Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Everything gets scaled towards the correct ilvl anyways if you enter arena or bg and even outdoor pvp content.
    So it's basicly worth no time farming?
    You're misinformed. Read up on how it works and come back once you've done that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Such system doesnt work for MMORPG game. WoW isnt compettive game. It is RPG.
    Odd, the world first races in PvE and the Arena tournament invitationals for PvP seem to disagree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Everything gets scaled towards the correct ilvl anyways if you enter arena or bg and even outdoor pvp content.
    So it's basicly worth no time farming?
    It's an alternative to gearing up through a PvE route (world quests, reps, Order Hall, dungeons, or raids). At worst, it can be useful for latecomers to gear up through PvP thanks to the normalized stat templates, combined with the relatively low cost of each piece after the new changes to Marks of Honor, meaning they won't just be getting rocked by geared players slumming in non-rated content until they can gear up.

As to why, same reason anyone wants new gear. It's the pellets to keep the rats running the maze; classic operant conditioning in its purest form.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Casual Pvp participation is going to collapse in Legion due to lack of reward. It's going to be S5 from Wrath all over again but without Wintergrasp to save it.
    Even easier to get gear than it was before is no reward?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FOO914 View Post
    You should be farming both, now you just have half of the fun.

This is one of the most stupid ideas Blizzard has bring to this game.
    Good thing you will still be getting gear and trying to raise that ilevel, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    You now farm gear for PVP in raids. Welcome to Legion.
    And every other expansion ever. Even more so if you are looking at bis pvp items.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Odd, the world first races in PvE and the Arena tournament invitationals for PvP seem to disagree.
    You have this odd belief that those things have anything to do with an MMO "working".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Even easier to get gear than it was before is no reward?
    What the hell are you talking about.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    You won't be farming gear in Legion. You're supposed to farm your rating.
    Wow sounds fun. I will have bigger numbers. Thats what i want from rpg.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Most casuals, I contend, have been doing PvP to get gear for PvE, and this has been true since BC. Remember welfare epics for losing ten games a week? That was taken out at the start of Wrath and PvP participation crashed. Now welfare Ashran CP gear will be gone and casual (that is, unrated) PvPers will get gear on par with heroic 5 mans. Participation will crash again, I am predicting.
    I play OW along with millions of other folks, and there is no power reward. It's just fun. So, I don't accept the premise that people will play only for gear if the game is actually fun.

The PvP game became UNfun when BGs became stupid for casuals because of two things:
    (1) rated players effectively twinking because of hugely powerful conquest gear
    (2) those fucking bots

Also
    (3) the era of the 3rd party whole raid premade finder

I went from 115,000 HKs in 2-3 years to a few hundred the years after that. The problem with PvP for the past few years for causual is that it's not fun. The problem is not that the gear reward isn't enough. NO gear reward is enough to make me play max-level PvP from Cataclysm till today.