chat then people know they have no chance to get a reserved item if they dont like it theyre Always free to leave.
    Its possible sure. Just rare.

Its legal to reserve an item but its douchy. Far more often because the Raid leader ends up being the worst geared in the group and the guy who has no bloody idea about tacs. Yet the one gaining all the reserved items.

I dont pug much, but this i hate.

EDITED! Apprently alot of you people can't comprehend the option you have MAKE YOUR OWN GROUP.
    Yeah that's a quite hard concept to grasp. I mean people were literally forced at gunpoint to join those groups.
    For me personally while I haven't done anything random in a while - I won't lead groups without being able to reserve loot.
    crybabies
    Pretty sure you are actually too dense to see the irony.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    There are shittons of retarded players who disagree with that. They want to join the group and have the player who's actually putting in the work to get it going have no way of gaining something extra out of it because they are both too lazy and incompetent to lead themselves.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-07-23 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post

ML is a worse tease actually. You see the item drop. You wait nervously for x amount of time. Some other doucher wins it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Yeah that's a quite hard concept to grasp. I mean people were literally forced at gunpoint to join those groups.
    For me personally while I haven't done anything random in a while - I won't lead groups without being able to reserve loot.
    Seems like a win/win situation already

Who says you end up babysitting anyways?

Also, a loss? where? i see so many groups reserving the items for the class i play, i for sure wont miss thoose groups, as they were already non existant to me since raiding with no chance at loot is quite literally pointless, especially when pugging.
    Theres also the thing that many of theese groups may now be more well balanced as they are no longer without whatever 2-3 classes can now not roll on tier tokens or the like.

Deleted
    I think overall its a great change. Its not like PUG numbers will dwindle because people who did ML reserve runs before won't do those groups anymore, lets be serious.

I think the fundamental issue being discussed isn't the amount of pugs dwindling though, its the removal of the option to set ML in pugs, so let me focus a bit on that

-> its not like the ML groups had improved setups or an easier time clearing the raid. In fact its quite the opposite, since for example if I reserve X item from archimonde, many specs needing X are very unlikely to join. If I have 32131011ilvl and reserving items, its usually tied to someone having no ilvl, which is in the raid, canceling the benefit out anyway.

->its not like the ML did a significant amount of effort. Listing a group in the Blizzard premade feature, which conveniently also shows you ilvls and provides a quick invite interface isn't exactly a lot of work. Ultimately the core issue is the entitlement got to the point of "If I am creating this raid, I DESERVE to get X,Y,Z" often for no other reason than actually creating the raid.

This is a great chanage.
    I don't join pugs that often but this chanage is something that might make me do so more often.

Its possible sure. Just rare.

Its legal to reserve an item but its douchy. Far more often because the Raid leader ends up being the worst geared in the group and the guy who has no bloody idea about tacs. Yet the one gaining all the reserved items.

I dont pug much, but this i hate.
    Yeah and you are always free to leave the group if that is how you feel. Neither you nor I have to play with people we don't want to play with, And I agree with the part that if the raidleader is badly geared and just being carried, I just leave my self, or make my own raid if I have the time.

However often the raidleader is the one who is actually on an alt and raiding mythic with his main, if he reserves and item he might have to lower the standards of the members joining, but it is all his choice who he is inviting.

It might be douchy, but so is joining the raid and being AFK until the pull.

Seems like a win/win situation already
    Where did the evil reserved loot raidlead touch you ? You don't dare to talk on teamspeak so you couldn't open one yourself ? Get therapy.
    It might be douchy
    Still as long as the lead makes sure the group is successful I don't see much of an issue. Again people willing to lead and capable are rare.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-07-23 at 11:47 AM.

That doesnt really answer my question and it wasnt directed at you.

You post also implies whining with no trace of arguments so you arent really valid
    I did have an argument. Personal Loot is frustrating and a tease when you get loads of items you don't need. Maybe learn to read... And you probably shouldn't tell me or others that they aren't valid you random scumfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    ML is a worse tease actually. You see the item drop. You wait nervously for x amount of time. Some other doucher wins it.
    I disagree because it's nice to see the chance to win it and have some form of active control however small such as simply having to roll. I find it a more positive situation than the game just handing me some junk, even if nothing for me drops it's still entertaining to go through the loot process whilst killing mindless trash.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2016-07-23 at 11:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    RIP "x item reserved" raids, you won't be missed.
    While I'm glad that those shitty runs will now end and the douchebags who took advantage of others with said runs are foaming I can't help but think this change just adds to the ever increasing "Nanny State" that the game is morphing into. I would rather have had the community straight up refuse to do the runs and force the organizers to adapt without being forced by Blizzard. It was a pipedream, sadly.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

So the only way pugs can exist is if raid leaders have the freedom to go "LFM everything all loot that's even remotely worthwhile reserved" or the option to go go "screw you all" /ninjaloot /leave?

Deleted
    Yeah and you are always free to leave the group if that is how you feel. Neither you nor I have to play with people we don't want to play with, And I agree with the part that if the raidleader is badly geared and just being carried, I just leave my self, or make my own raid if I have the time.

However often the raidleader is the one who is actually on an alt and raiding mythic with his main, if he reserves and item he might have to lower the standards of the members joining, but it is all his choice who he is inviting.

It might be douchy, but so is joining the raid and being AFK until the pull.
    I am free to leave the group.

However with the new change i will feel the need to leave a lot less groups. Saving me valuable time. Which i like a lot.

"Where did the evil reserved loot raidlead touch you ?"

Are you implying you somehow touched me over the interwebz?

That is both disturbing and disgusting.