Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sk68 View Post

So for people who used to reserve gear I say 'GOOD FUCKIN' RIDDANCE' and may we have more PuG raid leaders that want to raid for the love of the game and for the love the people in the game.
    Well written and well said. I couldn't agree more. I took a long break from this game, and reading threads like this one remind me why I left. This is a great change that will improve PUGs and hopefully the community in general. I avoided ML pugs like the plague when I was playing, and the mentality of the folks in this thread advocating for them is exactly why. Even if ML could work, it doesn't, because the people that want it, only want it because they believe that everyone else is simply a means to an end, so they have no problem screwing everyone else over at the first chance they get. The more of these people that leave because they can't get what they want at the expense of everyone else, the better it will be for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    One person is a sea of millions, it's like all the people who saw gorillas yet because a handful of people didn't see them they didn't exist until 1902.
    Wether gorillas, er ninjas, exist isn't even a point in the matter. We all know they do. The main point I was trying to get across is, personal loot pugs existed alongside master loot pugs. There were less, yes, but they were there. So both sides of the argument had pugging options, but now? The people who hate personal loot (and I'm not talking raid leaders here, but the people who pug into the group) have no option to pug, at all, while the personal loot side gains a couple more raids. That's it, one side loses everything, other side gains minimally.

Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    oh wow.... you fail to understand that its not about YOU. Ninja was a huge Problem in PuGs

- - - Updated - - -

Yes join the PL Group... Join the fucking PL Group, out of 100 PuGs 1 is PL

The only Problem i have with that is that u can get max 2 items now
    If only 1% of people want this change, its probably a bad change.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    If only 1% of people want this change, its probably a bad change.
    Now prove only 1% of the people wanted it or like it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

It's a great change for people that like to pug. It will remove a very negative aspect of it and let people focus on actually pugging. There will still be plenty of people willing to lead. If you look at GW2 you can see that leading with absolutely no incentives is actually a great design. Masterloot was cancer for pugs.

So OP complains about not being able to ninja anymore. Nice!
    It's the best change for pug looting rules since Pepsi Max became a thing!

OP, stop ninjaing.

Quote Originally Posted by Keniwa View Post
    EDITED! Apprently alot of you people can't comprehend the option you have MAKE YOUR OWN GROUP. You complain about having TOO many ML groups, then why don't you take your time to make your own with PL. Yes I know, because it takes fucking ages making a group. And that is why we should let the person spending that time putting a group together for YOU aswell, let them decide what kind of loot rules THEY want in their group. Or make your damn own grp.

This game is turning into something bad really really fast, they might aswell tell us that we have to play it with our parents by our side. They are removing so many player decisions.

With the prepatch blizzard has decided to disable masterloot option in pugs.

First of all, if you see masterloot as a problem for you, perhaps you should either:
    1) Make your own group and choose the loot rules you want?
    2) Perhaps join a group WITHOUT masterloot

It's actually that simple.

Is this to stop ninjalooting? I don't know, I have raided every single week during WOD, in a pug up until halfway through HFC when I unsubbed, and let me tell you, I still haven't seen a single person ninjaloot anything. Either the leader had reserved an item that I didn't need anyway, or it went smoothly with no ninja looting.

The only problem that occurred would be people leaving after a specific boss, tanks after iskar etc trying to get a trinket or a healer at socrethar. And then we had to wait a long time to get a new person to join, this is all due to the fact that people can come and go as they please in the raids now.

Also for the people who think this will help you finding groups, well here is a news flash, it won't. The people who did these pug-runs and reserved that last item they needed, because THEY set up the group and THEY spend effort and a long time to do so, they won't bother putting together a group for you anymore.

This change will only hurt the playerbase in the long run. And to all you people saying, "Oh but its not hard to make a group, they should not feel entitled to reserving anything just because they made a group". Well why don't you just take your time and putting together a group, and you will see how annoying it is when someone dcs, leaves, etc and you have to find new people to join before the domino effect sets in and the whole group is leaving.

Then we have the people who think this is to resolve the high end guild selling runs to other players, its not, with the 80% guild members req, this will still be.

Good Luck in legion, I will probably NOT be joining you for this expansion, I see too many changes that wasn't needed that removed my choice of how I wanted to play the game. It's sad because I used to love this game, and its a shame to see it turning into another PG6 game where blizzard is trying to hold your hand all the way through the game.
    No. They are so jealous of organized raids that may need on or two bodies that they want to ruin it for everyone else. "I pay 14 dollars I should gets mah loots".
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Now prove only 1% of the people wanted it or like it.
    JT, you're the master of pulling random numbers out of your ass and never proving anything. So I don't care to prove anything to you. I was using the numbers the person I quoted gave.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    It's a great change for people that like to pug. It will remove a very negative aspect of it and let people focus on actually pugging. There will still be plenty of people willing to lead. If you look at GW2 you can see that leading with absolutely no incentives is actually a great design. Masterloot was cancer for pugs.
    Thats horseshit though. Leading raids are a lot of work. I'm not necessarily saying the leader "deserves" stuff in exchange, but thats not great design either.... especially with how uncooperative and apathetic players can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    So OP complains about not being able to ninja anymore. Nice!
    It's the best change for pug looting rules since Pepsi Max became a thing!

OP, stop ninjaing.
    It has nothing whatsoever to do with ninja looting. It is my group's raid, we will run it how we always do. If you do not like how loot is distributed while we help you accomplish bosses you would not have had you still been sitting under your rock refusing to join a successful guild then join another group. Don't enact a system that will remove any chance whatsoever of experienced players helping the not so competent.

Thats horseshit though. Leading raids are a lot of work. I'm not necessarily saying the leader "deserves" stuff in exchange, but thats not great design either.... especially with how uncooperative and apathetic players can be.
    Simple fix....

If you raid (Or dungeon lead for 5mans) lead u get one bonus roll on loot. To be clear only in pre-made groups not in queable systems like LFD/LFR.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

How should I punish shitters who can't deal with mechanics now?

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    It has nothing whatsoever to do with ninja looting. It is my group's raid, we will run it how we always do. If you do not like how loot is distributed while we help you accomplish bosses you would not have had you still been sitting under your rock refusing to join a successful guild then join another group. Don't enact a system that will remove any chance whatsoever of experienced players helping the not so competent.
    Make a guild group or accept the loot system in place. I clearly all of NM many times (No interest in heroic) and didn't have to join a "Successful Guild" like yours.

I rarely take items over someone who needs and deserves it. And never over a guild member. The loudest proponents for this new shit system are the ones that are going to show up wanting in heroic raids wearing 50 ilvl below the rest of the group and wanting to glom on to ALL the gear because they "need" it.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    How should I punish shitters who can't deal with mechanics now?
    By removing them from your group.

- - - Updated - - -

I rarely take items over someone who needs and deserves it. And never over a guild member. The loudest proponents for this new shit system are the ones that are going to show up wanting in heroic raids wearing 50 ilvl below the rest of the group and wanting to glom on to ALL the gear because they "need" it.
    Here is a idea....

Don't let those people in your group.

Make a guild group or accept the loot system in place. I clearly all of NM many times (No interest in heroic) and didn't have to join a "Successful Guild" like yours.
    "No interest in heroic". That says all anyone needs to know about your ability in a raid setting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seattle, the land where we have good internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    fixed now

/10char
    This is pretty much all that needs to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Huh? Not even sure what you are trying to argue.
    You seemingly were whining over ninjaing and reserving items. I mean you seemingly were in the most opportune position to easily change the landscape by leading groups for all the people here without any of those constraints.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a lot of people fail to realize is that a lot of people were not doing LFG pugs because of how master loot worked. A few of my friends are ready to give it a go now that they know they won't lose gear to the "friend of a friend".
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

By removing them from your group.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a idea....

Don't let those people in your group.
    And that is exactly what I am saying genius. Blizzard effectively removed any chance of experienced players acting out of any feelings of generosity by removing their control over how loot is disseminated in their group if they go over the magic number of pug players.

Honestly I agree. I've never ninjad a single item since I started playing. How many fucking runs is that? And I've seen very few items actually ninjad either. Most of the time it wasn;t in random pugs either... it was in Wrath/Cata LFD era.