Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Too early to say. But I have some concerns. One of them is the class revamps. They took the most played class in the game and turned of one its specs into a melee spec. That's quite a risk in itself. Dunno about others but I played hunter because it was a ranged class. So that leaves two specs. When BM hunters get the artifact they will have to walk around with two animals following them, which from a gameplay point of view can get quite annoying.

Also the destruction warlock mastery and its effect on chaos bolt is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    They gutted the free gold piñata we have had for 2 years, nothing else.
    However i have seen on beta that many of the daily world quests that pop up you can select gold rewarding ones. not to mention i recieved nearly 1k gold from completing the do 4 of a specific factions dailies, you can equip your class hall followers with items that award (additional) gold and some of the dailies require you to trade or sell a like item (take the bracers for example) for the other 3 armor types so people will be able to make gold off professions for a while.

This whole expansion seems to be giving gold much more readily that wod did.

Deleted
    I think it's pretty obvious by now that it's going to be another WoD.
    Will be interesting to see how people will react since it's going to be another 2 years of the same bland design.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    for the initial 2 months sure it has - but what will happen half of year/year later ? dont forget wod launch was succesful too - it wasnt untill half of year later that 5 mln left the game
    The WoD decline started almost immediately. Net subs were down 3M by the end of Q1 2015.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Domeki View Post
    However i have seen on beta that many of the daily world quests that pop up you can select gold rewarding ones. not to mention i recieved nearly 1k gold from completing the do 4 of a specific factions dailies, you can equip your class hall followers with items that award (additional) gold and some of the dailies require you to trade or sell a like item (take the bracers for example) for the other 3 armor types so people will be able to make gold off professions for a while.

This whole expansion seems to be giving gold much more readily that wod did.
    There are certainly plenty of ways to make easy gold in Legion. You just cant spend 10 minutes over all your toons to have them gather a few thousand gold for you while you are offline now.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    They became different. Whether or not they became better or not is an individual and subjective opinion. If a player dislikes change or dislikes a lot of change all at once they may well decide that the changes made things worse. Others may have exactly the opposite reaction.

This is all so obvious I have to wonder why people continue to say stuff like this like it's some established fact.
    If different is totally neutral like you seem to be saying then what is the logic in spending vast amounts of resources changing specs when it is fairly logical to think that the people currently playing a spec are reasonably happy/ok with it ergo changes will likely just piss them off?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious by now that it's going to be another WoD.
    Will be interesting to see how people will react since it's going to be another 2 years of the same bland design.
    It won't be another wod because they won't sell half as many boxes. It'll be interesting to see if box sales flop if heads will finally roll.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    If different is totally neutral like you seem to be saying then what is the logic in spending vast amounts of resources changing specs when it is fairly logical to think that the people currently playing a spec are reasonably happy/ok with it ergo changes will likely just piss them off?
    I think the changes are aimed at average players who found the previous specs/rotations to be too complicated.

This was also for the new player who flooded in after the movie.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I think the changes are aimed at average players who found the previous specs/rotations to be too complicated.

This was also for the new player who flooded in after the movie.
    I am not so sure, they seem to have removed a lot of things that were no strictly necessary but made life easier if used properly and kept the fiddly crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I am not so sure, they seem to have removed a lot of things that were no strictly necessary but made life easier if used properly and kept the fiddly crap.
    I raided last night on a ret paladin. That rotation was definitely simplified.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I raided last night on a ret paladin. That rotation was definitely simplified.
    I can't talk for ret but on my feral, I find that I have to micro manage savage roar and bleeds far more due to their shortened duration and healing touch is still part of my rotation (I realise that these are talent choices but the alternatives are inferior) yet things like rejuvenation and faerie fire which were not part of my rotation but useful in certain situations are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    They have enough money, for WoW to go completely free. They should care even if that player is using gold for sub.
    You buying your sub with gold is giving them more money, sub is £9.99, tokens £15. Someone has to pay that £15 for the token to begin with - and I'd assume anyone buying tokens for gold would not be using it for a token - they'd be subbed. This very slight "free" slant is generating them more money than you paying the subscription. I believe this is why we are seeing gold nerfs.

But frankly, garrison generated a pittance of gold in comparison to just being clever with the auction house, I can make 100k over night in my sleep. It's not hard. I've not even stepped foot in my garrison for the last few months, I can't stand it.

OT : No, Legion is not a "flop" as some would call it, I don't even think WoD was, aside from garrisons, the expansion was great imo. few weeks on the beta and I'm happier than ever, and they've laid the groundwork for easy extension of systems, which is their biggest problem in the past, they can add new content, through he world quest system with ease.

Legion is a genuinely good game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    I hate to say it, but this failure of a pre-patch, combined with them ignoring everybody's feedback on beta for the most part is very concerning.
    Can you elaborate on this? It's hard to discuss something when you aren't explaining your point of view. As far as gold goes they are trying to re-balance the economy after the garrison made most people crazy reach. I'm pretty positive they took the token price into consideration when they took away gold rewards from the garrison. And I'm almost positive they are going to keep an eye on token sales in the AH. If they dip lower than normal I trust that they will do something. Apart from that there have always been ways to make gold outside of the garrison. That is just the simplest and laziest way.

I'm a bit concerned that artifacts are going to be boring, it's always exciting to get upgrades but I haven't played beta so I have no idea what the progression of the weapons feel like and I'm excited to give it a shot.

By too much green I'm assuming you mean fel is everywhere...okay, who cares seriously. We are fighting the legion what did you expect. And again I haven't played beta but the only green I've seen is in the demon hunter start area and some demons during the invasions. Frankly I'm more annoyed about spikes and anything remotely orc related. WoD just felt like a giant continuation of SoO to me and I think that's a huge part of why I got bored so fast. So far it looks like Legion is getting away from that aesthetic and I couldn't be happier about that.

Not enough mounts? How many have been announced, because I feel like I've seen a decent amount on here and they all look pretty awesome.

It's funny how ingame and on other forums it seems that the pre-patch was highly succesful. People are loving it. But here and on the official forums we only see people complaining. Actually, it's kinda sad how some people feel like it's a personal crusade for them to bash WoW everywhere with no valid points at all.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    LOL you get like 50 or 75 gold from occasional gold missions in Legion.
    It completely pales to the rewards you get from just doing daily world quest caches.
    It's tiny fluff that doesn't amount to anything remotely near as profitable and therefore "mandatory" as in Legion.

You also don't have Treasure missions, or follower traits for those. It's simply apples and oranges.

Yes, people with 11 characters (like myself) will probably send missions if they're playing anyway. However, Order Resources are valuable - and far better invested into things like Artifact Knowledge and the Class Order campaign missions. And if an occasional 50 gold mission squeaks in there, it's irrelevant.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzARkQzi4tw
    I am sorry, but watching the video i linked, nothing has changed in terms of alt-golding

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, literally less than a week into a prepatch and people are declaring doom and gloom. I'm enjoying the doomsayers and stoked for the mini invasions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzARkQzi4tw
    I am sorry, but watching the video i linked, nothing has changed in terms of alt-golding
    Are you simple or is it that hard to comprehend that you're literally comparing ONE quest over the course of a day or half a day, that awards MAYBE a couple hundred gold, if even that, to the literally THOUSANDS of gold per character we made in WoD with alts?

Do you even know how much more gold you make in Legion just actively playing world quests? In a fraction of the time?

No, obviously you do not.

But ofc, this is 2016, and mouthbreathers everywhere believe out-of-context youtube clips without thinking for themselves or trying anything for themselves.

I mean, you could even scroll down 5 centimeters and read the guy himself:

Can you do a guide on gold making for the actual garrison in 7.0?
    Mmrrggll Gaming
    Mmrrggll Gaming1 day ago
    I was trying to think of ways that it's still profitable, but honestly it's kind of shit. I will design something tomorrow.
    DUN-DUN-DUUUUN

Oh wait - it's NOT actually like WoD garrisons? Well, why call it that then?
    That's right, to clickbait gullible uninformed people on to their vids.

Deleted
    I hate to say it, but this failure of a pre-patch, combined with them ignoring everybody's feedback on beta for the most part is very concerning. They've gutted our ability to make gold. For me it's plain and simple, the day I don't have enough gold to pay for my sub is the day I would stop playing. They are balancing the game around us having artifact weapons. They've fucked over the lore. Blizzard seems to love the color green because this will be the 3rd expac in a row where they shove that color in our face everywhere. Also, there's barely any new mounts coming out this expansion compared to past expansions. I hate to say it, but it seems as if Legion is headed in the direction that WoD took. As in, a subpar expansion that was worse than Cataclysm.

What's everyone's thoughts on Legion and the future of WoW in general?
    To answer your question:
    Wait until a month after the expansion launches so september 30th. No need to judge an expansion which is still in Beta and not out yet. As for WoW in general, same old same old. Some players like it, dont complain, make constructive posts and keep playing, some players dont like it anymore and left the game, period, and some other players like you, complain, say they hate the game, make posts that have no sense, and keep playing. Same same.

Deleted
    with them ignoring everybody's feedback on beta
    Blahblah tiresome hyperbole..

Look mate, you're obviously very upset and throwing your toys off the pram seems like the right thing to do.
    Yet, you're still so very fucking hooked you're using terms like "is the day I would stop playing". You can't even quit.

The tone of your post is extremely bad way to start constructive thread about Legion. We might as well discuss your taste in music.
    Just quit already. Stop being so fucking upset over a videogame. Gain some perspective. Play other games. Zzzzz.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    This is what people fundamentally do not understand yet, they see Artifact weapons and think their characters are somehow going forward, but you are being stripped off your abilities and only some of them will come back. Your passives are far less until you grind them back on your artifact weapon.
    The thing I find hilarious about the whole artifact stuff is, if in WoD Blizzard had announced that there would be no weapons in the entire expansion, and instead players would just use their L100 garrosh heirlooms they got at L90 (which would be made easier to get for new players/alts) then there would have been damn riots.

Yet in Legion that is exactly what they are doing, you get one weapon at L100 that lasts you the entire expansion. The reason they are able to get away with it is because they have removed loads of abilities, removed load of talents (and used some of the removed abilities to fill gaps), removed all the glyphs, removed all the perks, etc. So that despite Legion having less customisation than WoD/MoP/etc they can add trees to the artifacts that give players the illusion they are gaining options/customisation when it's still a net loss.

Quite funny when you take a second to think about it, they managed to find a way to make them cutting their workload a selling feature of the expansion XD

I'm not impressed. I don't like the reduced camera distance. It doesn't cause headaches or anything like I've seen some people say. But I've been playing with it zoomed out since Wrath and I don't like the new perspective. I setup my main which took less than an hour, then back to the nothingness of WoD. As I set up my alts I notice the prune is real. Holy cow. I don't know if it's going to be fun, but it's certainly going to be simpler. I'm not convinced that's necessarily good. It's still early though so maybe it will get better as the events come.

I don't know how the expansion will be. I purposely didn't participate in the beta. I would rather experience it when it goes live. I've tried to keep up on some of it though and some things concern me. I wonder how fun having one weapon is going to be over the life of the entire expac. I'm worried grinding to make it more powerful is going to be more chore than fun on the long haul. I didn't care about class halls when first announced, but they seem to be gating more and more progression behind it, which I don't want. I'm not going to enjoy running all over heck on ground mounts to do world quests. The new rng stacked with rng on top of more rng for the loot system sounds like a nightmare (I'm the guy who has to kill something 20 times with a 25% drop chance to get it). I'm interested to see how long the new expac remains fun. People keep saying there are tons of stuff to do. I just don't see it. I'm hoping they are right and I'm just mistaken and it will be fun.