Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is warlock worth taking anymore?

After some researching and playing the new warlock specs I have found they will not be in the top DPS. Does anyone else agree or disagree with me. And which Warlock spec do you think will be the best in Legion, for I do not know?

Not sure you know what you're talking about. They're fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm, better ask in the warlock section. But last I heard, they are doing fine.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoder View Post
    After some researching and playing the new warlock specs I have found they will not be in the top DPS. Does anyone else agree or disagree with me. And which Warlock spec do you think will be the best in Legion, for I do not know?
    Oh dear god. Of course warlocks are worth taking. What is with this doom and gloom people have with not being #1 on the damage meters? If you're a good player, a guild will take you. That is THE MOST important part about raiding. All other considerations are secondary and hardly worth mentioning outside of the world first race and top 1-50 guilds. Unless you're part of that crowd, quit worrying about your position on the "meters" and play well. Chances are, if you ARE part of that group of "elite" you're not going to come to forums and ask random strangers what class you should play because you've already gotten that figured out.

Destro wasn't top spec for HFC, but they were 1 of the best specs for progress for 2 things: 1) Survivability and 2) Insane burst DPS on priority targets(A good Destro Lock is unbeatable on Archi Infernals for example).

It still has both of those traits going forward, with somewhat more enhanced capabilities in Cleave, making them terrifying in situations where there are 2 targets constantly(2 target cleave for full boss fight essentially increases their DPS by 80%).

Quote Originally Posted by Spoder View Post
    Did your research show every balance pass or hotfix that Blizzard will push out over the next two years? I'd love to see your findings, really.

The expantion is not even out yet. Stuff will chanage. Pick whatever class you find fun to play. If you're really aiming at top end raiding, pick a few classes and make sure you have enough time to level and gear them all up. With warlock and mage you're usually good though.

One of the specs will always be at least ok and you are ranged after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Oh dear god. Of course warlocks are worth taking. What is with this doom and gloom people have with not being #1 on the damage meters?
    Because everyone loves to project that they're a top 10 world raider on the internet despite coming here of all places to go "durh is my class good guys?"

Demonology Warlock on live is by far the best dps in the game across HFC. I'm not sure if they have the best burst so for speed kills i don't think they're quite the best but certainly stronger than most!! The other specs appear to be fairly week, but they have such small representation (because of how insane demonology is) it is hard to fairly judge them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Destro wasn't top spec for HFC, but they were 1 of the best specs for progress for 2 things: 1) Survivability and 2) Insane burst DPS on priority targets(A good Destro Lock is unbeatable on Archi Infernals for example).

It still has both of those traits going forward, with somewhat more enhanced capabilities in Cleave, making them terrifying in situations where there are 2 targets constantly(2 target cleave for full boss fight essentially increases their DPS by 80%).
    This basically - especially if people are keen eyed enough to see one absolutely ridiculous talent that gets overlooked - Wreck Havoc - http://www.wowhead.com/spell=196410/wreak-havoc

This talent pretty much ensures Destruction will be silly good in many if not most raid encounters and on top of that Destruction got it's single target damage uplifted quite a bit too. Basically, it got massive boosts in various tools it had that make it so good at progression - better/ridiculous cleave, improved survivability (1 min CD Unending Resolve, Soul Leech becoming ridiculous and Dark Pact), more burst with rifts and Lord of Flames, much better burst on pull with 3 charges of rift frontloaded (as a matter of fact, I think Destruction has one of the best on pull burst capabilities in Legion.), heck even its bad mobility got a bump. AoE took a hit however, but can be brought up with talents.

Quite a few things above do require artifact, but you can already play with Wreck Havoc and Roaring Blaze and see potential, it's just Demo right now is so silly broken that there is no reason to play anything but that.

On the other hand, I am quite concerned about Demo at 110, while Destruction will gain tons with Artifact and 110, Demo on the other hand will lose a lot without T18 and Class Trinket and Artifact won't gap this silly power.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    What you are seeing is lazy design by Blizzard. They changed a lot of class trinkets and even some set bonuses to accommodate for the class changes, except for Demonology.

The Class trinket and the 4pc set bonus make way for a degenerate playstyle of turning your rotation into nothing but "Demonbolt/Shadow bolt > Hand of Gul'dan > Demonic Empowerment" and nothing else(of course use CDs and keep Doom up). You ignore 1 of your core rotation abilities(Call Dreadstalkers) and use 1-2 shard per HoG, when you are intended to use 4 or 5 to maximize GCD effiency.

The class trinket is by far the biggest offender of the playstyle, since it does not care how many shards you spend on HoG. So 1 shard HoG has the same 63% chance to spawn 3 Imps as does a 5 shard HoG. And the 4pc bonus just promotes this cancer gameplay because you have so many more imps than ever intended, you get so many 4pc procs that it just gets out of control.

Obviously this is not intended, and will see Demonology disappear into thin air the moment the expansion drops, because the spec has no strengths to speak of, and all the logs you see are speed/tryhard kills, where people overgear the content so much most priority targets or mechanics require only cleave to die.

Deleted
    If you have all the mythic trinkets, then you are the best dps in the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    I take it you haven't tried to pvp against a demo lock

It's beta. Numbers not done yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Way too early to ask such a question. Legion is still in beta and pre-patch was only just released. Numbers are still being tweaked for everyone.

The only relevant question at the time is how satisfying the game experience is.

Lol... of course they are. If the world 1st race players appreciate classes based on different criteria than "who tops meters", so can everyone else. Great players will outperform sub-par players, even with weaker specs.

Best is subjective, its skill not spec/class. Also that kind of thread isnt allowed here. Do some research, and Legion is balance for 110, not 100.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    Demonology is sort of garbage as of right now, however Affliction does good damage and destro is great. Demonology will be fine with a bit of tuning, I wouldn't worry about the numbers and just play what you enjoy.

"not the best" in the prepatch? or even in beta where numbers aren't even tuned. quit being dumb dude

Quote Originally Posted by Rarespawn2012 View Post
    Demonology is sort of garbage as of right now, however Affliction does good damage and destro is great. Demonology will be fine with a bit of tuning, I wouldn't worry about the numbers and just play what you enjoy.
    Demo is top damage by a country mile as of "right now" please refrain from posting bullshit.