How i see them playing out the next expansions.

Yes i might be saying what people already know, i'm not that deep into lore, i've just read a bit here and there. But i though i'd give my two cents anyway, this is how i think the storylines are going to be played out.

1-> We stop the legion invasion for now, maybe even fight the avatar of sargeras, maybe not. But this is confirmed to end the threat of legion we need to take the attack to them.

2-> We find more about elune and the titan that is Azeroth or currently on Azeroth, get some light shed there and maybe even activate the titan in the coming expansions, but for that we need to get rid of the corruptions within.

3-> After the first stop, massive legion outbreak somehow again and this time Nzoth weakened and along with the nagas show up to battle, we need any allies that we can to withhold the attack of the legion in azeroth. (This is mostly taken from another speculation thread, will add source later)

4-> We get a final tier raid with the legion attack mixed along with naga and nzoth, who have their reasons to fight against the legion as well. We get to fight the avatar of Sargeras with endless armies of the legion invading and that's the time we get to see our death vision we had from HFC and in that duration we are almost defeated, if it wasn't for Nzoth who starts devouring all the legion army and taking their power untill the avatar is greatly weakened and we finish it off.

5-> Where we think the legion threat has been stopped for now and we could actually go and regain our power, that's the time when Nzoth who has now been empowered by devouring the legion armies and a bit of the avatar of sargeras has taken hold. I'm not sure how they can play this out, but i'd love to see an instanced Kalimdor or Eastern Kingdoms ( Would love if they did both ) which is all zone-scaled and has been invaded by the terrors of the final old god and queen azshara. They could do this bit by bit, like the plague begins. Lots of the inhabitants of the areas starts getting infected by the old gods and slowly turn into their followers and they could also go down the zandalari storyline along with it. This would be a kick ass expansion.

6-> This whole expansion, we fight off the old gods threat once and for all and discover about the titan that azeroth is or the titan that azeorth beholds and how do we get it activate, but to do that we need to fend off Nzoth and the Queens armies. We end up killing nzoth with the help of several heroes throughout, meanwhile queen azshara escapes to argus and teams up with sargeras again.

7-> After the corruption of azeroth is finally over, we get a confrontation from the real threats, the badass, the shadow, void-lords and we understand how the old gods shit happened and how powerful void-lords are above the titans.

8-> We understand the gravity of the situation we are at, one side Sargeras and the burning legion who won't stop invading and on the other side the Void-Lords who we know very little about, but understand that the threat is imminent.

9-> We now need the most powerful entities in the warcraft universe to fight these threats and we need to take the fight to them. And that is how we awaken the titan that is on Azeroth or is azeroth. It's hindered by some thing yada yada, but mostly it gets activated and now it's time to take the fight to argus.

10.-> At this point i feel, blizzard can go ahead in the direction of Titan mmo or WoW 2 even, but if they don't i see an awesome 2-3 expansions on invading Argus, the stronghold of the legion. We can even get to see ethereals playing a huge role amongst other gazzillion races they can make or use.

I know my speculation might have a lot of plot holes and probably wouldn't make sense, i hope it did make sense lol. This is not structured properly, just vague thoughts put on as points, i hope you bare with it.
    But yeah i'm no lore master neither am i too much engulfed into warcraft storyline, i've just started out recently reading/watching videos and getting to know stuff about the warcraft universe.

This is just my amateur speculation on how things are going to play out and if it does, i'm quite sure we are in for an epic adventure.

Personally, I wouldn't mind two expansions in a row of fighting Legion. Legion I ends with us losing (satisfying a lot of people who want that outcome) and sends us into hiding/holding out best we can. Legion II begins with us rallying whatever we have left and fighting them on our homelands until it concludes with some kind of miracle happening that pushes Legion back. Something like N'zoth or a surviving Titan or even the races we've helped in the past returning to help US (like the Ethereals) and we manage to pluck them off Azeroth long enough to rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't mind two expansions in a row of fighting Legion. Legion I ends with us losing (satisfying a lot of people who want that outcome) and sends us into hiding/holding out best we can. Legion II begins with us rallying whatever we have left and fighting them on our homelands until it concludes with some kind of miracle happening that pushes Legion back. Something like N'zoth or a surviving Titan or even the races we've helped in the past returning to help US (like the Ethereals) and we manage to pluck them off Azeroth long enough to rebuild.
    I actually think we will be fighting Legion and by the end so no side is beaten directly and looks weak, N'zoth and Azshara make their move so what's left of the Legion retreat for now knowing they need more forces to deal with us (After closing their portals and killing off so many demons, demon leaders etc).

We on the other side have an immediate fresh threat and we get an immediate transition to the next expansion with N'zoth and the Naga.
    That way the Legion recuperates and it gives us pause from having lots of Legion expansions in a row, having some variety in the story and having a break from the green color :P

I imagine then we get some unknown themed expansion about something, maybe discovering the secrets of Azeroth and such, Uldum/Uldaman stuff.
    At the end we maybe discover something awesome that can help us against the Legion and exactly then the Legion strikes once more after recuperating for 2 expansions.

There we fight it back and take the fight to them, just as we are getting the upper hand and seem to finally wipe them off once and for all, I bet some time travel thing happens somehow because of someone and we are thrown back to the past in some form so that's another expansion and from there who knows... They need a plan to keep WoW expansions alive because with this Legion threat it looks as if we are almost done and that can't be real...

PS: I must mention that in my opinion MoP had a really deep and awesome story overall with the races and integrating it into the overall story of Warcraft so I imagine they can come up with stuff like that again... Hopefully...

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    I actually think we will be fighting Legion and by the end so no side is beaten directly and looks weak, N'zoth and Azshara make their move so what's left of the Legion retreat for now knowing they need more forces to deal with us (After closing their portals and killing off so many demons, demon leaders etc).

We on the other side have an immediate fresh threat and we get an immediate transition to the next expansion with N'zoth and the Naga.
    That way the Legion recuperates and it gives us pause from having lots of Legion expansions in a row, having some variety in the story and having a break from the green color :P

I imagine then we get some unknown themed expansion about something, maybe discovering the secrets of Azeroth and such, Uldum/Uldaman stuff.
    At the end we maybe discover something awesome that can help us against the Legion and exactly then the Legion strikes once more after recuperating for 2 expansions.

There we fight it back and take the fight to them, just as we are getting the upper hand and seem to finally wipe them off once and for all, I bet some time travel thing happens somehow because of someone and we are thrown back to the past in some form so that's another expansion and from there who knows... They need a plan to keep WoW expansions alive because with this Legion threat it looks as if we are almost done and that can't be real...

PS: I must mention that in my opinion MoP had a really deep and awesome story overall with the races and integrating it into the overall story of Warcraft so I imagine they can come up with stuff like that again... Hopefully...
    Why does the legion threat make it feel like we're nearing the end? Blizzard can and will create endless expansions for WoW. They just upgraded the engine so nothing is really keeping them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Why does the legion threat make it feel like we're nearing the end? Blizzard can and will create endless expansions for WoW. They just upgraded the engine so nothing is really keeping them back.
    Well Legion is one of the main villains and we are entering a huge conflict with them... Other big fights we have is N'zoth and Azshara then it's Legion again? Void lords at the end combining the Legion yet again in some way? :P
    Hard to think of other plots that don't involve time travel... And usually time travel comes out lame :S

Well Legion is one of the main villains and we are entering a huge conflict with them... Other big fights we have is N'zoth and Azshara then it's Legion again? Void lords at the end combining the Legion yet again in some way? :P
    Hard to think of other plots that don't involve time travel... And usually time travel comes out lame :S
    They can always introduce:
    - New powerful, technology advanced races in other planets in the universe
    - New extremely powerful demons hiding in deep corner of the Nether that even Sargeras didn't know about
    - Maybe some kind of new Fel Lords (the Fel equivalent of Void Lords, not that big Fel Guard) that have been lurking around, watching the war between Light and Void.
    - Maybe the Naarus will decide to finally take matter in their own hands and control us like pawns for their order of the Light, and the heroes of Azeroth just go "Nope, we will control our own destinies", leading to an expansion in which we fight the Naaru themselves.
    - Dark Titans (or Dark Pantheon) - the Titans corrupted in another corner of the universe while Sargeras were focusing on us, finally reaching Azeroth after consuming their side of our universe.

All in all, there are plenty of things they can bring in to prolong the stories for another 10 years if they want to =P
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

There is no way in hell we'll be done, the most important aspect of legion is to note that no matter how many demons we kill at Azeroth, they will just keep coming back again and again unless we kill them off in the the Nether. Since that part is confirmed, there is no way in hell that the signs of another legion invasion is the signs of the legion storyline ending, plus i'm quite sure blizzard is smart enough to play out the storylines as much as they can and juice out money, unless they have something else up their sleeves.

- - - Updated - - -

We have lots of lore warcraft has to offer, there are so many places that we haven't experienced ingame yet, such as Kul'Tiras, Tel Abim. They can also play out the zandalari storyline, that's certainly not done with. The trolls deserve their own expansion.

Many possibilities for expansions.

- Azshara
    - N'zoth
    - Zandalari
    - Other continents on Azeroth
    - Civil War or faction conflict reaches breaking point
    - Argus
    - Emerald Dream
    - @Golden Yak's ideas (spider kingdom, Ethereal homeworld)

Put it this way... Nobody predicted the last 4 expansions. Absolutely nobody thought Cataclysm would be a thing back in Wrath (and there were a bunch of crazy expansion ideas then as well with half the forums convinced Emerald Dream would be next expansion because of Valithria). People thought Mists of Pandaria trademark was for a new comic or mini-series because... Surely Blizzard wouldn't give us a fluffy panda expansion. And WoD? Lol, Blizzard kept WoD under such lockdown that people literally had absolutely no freakin' idea what the expansion would be until the very minute of Blizzcons reveal (and I tell ya, MMO-C was a warzone that day with fake leaks and ridiculous theories).

The next expansion could be anything, but what's for certain is WoW will never stop with expansions. Ever.

Deleted
    I miss the simpler times really, with more relatable Lore.
    You know, knights, Orcs, castles and Dragons.

All I ever wanted besides the conclusion to the Lich King story was some sort of restoratio of Stomgarde, but it seems we will be fighting space aliens and Unicron

Deleted
    We know that final battle against Legion takes place far in the future (Anduin is old) so it's unlikely that we'll get to that point unless Blizzard decides to do a huge time skip.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    We know that final battle against Legion takes place far in the future (Anduin is old) so it's unlikely that we'll get to that point unless Blizzard decides to do a huge time skip.
    Well it might not just be against the legion, it might be against the shadow ( Void-lords ) too. I lean more towards the shadow cause velen is the one standing with him.