Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It may be idiotic but it's still what happens - and it happens due to realmhopping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Oh nice to use the same "system" all those high pop kids use, but it won't matter since their realm is dead so they can't raid properly or keep any active community going. Trying to justify a broken system by saying "but the other side can do the same" is not how it works, and it's not even the same thing.
    Thats exacly why I said that everyone playing on dead server is free to transfer.And why the fuck every system thats useful for multible purpoises, is broken? The point of realmhop is to do stuff on other realms and people there. No matter if it was raiding, dungeons, wpvp, rares, or (E)RP...

X-realm stuff is actually only thing that can keep those low-pop realms somewhat alive, since it allows you to actually play with other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Blatant lie. In 12 years there was not one transfer from small realm to bigger realm or random realm. There was always FREE transfers from full pop to medium pop. The small realms always got the short end of the stick having to pay PER CHARACTER to move.
    Everyone can transfer where ever they wish for small fee per character. No one was saying its free.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The amount it annoys me is minute compared to how useful it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemski View Post
    Everyone can transfer where ever they wish for small fee per character.
    "Small" fee that is equal to half the expansion box price. Or nearly 2 monthly subs. Per character. With no bundle offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    The should have just merged US into about 10 big realms YEARS ago.

Instead they did all this crap will realm mergers and cross realm zones and group finder (but only for some content!).
    Can't do that when they have server transfer fees they can collect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hemski View Post

Everyone can transfer where ever they wish for small fee per character. No one was saying its free.
    ROFL. Small fee? Yeah, right.

FF14 and GW2 both have sever transfer option as well; both cost less ($18 for FF14, $20 for GW2) and that's to move ALL characters one may have on a server over to a new server. To do the same thing in WoW would cost more for a single character, let alone if you wanted to move an entire alt army.

Realm hoppers are freaking annoying you should just get a debuff when leaving a group for like 5 min when your in a group shorter than 5 min

You write "the advantage low pop realms have at finding rares" is being D E S T R O Y E D. Now unless my English went dead (could be the case since Im not English native speaker myself) what you imply here is that low pop realms enjoy the advantage/benefit/privilege of having it easy at finding rares.

So again I question that logic saying: If anyone thinks that finding rares is a specific benefit and low pop realms have it good for them then please by all means transfer to a low pop and see how sweet life is on the other side.

Instead, people choose to just enter the low pop realm loot and pillage as they like and then leave. I see people who pretend to be hardcore pvpers and yet actively seek pve realms to hop into because they don't like to be found in the open and ganked.

I made a choice of server 12 yrs ago into a server that was then full. I made a life there many alts many friends the server died then was merged. Now I find myself and my server being used as a realm toilet by the full servers whereas people enter our realm kill what they like and leave. Whats in this for our server? Nothing. And then you get people saying "ye you had it all good with your rares in your low pop and that was destroyed".

If you didn't mean that and I can see that you probably didn't then you must fix your wording in your post to not look like you are bashing low pop as privileged realms. Just a friendly note not trying to argue with you.
    How about actually reading the whole topic before bashing people? My point is that low realms have just one advantage of finding rares whereas high pop realms have better AH, more guilds to join, and so on.

This is not the case of low pop realms having privilege, this is the case of 1 single thing that low pop realms used to have that high pop realms did not and even now thats gone. So I am saying realmhop shouldnt give those that already enjoy the benefits of high pop realms, the benefits of also "visiting" a low pop realm to find rares.

Now I find myself and my server being used as a realm toilet by the full servers whereas people enter our realm kill what they like and leave. Whats in this for our server? Nothing. And then you get people saying "ye you had it all good with your rares in your low pop and that was destroyed".
    Well i'm sure you kill your world bosses without help from other people or without hopping to a busy server yourself ?
    Or is realm hopping only allowed when it helps you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    Honestly I cant believe blizzard cant see how much it hurts the game.
    Realmhopping is a non-issue. I quite like hopping realms so I can kill rares and do other things on low pop servers from time to time.

I don't abuse realm hop and I don't use other realms as a toilet if thats what you are asking. It does seem though like you are one of those who feel they have a right to do so at someone else's backyard. If you can't cope with your own choices how exactly is that my problem.
    I realm hop yes, both 5 man groups for rares that drop pets and bigger groups for other stuff.
    It's not my problem you don't like me using an available option in the game to speed up things :-)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joozt View Post
    Realm hoppers are freaking annoying you should just get a debuff when leaving a group for like 5 min when your in a group shorter than 5 min
    Then asshats will just form groups to troll you and kick you so you earn a debuff.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Honestly, while cross-server made it more accessible to raiding, it destroyed the small knit communities that were prevalent on most servers.

Realm hopping is mostly a problem because it's annoying to have people jumping in and out of your groups just because you chose to put it on auto-accept. If they implemented a system where you could hop between realms without having to abuse the LFG system that would be an okay solution. I'd like to see them remove CRZ all together and make a hard merge of realms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    Honestly, while cross-server made it more accessible to raiding, it destroyed the small knit communities that were prevalent on most servers.
    Server communities died when patch v3.3 was released....
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Then asshats will just form groups to troll you and kick you so you earn a debuff.
    When your kicked you dont get the debuff..

It should be easy to see if someone gets kicked or leaves

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    Merge servers instead. If we had bigger server communities they could just remove xreal all together

Here we go. It seems blizzard did see it as a problem

With patch 7.0.3 Blizzard changed the way you transfer from realm to realm when joining a cross realm group. In patches 6.2.4 or prior, there was a global group transfer, where you would change your realm depending on the current realm of the party. If a group was on Sunstrider realm and you joined that group, you would be transferred to the Sunstrider if you’re not in combat.

As Garrosh said to Gul’dan: “Times change.” With Legion release there’s a new rule: the first person from the party, who enters the zone, will mark that zone for its player’s realm.

What that means:

Zones are now independent and you change realms in there depending on its current flag. Flag is put once a player is in a group and enters a zone. Flag is being removed when all players leave that zone.
    You’ll be transferred if you’re in a zone, and you join a party with a player already in that zone.
    You’ll be transferred if you enter the zone’s by crossing its border and there’s already a player from your group in that zone.
    You’ll NOT be transferred if you enter zone if no other player from your party is there.
    Even if you’re not a leader, if you were the only person from the group in the zone and another player from that group comes to that zone, he will be transferred to your realm, since you’re the first person, who entered that zone while in a group.
    from curseforge

/disregard
    Last edited by rda; 2016-07-23 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    Honestly I cant believe blizzard cant see how much it hurts the game.
    Sounds like someone was camping something and got it stolen by a realm hopper

Not really that big of an issue if at all

With patch 7.0.3 Blizzard changed the way you transfer from realm to realm when joining a cross realm group. In patches 6.2.4 or prior, there was a global group transfer, where you would change your realm depending on the current realm of the party. If a group was on Sunstrider realm and you joined that group, you would be transferred to the Sunstrider if you’re not in combat.

*snip*

Is this official?