I played Balance a little in WoD and could not get in to get but as of the pre-patch and a little in the ptr i have been enjoying the class a lot. What i wanted to ask is if there is a website that it centered around Balance. Rotation guides, in detail guides and information about spec updates. Anything like that?(I know alot of this stuff is here on MMO-Champ but would be cool if there was an website all on its own.
    Last edited by Mursy; 2016-07-23 at 06:52 AM.

Deleted
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20745626938

closest thing to what you want.

How huge is the AP gain difference between picking blessing of ancients and shooting stars on single target or cleave? Not a big fan of the permanent blue glow and I like the idea that my dots have some interraction other then just doing damage

Quote Originally Posted by Catbug View Post
    How huge is the AP gain difference between picking blessing of ancients and shooting stars on single target or cleave? Not a big fan of the permanent blue glow and I like the idea that my dots have some interraction other then just doing damage
    I too hate the glows and might like the talent if I could just make it active without having to be see-through.

Well, we can just ignore haste since it affects both equally, so it comes down to calculating average AP/time unit.

BoA is 40% of AP for LS and SW(which both generate the same AP/time), which comes out to 4/2.5 or 1.6 AP/s while casting LS or SW.
    Shooting Stars gives a 10% chance for 5 AP every tick, which should normally be 2 ticks every 2s, so we get about 0.5 AP/s.

Single target is pretty clear cut for BoA(you'll be spending more than 1/3 of your time on SW/LS), multitarget it should be roughly a wash at 2 and clear advantage for Shooting Stars at more than 2 targets.

AC is good for fights with short burst phases where sustained damage is less important, obviously.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    So what sort of DPS are people getting in heroic-ish gear atm? I'm between 45k and 60k depending on the type of fight, and I feel like I can't really do that much more unless there are alterations to my spec that would help.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    So what sort of DPS are people getting in heroic-ish gear atm? I'm between 45k and 60k depending on the type of fight, and I feel like I can't really do that much more unless there are alterations to my spec that would help.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...gregate=amount

Sorry to spam here but I just had to ask. I'm I the only moonkin who feels his dps is considerably lower than it was prepatch. Or im just doing something wrong.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Sorry to spam here but I just had to ask. I'm I the only moonkin who feels his dps is considerably lower than it was prepatch. Or im just doing something wrong.
    You are missing one of your most important ability that will come from the artifact, so that's not really something to worry about atm.

You are missing one of your most important ability that will come from the artifact, so that's not really something to worry about atm.
    So atm, we are doing less dps because of that? I tried Archi HC and i couldn't do over 90k now while I was able to do 125k before prepatch...

So atm, we are doing less dps because of that? I tried Archi HC and i couldn't do over 90k now while I was able to do 125k before prepatch...
    Most classes lost a chunk of DPS with the prepatch, and especially burst DPS.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's a massive resource generator as well as very decent damage skill so yeah it very much affects what you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    Most classes lost a chunk of DPS with the prepatch, and especially burst DPS.
    It's a massive resource generator as well as very decent damage skill so yeah it very much affects what you can do.
    Well I never understood a need to change something before you can actually fully use benefits from it. Atm I feel like a chicken that got his feathers plucked out slowly.

Everybody got weaker on top of losing all group buffs. That's why the HFC nerf is so extreme.
    Well I never understood a need to change something before you can actually fully use benefits from it. Atm I feel like a chicken that got his feathers plucked out slowly.
    Don't. All things considered we actually came out looking rather well.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Everybody got weaker on top of losing all group buffs. That's why the HFC nerf is so extreme.
    Yeah but if most classes lost like moonkins did then 30% nerf isnt that great at all. I tried to solo ToT 1st boss and I couldn't ( as moonkin ), didn't even got him o 70% HP before i got destroyed, before prepatch I was able to kill him in <30sec ( 10man normal ). Atm I'm not enjoying the class, probably 1st time in 9+ years.....
    Last edited by markos82; 2016-07-23 at 06:01 PM.

HFC Mythic is at -40% damage and -50% HP now.

Yeah but if most classes lost like moonkins did then 30% nerf isnt that great at all. I tried to solo ToT 1st boss and I couldn't ( as moonkin ), didn't even got him o 70% HP before i got destroyed, before prepatch I was able to kill him in <30sec ( 10man normal ). Atm I'm not enjoying the class, probably 1st time in 9+ years.....
    What's your gear like? I had no issues soloing all of 10 normal ToT yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    What's your gear like? I had no issues soloing all of 10 normal ToT yesterday.
    ilvl741 Perhaps i took wrong talents but still... I could have killed him before patch with my eyes closed now nope... I tried council they destroyed me....

ilvl741 Perhaps i took wrong talents but still... I could have killed him before patch with my eyes closed now nope... I tried council they destroyed me....
    With the loss of the ability to frontload 3 starsurges and get shooting star procs from dots (whereas now you have to talent into a much weaker version that gives a pitiful 1/8 of a Starsurge cast upon proc), you're going to be a lot worse off in terms of soloing content.

Balance druids now have to hard cast more than ever. The new iteration of balance druid has even less mobility than it had before; it's easily one of the most turret-like classes now. It's all on the hardcasts.

This is one of the things I am truly going to miss about boomkin, especially for leveling and the dailies grind, being able to pull all mobs within 40+yards by running around with starfall, and the mobility to keep my distance from them while maintaining damage. Starfall just isn't quite built for this anymore with its drop targeting system. not to mention being able to slow mobs with mushrooms and keep them in check with ursols vortex.