Thread: [TV] The Flash!

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    opinions, opinions and nothing but your opinions - the people in my circle prefer the one and only flash to be BARRY
    Wow, you must've been bummed when they killed Barry in 1985, and deemed him so boring that they left him dead for 23 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    Wow, you must've been bummed when they killed Barry in 1985, and deemed him so boring that they left him dead for 23 years.
    Na by that time my country was so far behind on comcis he was still alive when he died in the land of free willy. So I never read that as a kid and when I got back to him Crisis 2 had allready happend and he was alive again
    (ps: the only one who deemed him boring was you but thats kinda offtopic aint it. But hey stick to YOUR flash where everyone these day will ask you "the wehite or the black one?" )

(ps: the only one who deemed him boring was you but thats kinda offtopic aint it. But hey stick to YOUR flash where everyone these day will ask you "the wehite or the black one?" )
    I'm not sure why you're trying to frame this as a few people's isolated opinions. In 1985, Barry Allen's run on the Flash was canceled, after a number of attempts to boost sales (including the extensive "The Trial of the Flash" storyline) failed. He was sent off to the 30th Century with his resurrected wife Iris to live happily ever after... and then they turned around and killed off his character in the Crisis. And this wasn't a "Death of Superman" style story where he was killed to boost sales in anticipation of an eventual return. He was killed off and replaced with his nephew, and was left dead for over two decades of real time. If DC Comics thought they could have made money with Barry Allen, he would have been brought back a long time earlier than 2008. He just wasn't that popular back then.

Wally West's time as the Flash started off slow, but became wildly popular during Mark Waid's run, and it was during his tenure that concepts like the Speed Force were introduced to Flash canon. And the Barry Allen on TV's The Flash is based a lot more on Wally's comic book personality than Barry's, hence his popularity.

Deleted
    And the Barry Allen on TV's The Flash is based a lot more on Wally's comic book personality than Barry's, hence his popularity.
    Your opinion again. Okay by this point we have established everything not your opinion is bullshit in your opinion, okay.....

- - - Updated - - -

Wally West's time as the Flash started off slow, but became wildly popular during Mark Waid's run, and it was during his tenure that concepts like the Speed Force were introduced to Flash canon.
    Right and for that reason its canon that Barry is creating the speedforce cause you ofc introduce that without him :P

Now whos the villian flash whos the villian!!! do you bleed!?!!?!? you wilLLLLLLLLLLL!

haha nah, looks alright. Hopefully doesnt get CW superhero season 3 syndrome.

Right and for that reason its canon that Barry is creating the speedforce cause you ofc introduce that without him :P
    Yep, that's exactly what they did. They introduced the Speed Force in 1994, almost a decade after Barry Allen's death, and only after his return did they retcon Barry Allen as himself generating the Speed Force (during 2009's Flash:Rebirth series).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Now whos the villian flash whos the villian!!! do you bleed!?!!?!? you wilLLLLLLLLLLL!

haha nah, looks alright. Hopefully doesnt get CW superhero season 3 syndrome.
    I'm wondering how long this Flashpoint event will last. That "Who's the villain now?" line seems like a good place to end the first episode, so I'm thinking it's got to be at least a two-parter. But it also has to be resolved before the crossovers begin in December, so it'll be less than eight.

Yep, that's exactly what they did. They introduced the Speed Force in 1994, almost a decade after Barry Allen's death, and only after his return did they retcon Barry Allen as himself generating the Speed Force (during 2009's Flash:Rebirth series).

- - - Updated - - -

I'm wondering how long this Flashpoint event will last. That "Who's the villain now?" line seems like a good place to end the first episode, so I'm thinking it's got to be at least a two-parter. But it also has to be resolved before the crossovers begin in December, so it'll be less than eight.
    Or the cross over is the resolving of it.

"During their Hall H panel at San Diego Comic-Con, Warner Bros. released the first official teaser trailer for Zack Snyder’s Justice League along with an image of the full team in costume, giving us our first look at Ezra Miller as the Fastest Man Alive alongside the rest of the members of the Justice League.
    Mouse over video for audio

Shortly after the panel, ScreenRant had the chance to catch up with Grant Gustin, who plays The Flash on the fan favorite CW series. Speaking with the site, the actor shared his thoughts on Miller’s costume in the movie. Here’s what he had to say:

“Oh sick, I haven’t seen it [is handed phone displaying Justice League image]… They’re completely different. Yeah, I mean I was kind of expecting this, I heard it was going to be kind of like Injustice. I hadn’t seen this yet, what else is out. Sorry I’m scrolling through the whole thing, I haven’t seen this picture. Yeah, that’s sick. Um… yeah, it’s sick. I’m glad it’s really different though [laughs]. Because ours is like a street, vintage feel that I don’t think has been done in any other version of the character.”"

http://heroichollywood.com/grant-gus...flash-costume/

As you can see in the sizzle reel, we’ll have a big bad in Dr. Alchemy, voiced by Saw’s Tobin Bell, who might be able to give Tony Todd a run for his money. Season 3 will actually have two big bads, Todd Helbing said, and the other will be an as-yet-unnamed speedster. (Yes, another one.)

Speaking of speedsters, how about that Kid Flash? When Lonsdale asked the crowd how we felt about his new costume, the room erupted. Asked how Kid Flash will compare to The Flash, Lonsdale said, “There are similar qualities. He’s Kid Flash, so I tried to play him with a young, lighthearted, almost cockiness to him that can almost be his downfall. But he’s just in a really good place mentally. He’s never been more sure of himself.”

When discussing the changes caused by Flashpoint, Todd Helbing said, “This is something that’s going to ripple through the whole season.” Flashpoint does not undo Barry’s particle accelerator zap, but it does turn Cisco into an “ostentatious billionaire.” When asked, “How does that happen?” Valdes replied drily, “Well, so Barry turned back time, and he created a different timeline in the process. Some would call that Flashpoint… His specialty is making money. Like, legitimately, that’s all his arc. He’s always flexing how much money he has and how rich he is. That’s pretty much his best qualities.” But don’t worry – we’re not losing quick, quippy Cisco. “He’ll still have quips – he’s still very quick, he’s still an engineer at heart, he’s fascinated by how the world works. At his heart, he’s still Cisco.” I cannot wait for this.

What will likely be the saddest repercussion of Flashpoint is the newly distant relationship between Barry and Joe. Martin says Joe’s in a bad place in this new reality, and he’s a bit self-destructive – not that Barry’s going to let him self-destruct entirely. “Even though we’re not tight like that anymore, Barry is the one that makes sure Joe still has a job.”

So yeah, that will probably make me cry. Gustin and Martin acknowledged that their scenes often make viewers cry. Gustin shrugged, “It’s good storytelling. I think our real life bond is really strong, and Barry and Joe are so close. Joe’s always there for Barry, but Barry’s also there for Joe. It’s a really good relationship.”

Oh, and no big deal, but then they got up and showed off the soft-shoe routine they’ve been practicing. Martin is an accomplished singer and dancer, and he’s been taking Gustin under his tutelage. It was, seriously, the BEST.

As seen in the footage, we’ll be watching Barry court Iris, who has no idea who he is. Gustin jokes, “I think his plan was just ‘I’m gonna find her, and it’s gonna work out.' Good old Barry logic.” Todd Helbing assuages any concerns about the delayed gratification of Barry and Iris’ finale kiss, “In Season 3, Barry and Iris ultimately find each other.”

Everyone was pretty vague about Cavanagh’s new reality. “Harry doesn’t exist anymore,” Gustin said, and Cavanagh joked, “What’s nice is, not being on the show, but being allowed to come to Comic-Con.” Everyone’s excited to play a new version of their character thanks to Flashpoint, but Cavanagh’s pretty accustomed to that already. “By the time this series ends, if I can get to the triple digit of characters that I play, that would be a nice little bucket list to check off.”

Felton, best known as Harry Potter’s Draco, made a good point. “Last time I was here, I was representing a franchise…symbolized by a lightning bolt.” When asked if we should view his character, a forensic analyst and potential rival for Barry, as a threat, he replied, “I think any character I play, you should see as a threat.”

And regarding cross-overs, which will be epic this season with all four series now on The CW, we learn two small scoops: Arrow’s Felicity will join The Flash in Season 3’s second episode, and though all of the series will be somewhat affected by Flashpoint, as they’re all in the same universe, “Arrow will be affected the most.”

The Flash’s third season will premiere on The CW on Tuesday, October 4.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/07/...flash-season-3
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

"You got GLEE in my FLASH, no you got FLASH in my GLEE"

two great tastes that taste great together...I hope.

It appears there will be a a Flash/Supergirl musical crossover in the 2nd half of the season
    http://nerdist.com/the-flashsupergir...dc-tv-madness/

it worked for buffy that one time
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

If they do indeed make a musical episode I just hope its a villian that has the power to alter reality thats why they are singing, rather than busting out some blues over iris not knowing who you are

We should also be getting some Grodd this season. He's been on that island for awhile now

They had a Grey's Anatomy episode once where someone got hit in the head and suddenly everyone was singing. Maybe Barry runs into a wall real fast?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Zatanna

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    it worked for buffy that one time
    Rumor is the same person would be directing it...
    That was one of my favorite epsidoes of that series and the FEELS when she belted out about being in Heaven and the look on their faces when she said it.

I'm hoping for Mr. Mxyzptlk but expecting Zatanna or some such.
    While both would have the power to do it, i would prefer it be Mr. Mxyzptlk and they save Zatanna for another way as a more main part of the League.

"The latest episode of DC All Access includes SDCC interviews with many of the major cast members, in which they talked about their roles in the new season and how “Flashpoint” affects each of them. But some of the most intriguing info came from Grant Gustin, who teased the consequences his time-travelling actions have wrought on Barry himself.

“He’s the only one who knows that the timeline is different. And his memories are gradually being replaced by memories of graduating high school and college, his moments with his family, and when he realizes that those memories are replacing other memories, that’s when he starts to realize how selfish of a decision this was, and maybe he should find a way to try at least to put things to where they were before.”

And if Barry’s memories being lost wasn’t bad enough, the effects of this timeline change could very well result in The Flash no longer being The Flash.

“In the same sense that he’s forgetting a lot of memories, it means he’s forgetting his powers, too. He’s essentially having a full Back to the Future moment, his hand disappearing in front of him.”"

http://heroichollywood.com/flash-gra...s-loss-powers/

"Fans have been eagerly awaiting for the villain Mirror Master to be brought to the CW’s The Flash, after rumors circulated he would be added starting all the way back before season two aired. Now, The Flash has a complete rogues gallery (minus The Top) as they have brought actor Grey Damon (Friday Night Lights) into the fold as the mirror wielding villain.

ComicBookResources supplied the scoop, and recieved confirmation from WB television that the actor is definitely going to play the villain. Damon will play the most well known version of Mirror Master, Sam Scudder, although more than one version of him exist in the comics. Scudder will make his debut during episode four of the season.

WB television’s character description reads:

“One of the Flash’s most infamous Rogues, Sam Scudder — aka Mirror Master — is a smooth criminal with a huge ego. Upon discovering he now has the power to travel through any reflective surface, Scudder embarks on a massive crime spree to prove himself the greatest thief that Central City has ever seen.”

Mirror Master is the last major rogue that the show needs, adding to Captain Cold, Heat Wave, Weather Wizard, Captain Boomerang (from Arrow), Golden Glider, The Trickster, and Pied Piper. All they need now is add The Top to complete the villainous group, even though he is probably the least prominent of the team and was killed off quite a long time ago in the comics."

http://heroichollywood.com/grey-damo...-in-the-flash/

The CW is adding to its DC comics arsenal with another animated show. Freedom Fighters: The Ray is set to debut in 2017. The show will center around Raymond “Ray” Terrill, a reporter who gains light-based powers after being exposed to a “genetic light bomb.” Ray discovers the bomb in his investigation of a secret government project attempting to harness the power of light and weaponize it. Under the name The Ray, Terrill is brought into the fold of a group called Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters.

The Ray will be the first gay super hero lead of any of the CW DC series, and like with Vixen the character is expected to crossover to the live action shows according to CW president Mark Pedowitz.

“That is correct [that the actor is being cast to appear on the show]. Marc Guggenheim did a really good job doing that last time with Vixen and Megalyn. We want that. We want that performer, his voice, to be as part of the live action. That is the intention, to build out these animated shows into the Arrowverse and to be able to introduce them in any of the four shows.”

The show is being executive produced by Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim.

http://heroichollywood.com/cw-adds-n...animated-show/

"Among the major announcements made at this summer’s TCA, Miss Martian will be coming to Supergirl, Dolph Lundgren will be coming to Arrow, and the shows will feature a musical crossover episode. In addition, it was also announced that the shows would be introducing a new gay character into the mix. The shows feature Curtis Holt (Mr. Terrific), Sara Lance, Nyssa Al-Ghul, and David Singh as characters who are already out.

EP Andrew Kriesberg got right to the point with the initial announcement.

“One of the characters will be exploring their sexuality and coming out.”

Greg Berlanti, Executive Producer of all four shows, continued to elaborate on the character and how they plan to feature them. The character is someone significant and coming out will be part of their development throughout the season.

“It is a significant character. We’re not trying to be coy about it…we just really want the audience to enjoy the character development and not be ahead of the storyline.”

EP Sarah Schehcter was also kind enough to give us some hints – more like obvious statements – on who the character could be. Needless to say, we still have no idea after she “narrowed it down”.

“It’s a man or a woman, and it’s on one of the four shows.”

So for now, we can confirm that the character has a gender, and is a character. Who do you think it could be?"

http://heroichollywood.com/cws-dc-te...gay-character/

its baaaaack. Please don't get CW season 3 syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    its baaaaack. Please don't get CW season 3 syndrome.
    With all the promo videos that've come out, I'm starting to feel like I've already seen the first episode.

Barry is enjoying life as an adult with a set of still-living parents.
    Barry tries to reconnect with Iris, who he did not get close to this time around.
    Barry tries to find out why Iris and Joe aren't close anymore, but Joe isn't close to him either.
    STAR Labs is now Ramone Industries, so Cisco doesn't know him. Caitlin is working somewhere else (Mercury Labs?)
    Memory flashes of Doctor Alchemy.
    Barry sees Kid Flash fighting The Rival, arm-whirls Wally into a dumpster when Rival defeats him.
    Take Wally to Ramone Industries for help, kidnaps Caitlin since Ramone Industries doesn't have a qualified bioengineer.
    Tries to explain how he created a new reality. Agrees to help Wally defeat the Rival. Iris suspects they were close in original timeline.
    More memory problems, Barry starts to forget his old life.
    Confrontation with Reverse Flash, "Now who's the villain?" line ends the episode

Might not have the exact order right, but that seems like the entire first episode. Or maybe even the first two. Only real thing left out of all of the trailers is the ultimate resolution to the Flashpoint issue.

Also a point of curiosity: How long has Reverse Flash been Barry's prisoner? We know RF originally lost his powers after killing Nora. Did he lose them again? Has he been locked in a cage for all this time? Or did Barry's bring them both back to the Flashpoint present-day and then imprison him, so it's only been a few days/weeks/months of Eobard being in a cage while Barry is relearning his past when Episode 1 kicks off?.

Guess most will be known in a week.
    Last edited by Khime; 2016-09-27 at 05:15 PM.

Don't forget, quite often the "clips" showrunners use for commercials aren't used in episodes, they will create them solely for the purpose of conveying a message to the viewer without showing too much of the actual episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Don't forget, quite often the "clips" showrunners use for commercials aren't used in episodes, they will create them solely for the purpose of conveying a message to the viewer without showing too much of the actual episode.
    That is true, so I'm hoping I'm proven wrong and there are a lot more surprises in the first two episodes, but I still feel like they've shown us a bunch in these clips - we've seen enough to get a good idea about Barry's relationship status in Flashpoint with regards to Iris, Cisco, Joe, Caitlin, and his parents.

Plus, it's a week before the premier of Season 3 of the Flash, so it's more likely they're using actual footage at this point, as opposed to the "Let's recolor Barry running around" we got as a 'promo' for Season 2 a few weeks after the end of Season 1, or the 'proof of concept' video for Legends of Tomorrow, almost none of which made it into the actual series. True, it might still be footage that got cut, or alternate takes from what ended up in the final version of the episode, but still.
    Last edited by Khime; 2016-09-27 at 09:51 PM.