Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Szekely View Post
    It actually is. Like that's what surprised me about a certain defunct server, it was actually refreshing and fun despite all the blatant flaws. It was an adventure again, one that got me involved in the world and people for the to level, finish quests, and be able to raid over being handed it all.
    So for how long are you willing to do the same things over the same content with broken classes, broken specs, at the skill level the average player is today? You can never revive the time of vanilla, because this isn't 2004. Mentalities have changed, skill levels have changed, everything has changed. Putting out the same content is the same as those guys who play their favorite game form 10 years ago, once the nostalgia is filled (which for me in Nost servers was filled and over filled at lvl 40) you quit and do something else.

It's not new or fresh and you can't even relive it.

Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    Its free, Kid! Its nothing more than a fucking TimeWaster.
    I wish I had enough time in my day to need a time waster..

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Your premise is completely wrong and invalid. 'Vanila Azeroth' started on November 24, 2004, and 'ended' on December 7, 2010. That's little more than six years. Whereas, today (July 23, 2016), it's still less than six years. Five years and seven months, more exactly.

Not to mention that if we go by the content of your opening post, we end up with a completely misleading and 'sensationalist' title. Fix it.
    This is only partially true, the actual Cataclysm and zone changes occurred on November 23rd 2010. The expansion unlocking lvl 80+ content came out on December 7th. (Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/121...ive-11-23-2010)

Vanilla WoW Azeroth lasted exactly 6 years or 2191 days. Cataclysm Azeroth has been with us since said date and thus has only been around for 2070 days so Vanilla Azeroth is still "older" but Cata Azeroth will catch up soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's some things I miss about the old 1-60 grind, mostly specific questlines or specific zones, but overall, I don't miss it that much. I just wish they'd go back and chill on the phasing some so the zones would seem a little more alive (though this is less an issue as it seems lots of players are rolling alts to try out new classes; I'm leveling up a lil' ladygnome survival hunter and she's a blast).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    How many people here have done a single quest in Cata Desolace, Stonetalon mountains, Blasted Lands, Badlands, practically any zone not being a 1-10 zone

Stop lying. No you havent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    How many people here have done a single quest in Cata Desolace, Stonetalon mountains, Blasted Lands, Badlands, practically any zone not being a 1-10 zone

How many people bothered with pre-Cata Desolace? Let's be real here. Don't be that guy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blasted Lands
    no idea on what server you are playing but on mine the blasted lands are always full with people during lvling.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    I hate the 'new world'.

Old Azeroth was way more beautiful. Yes many quests were grindy, but it was an amazing adventure and there were so many awesome quest chains spanning multiple zones. It was epic.

Now every zone is full of obnoxious pop culture references, questing on rails and the zones are fucking ugly now. It's like they were thinking how they could ruin the zones and then did it. Fuck Cataclysm.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-07-23 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    How many people bothered with pre-Cata Desolace? Let's be real here. Don't be that guy.
    Hey I fucked with some vanilla Desolace! Yeah, it was a bitch now that I remember...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    no idea on what server you are playing but on mine the blasted lands are always full with people during lvling.
    Some good pvp went down in the blasted lands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aethermachine View Post
    Hey I fucked with some vanilla Desolace! Yeah, it was a bitch now that I remember...
    I managed to get up to... I think halfway through Honored with the Kol'kar Centaurs before abandoning ship. Only went back to run Mara for the nature resist trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathbykickdrums View Post
    Why the fuck would you waste your time on something that you think is shitty? Are your days that empty
    -

I like how the world is right now, the only thing I like to see is tha they would clean up Deathwing's mess. Like the burned ground in Badlands.
    Some masochists just want to see the world burn...

I've done loremaster on both factions on both sides of the Shattering, so... me?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done both pre and post sundering Loremasters and have levelled through a number of zones, especially during Cata. Post Cata I do spend more time levelling via dungeons, but I cleared out both sets of Azeroth questing (horde side).

That said, as has been mentioned, the premise of the thread is wrong, we're almost at the stage of them being equal length, but we actually had the "vanilla azeroth" experience for longer so far.

Then again, OP seems to imply the game started/most people started playing in WotLK, so ... /shrug

Deleted

Stonetalon mountains on the horde side is epic and temporarily made people actually like Garrosh when Blizzard was still in their schizophrenic phase with him.

If you havent done it, you are missing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    ok
    and i have to do what with the information exactly?
    Hurr durr Classic hurr durr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    So for how long are you willing to do the same things over the same content with broken classes, broken specs, at the skill level the average player is today? You can never revive the time of vanilla, because this isn't 2004. Mentalities have changed, skill levels have changed, everything has changed. Putting out the same content is the same as those guys who play their favorite game form 10 years ago, once the nostalgia is filled (which for me in Nost servers was filled and over filled at lvl 40) you quit and do something else.

It's not new or fresh and you can't even relive it.
    Doesn't sound much different than content droughts. Every year or so you spend 14 months in the same stagnant shit with no change, yet somehow people still tolerate that even though it ends up reduced to a facebook game.

I have done many, many quests in all those zones on several alts, especially Blasted Lands which has the best XP anywhere - leveling 58-60 is certainly faster there than in Hellfire Peninsula. In fact, it's been a while now, but I'm almost pretty sure my path when I leveled my goblin back in Cata was to go through Sonetalon Mountains and Desolace, both of which I had been through a couple times in vanilla and I was especially impressed with the improvements to Desolace. And yes I regularly visit Badlands when I level alts.

PS: I'm not saying Cata zones on the whole are uniformly better than their vanilla counterparts, but those zones definitely are.
    Furthermore, I consider that China must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll always feel nostolgic for the old world. I think it was a mistake to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    Its free, Kid! Its nothing more than a fucking TimeWaster.
    So you waste your time doing things that you think is shitty? You do realize even if you don't give blizzard $15 a month you are still giving them money and more then u normally would right?

WoW is b2p for me as well but I know they make a extra $5 off me playing.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I did on my first character. It was AIDS as fuck and a total waste of time. I never quested in Desolace after that, because fuck that place.