Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    No matter how much one would like to dictate for fellows you play with, there's absolutely no point whatsoever doing so in quickplay. Since ranked got added, people are now able to choose just how much they want to aim for a win and compete 100%.

You need to divorce yourself from the mindset of the min-max when you enter quickplay, if it happens because you catch a bunch of likeminded people then friend the fuck out of them and make connections, then play with those.

Matchmaking and a casual game mode with no real stakes, only way to circumvent the natural crowd is to remove the random element.

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    How is it possible to have fun in a competitive game where you get raped in a game?
    if you want to play competitively, you play ranked. if you want to have fun, you play quick match.

I could see a situation where every time they add a new hero, everyone picks that hero in unranked. Could lead to some massively negative feelings about adding chars and unranked play every time they do it.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

It's a valid point in the title. Competitive is when you should be serious, pick for the team, etc etc.

Unranked is not all that. They may have came off playing ranked and want a less serious game, maybe they want to play a specific hero because they have been unable to all day, etc. If you're trying to force them onto someone else, they may as well of kept playing ranked then.

I get what you're saying, but it's a double edged sword. You can say that too them, but at the same time if you want that style of game why don't you play ranked yourself?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    if you want to play competitively, you play ranked. if you want to have fun, you play quick match.
    The game is a competitive game, as zou play against other players. Heck knows why people say a PvP game, whatever game mode played, is not competitive.

And you guys think I am talking about Ana the whole time, I am not. I play about every hero that simply does not fit the situation given, like playing a Bastion when the other team is only Genjis.

Personally a good game is not necessarily a game won, as long as it´s equal I enjoy the game and in those cases I don´t mind losing. While the secondary goal is to win, the primary should always be to have fun. But that´s my point of view and that´s what you´re seeing - a simple difference in attitudes. If you want to have people around you with the same attitude, you should build a premade-group and queue as such.

The game is a competitive game, as zou play against other players. Heck knows why people say a PvP game, whatever game mode played, is not competitive.

And you guys think I am talking about Ana the whole time, I am not. I play about every hero that simply does not fit the situation given, like playing a Bastion when the other team is only Genjis.
    Furthermore I do agree with play what you want. QM is the place to train and learn. You can learn a class to a small degree against bots but the real training occurs against other players, as every player offers you a different experience to which you have to adapt to while bots will remain the same within their limited programming.
    Last edited by Chrotesque; 2016-07-23 at 01:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    One guy freaked out and suggested that QM was not the time to learn this
    What a weird point of view. Where else WOULD you learn about a character? Bots? Yeahright..

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a person that does anything to win. Not only in games. I am the same person in real life, too. I want to be succesful. I work hard for my job (and I worked hard to get that awesome job where I am able to earn a lot of money while having fun), I work hard in games to win.

Does that mean that you, who don't care at all in games, don't care for anything in real life at all, too?
    For many people and myself included "winning" and success is defined by accomplishing personal goals, in the case of playing a videogame like Overwatch that goal is probably to have fun, or to learn a new hero or just pass the time. In your case it appears to be accomplishing objectives set by your superiors.

But in games overall you only get flamed if you ask in a really friendly way if those people can change something. But that's humanity these days I guess.
    It's a crappy thing to tell somebody else how they should play the game, you must not have much social awareness if you don't understand why that is. If you can't accept the decision making process of other people and lack the personal flexibility to adapt then stick to playing with friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elderahn View Post
    What a weird point of view. Where else WOULD you learn about a character? Bots? Yeahright..
    Seen a couple of those players. When you check their profile they are around rank 30. Pretty sure they gave up on competitive and now try to play QP more seriously because people there play worse there for all the reasons already mentioned in this topic

you have absolutely no right to tell people how to play in quick match. Competitive is for playing serious while quick match is for people to have fun whichever way they want. THEY BOUGHT THE GAME so they have every right to decide how to play it. You are not our boss, you are just a player that gets to decide how he plays and only how he plays not how others play.

As stated in the title, this is the sentence I hate the most when playing unranked because my friends are not online for ranked games.

How is it possible to have fun in a competitive game where you get raped in a game?
    I mean, I don't have problems with losing. As long as the game was really nice. But if you get completely wrecked by the other team because of your bad setup, how can you enjoy a game?

Typical scenario: Low level Genji getting counterpicked, does no damage at all and dies the whole time pretty fast. Not even trying to counterpick the enemy though. How are you able to enjoy this game when you get nothing done?
    Not only for your own mentality, but you also destroy the game experience of others in this game.

How can somebody not care for anything at all?

I am a person that does anything to win. Not only in games. I am the same person in real life, too. I want to be succesful. I work hard for my job (and I worked hard to get that awesome job where I am able to earn a lot of money while having fun), I work hard in games to win.

Does that mean that you, who don't care at all in games, don't care for anything in real life at all, too?

But in games overall you only get flamed if you ask in a really friendly way if those people can change something. But that's humanity these days I guess.

Beside that, there are also people doing this in ranked, though not that often (but I guess if you are low rank it's happening more often, at least I am higher rank with my friends :P)
    fixed it for you...

its ranked, play what you want

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    I'm gonna be honest bro... I use QP as a practice method. I honestly don't care what others are playing. QP is like "Who's Line is it Anyway?" The rules are made up and the points don't matter. I'm going to practice what I want to practice no matter what everyone else is palying.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    I have this game. I don't play this game due to this kind of mindset. Its the same in other games like League. Too rigid. I play for my fun and not your enjoyment. Tough shit if you don't like it. Sometimes gaming is not about winning. Plenty of games are just fun to play.

(Prop hunt in Garry's mod is a prime example. Its just fun to play)
    Then don't play team games?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    But if you keep swapping every time you get countered, even if you're the counter to someone on the opposing team.. What do you do? And how do you learn how to do reasonable against your counters if you just give up every time you see them?
    Where did I even say any of that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    And I'll do that when I'm playing with others, but in solo queue I'm there to learn a specific character, or to dick around, not be serious
    Glad you don't give a shit about your teammates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    For many people and myself included "winning" and success is defined by accomplishing personal goals, in the case of playing a videogame like Overwatch that goal is probably to have fun, or to learn a new hero or just pass the time. In your case it appears to be accomplishing objectives set by your superiors.

It's a crappy thing to tell somebody else how they should play the game, you must not have much social awareness if you don't understand why that is. If you can't accept the decision making process of other people and lack the personal flexibility to adapt then stick to playing with friends.
    If you're not a team player, don't play team games.* ... fixed it for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

A team game merely means you're playing in a group, not that you're obligated to compromise your preferred play style.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I mean you can cry about this as much as you want, the big majority of players that play competitive use quick play as their training ground for heroes they are not good at. That is just it by definition now. If you want to play seriously you play competitive if you want to just play around you go quick play. Even blizzard commented something like this in one of the dev interviews iirc.

I don't even get what this whole thread is about really. this seems to be obvious to pretty much 90% of the people in the thread and then there are the 10% that go QQ because people don't do what they want in quickplay. This is like crying on a zombie deathmatch rpg modded Counterstrike server that people are not playing seriously

Deleted
    I understand your point of view OP, but I agree with people who say that it's just Quick Play and they pick what they want to play. Rarely do I comment on other players choices but if I play something that doesn't work, I switch. But never comment in advance before the match even starts. Torbjörn on Attack? WHAT? Yes, he can really shine if you get the chance so don't comment before the game even starts. Same goes for Bastion; he can also be extremely good in attacking (that mini gun of his can shred a defense so quickly).

What I don't approve is plain and simple trolling. Like someone who picks Mei and keeps blocking his/her entire team constantly. Or using Symmetra and placing a teleporter which leads to a fissure (insta-death). Quick Play is there so people can have fun. There is room to fool around with new tactics but trolling your own team doesn't have a place in Overwatch or any game for that matter.

I'm going to assume that 90% or more of the people that normally play quick play/unranked, are people like me, who play for fun or to kill time. I don't know ANYTHING about team comps, or what hero counters what, or what heroes are optimal for what map. And you know what? I don't care in the least. Am I getting paid to play this game? Nope. So I have no intention of treating it like a job, where I must play at 100% optimal efficiency. I would guarantee that almost all of us that are playing wrong are having fun. Not everyone cares about being competitive. Not everyone cares about winning. Not everyone thinks the same way. That's just how the world works. Deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You said they should change if they were getting countered. Instead of trying to learn how to play around their counter.
    There's a difference between not giving a shit and prioritising my enjoyment

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's unreasonable to expect everyone to be good at EVERY character. I'd still do better being "countered" with a hero I'm familiar with than switching to someone I suck with (like snipers).

It is unranked. People should play what they want.

If you are bad at Genji, I would 1000000000x rather that you practice in unranked (even if you suck, even if they have a good comp against you) than practice in ranked.

While the game should be enjoyable to everyone, perhaps that Genji payer is enjoying getting a chance at playing Genji (since he normally never does), and it shouldn't matter if you win or lose in unranked.

If you want players to pick good comps and have competitive/close games, go queue ranked... even if you are solo.