Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    I'm looking forward to pugs where I actually have a chance to gear up my alts, without stuff like...LFM H HFC all paladin gear res 720+ from the 680 ret RL.
    You know you didn't have to join groups like that?
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Dat ninja tears.. soo sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Sad that there can't be decent discussion about this.

ML has a place even outside guild grps but this thread is full of fucktards screaming "I got ninja'd once in 2005 fuck yea this idea is great!!!!" and "If you are against this idea you're a ninja!!!"

Ironically a lot of the people screaming this are the absolute shitters that are somehow dumb enough to take offense about a warrior reserving a trinket when they were on their hunter. Like it negatively affected them?

I don't think a person reserving a piece of loot for forming and leading a group is excessive. It's a shit job herding cats. If this is about ninjas then Blizz should work on some kind of karma or feedback system or something.
    It is even worse on the WoW forums. Oddly almost all of the people that are for the change if you look at achievements don't pve at all or at the most do some lfr, which this doesn't effect. People acting like they were or are forced to join groups with loot or other things set a different way then they want are just morons. If something is on reserve and that bothers you don't join, it really is that easy. The complainers seem to want to be able to jump into any and all groups and want loot the way they want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Really? You for real think that? Ok so by your logic, that group of mythic raiders that just need one trinket for their new player, they will just keep running those type of runs on personal loot? Get serious. How can you even think that?

Good riddance to it is what i will say since really i have no interest in having to be the means to gear up some fucking special snowflake like that really get serious how can you even think it should be ok to force your ninjaing and reserving shit nonsense on others. you want to gear that person up well make your own fking run with your own fucking guild and if not even people is interested in working for the "guild" well perhaps you have a bigger problem you need to address instead of wanting to STEAL loot from others.

Really if that new player is so part of your guild why not get all your guildies out in full force and support your fellow man in the guild isnt that what the guild is for in the first place?

Deleted
    I am extremely sad about this change as at the start of every expansion, after I had finished progressing on my main, I created a lot of PuGs for the sole purpose of gearing my alts and reserving gear for them. The change is rather stupid imo, because creating a group is very stressful and I deserve to get gear for my alts.

Quote Originally Posted by boothisphere View Post
    Why dont people just join guilds?
    They just want to be able to ninja loot stuff thats only reason they would object to this change.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Sure, more people will want to join, but HUGE numbers of people who used to lead pug raids will not now.
    And why is that? Because they can't reserve the item for themselves or for a friend anymore? I really don't see a reason why the honest PuG leaders we had prior to this patch won't continue to make PuG raids anymore.

You are only looking at it from the loot angle of an item you want. Look at it this way, imagine there is a group of mythic raiders who want to reserve say, a trinket. If you don't even want that trinket, because it's not for your class, you just struck gold. You are in a group that won't fail, and nobody wants any of the loot, except the reserved item.
    Except that there are other players in that group that may want the item I want, and if they're friends or belong to the raid leader's guild, you can be sure they'll take the item instead of me. Just because the item being 'reserved' isn't the one I want, it doesn't mean I won't have competition for the item I do want.

That is gone now.
    And thank goodness.

That will never ever happen again for you. You will never again see a group well past the content carrying people for free so they can get that one reserved item for their guildie.
    I have never seen guilds "carrying others for free" just so a guildmate/friend could get a specific item. Especially not 'mythic guilds'. And why would they need to form a PuG group, anyways? Mythic raid guilds have enough active people in them to make their own "let's get this item for <guildmate>" raids without having to resort to pugs.

Now, they will just run short handed so they can keep it as a guild run and use ML.
    Unless you're doing Mythic raiding, you never run 'short-handed' unless you're going with less than 10 people. And considering mythic raiding requires 20 people, I doubt a guild like that would ever go 'short-handed' for normal and heroic raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    You want crazy stuff like that join your special snowflake guild where loot council rewards teh GM and the officers loot first since they are more important people than you.
    Don't join groups like that, it is that damn easy.

Personal beats master loot on every level.
    Having tier bosses not drop any tier when they would have dropped 2 to 5 pieces normally is a pretty big reason to avoid it.

Deleted
    Good riddance to it is what i will say since really i have no interest in having to be the means to gear up some fucking special snowflake like that really get serious how can you even think it should be ok to force your ninjaing and reserving shit nonsense on others. you want to gear that person up well make your own fking run with your own fucking guild and if not even people is interested in working for the "guild" well perhaps you have a bigger problem you need to address instead of wanting to STEAL loot from others.

Really if that new player is so part of your guild why not get all your guildies out in full force and support your fellow man in the guild isnt that what the guild is for in the first place?
    You have a really smooth run in return, with change to get items for your character, except that one item reserved. That sounds quite nice, imo

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    I am extremely sad about this change as at the start of every expansion, after I had finished progressing on my main, I created a lot of PuGs for the sole purpose of gearing my alts and reserving gear for them. The change is rather stupid imo, because creating a group is very stressful and I deserve to get gear for my alts.

Which is why i NEVER join up to those runs since really it is INSANE to watch a scrub that have taken no effort in his character and sits at some 674 ilvl looking to reserve every 720 item that drops and on top of it he is looking to get carried as well.

Really if i am to raid with scrubs like that they should be paying ME for the carry.

You deserve the loot and other people don't? Creating a group isn't that difficult, it certainly isn't stressful. If you think it is be happy you no longer have to deal with those stresses any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    I'm looking forward to pugs where I actually have a chance to gear up my alts, without stuff like...LFM H HFC all paladin gear res 720+ from the 680 ret RL.
    You always had the option to just not join those groups and find something else. Are people really so dense?

You have a really smooth run in return, with change to get items for your character, except that one item reserved. That sounds quite nice, imo

No i am passing on that one since like i said no interest in doing free carries for some special snowflake joe smuck scrub sitting at 673 ilvl reserving all trinkets and tier for my warlock, and any other cloth that is an upgrade as well is reserved.

That insanity creates an unbalance in the raid roster in that run since rightfully not a single cloth // int dps will be interest in joining that run and you get over slotting other main stat// armor class ranks with too many players to get a viable amount of T/H/D

So no interest in those ever since they are nothing but worse chance for loot than personal for the players affected by it. so like i said only one that would object to it is ninja looters ( which reserving everything you need is basically when you look at it objectively) and special snowflakes that think they are better than anyone else and that we the snowflakes need the gear more.

Deleted
    I dont understand why people are so triggered about our views. People have the option to not join a raid whose raid leader says that some items are reserved. Not all pugs reserve items in the first place. If you join such a group, you more than likely are fine with the idea.

If it is that stressful for you perhaps you should just run it with your guild where your GM can ninja it all to himself and his fellow officers.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont understand why people are so triggered about our views. People have the option to not join a raid whose raid leader says that some items are reserved. Not all pugs reserve items in the first place. If you join such a group, you more than likely are fine with the idea.
    Just run with your guild dont abuse others to make yourself rich we dont need that special snowflake syndrome in the game

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Reserving items is ninja looting. You just say so at the beginning and is pretty douchey. I make my own raids when I PUG and I make them all PL. I never have to deal with retards who think that ML gives then the right to steal loot from the rest of the raid. It's almost as bad is throwing a tantrum on the internet with an "I QUIT" thread and then arguing with randoms about a game you don't even play anymore.
    You are a special little snowflake aren't you? No it is not ninja looting, You all agree to the fact that 1 item is reserved, if you don't like it, don't join the group.

Yes I quit the game, because blizzard keeps on pruning everything, and Its a shame, that is why I feel I need to address this to perhaps make then think overwise.

Did we really need another thread on the subject?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ster-loot-pugs

And yeah, after ~15 pages of each thread I'm starting to get tired, you people sound the same as botters, just see the analogy "no more ML no more pugs for you" ~ "no more botting no more mats on AH for you".

Maybe there will be less pugs but maybe they will fill faster because the legit pugs won't be lost between 20 "gear me up" & "gear my buddy up" setups.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2016-07-23 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    No, there were really no options when nearly every group is ML, "reserved, etc. Regardless of your belief, it was indeed a broken system. Blizzard knows how many complaints and reports they had regarding ninja looting, and fixed the issue.
    Okay so everyone made a fucking ML group. What is stopping you from creating a group with PL? You don't want to spend the time it takes? You don't think you can handle it? Why? You had the option to make a group with personal loot, and since so many of you low PL then it shouldn't be a problem for you to make a group

Just run with your guild dont abuse others to make yourself rich we dont need that special snowflake syndrome in the game
    Enlighten me please. How exactly is it abuse to reserve items? What is it that forces you to join those groups?

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    You always had the option to just not join those groups and find something else. Are people really so dense?
    You're on the internet mate. Yes, people certainly are this dense.
    Last edited by Captain Douchebag; 2016-07-23 at 05:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Someone sounds entitled.
    That's ok if you think that's being entitled, but you're gonna have to deal with people like me not bothering anymore to create good groups.

We'll have to see how much the quality of pugs will drop.