Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I find it silly that unholy of all specs has icebound fortitude instead of bone shiel

Would fit so well into the spec fantasy, not to mention it would look good as well. If anything frost could use icebound, being frost and all.

Funny thing is frost does get Icebound Fortitude. So they took it away from blood (the spec that actually needs it) for 'class fantasy' reasons, but then gave it to unholy which makes no sense.

Bone Shield is too strong though. Doubt they want it given to a DPS spec especially when we already have Corpse Shield/

7+ Year Old Account
    funny how blood and frost have raise dead, both unholy spells, and both unholy and frost have deathstrike, a blood spell, and blood has marrowrend, bone shield, bonestorm, all unholy spells, blood and unholy have path of frost, frost spell, frost and blood able to put on unholy crusader, blood and unholy able to put on razorice, and unholy and frost able to put on stoneskin gargoyle, unholy and frost having death grip, a blood spell, frost and blood having anti magic shield, a unholy spell

/s
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I totally agree... wtf. I don't really care about the flavor "ice" & "frost". I care that it is a great Mitigation / movement CD and a dps spec has it and the tank spec doesn't.
    Last edited by slime; 2016-07-22 at 02:25 PM.

Honestly I'm not a huge fan of the whole trying to make the specs so very divisive.

A Death Knight should be a Death Knight first and foremost, they may specialize in necromancy, or frost or blood, but still have elements of the others, like how Unholy use to have a permanent pet, but Frost and Blood could still summon a temporary ghoul as a DPS cool down.

It ultimately isn't a big deal but meh, class fantasy and all.

Unholy still has Chains of Ice and Mind Freeze as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thardin View Post
    Funny thing is frost does get Icebound Fortitude. So they took it away from blood (the spec that actually needs it) for 'class fantasy' reasons, but then gave it to unholy which makes no sense.
    Maybe because Unholy should get some kind of defense? Healing from Death Strike has been nerfed to oblivion...so get rid of Unholy's only defensive ability short of a talent because it's a frost spell? Yeah makes sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Maybe because Unholy should get some kind of defense? Healing from Death Strike has been nerfed to oblivion...so get rid of Unholy's only defensive ability short of a talent because it's a frost spell? Yeah makes sense...
    I know right, unholy should have better mobility, better single target damage, better AOE damage, better burst damage, better ranged damage, more utility, AND more defensive ability than frost, because reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrkyr View Post
    I know right, unholy should have better mobility, better single target damage, better AOE damage, better burst damage, better ranged damage, more utility, AND more defensive ability than frost, because reasons.
    So? Because the devs can't balance everything means we should just say fuck who ever is better? If you're not as good as them then they should lose things?

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    So? Because the devs can't balance everything means we should just say fuck who ever is better? If you're not as good as them then they should lose things?
    I'm saying unholy should have some sort of weakness in comparison to frost, and it doesn't. It is better in every measurable. That isn't how it works for most classes.

So yes, unholy should lose some of its advantages, or frost needs to gain a bunch. Do you really think Blizzard would stand by in inaction if a fire mage did more burst damage, more AOE, more cleave, more single target damage, had better mobility, better survivability, and better raid utility than arcane and frost? Does that sound reasonable to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm saying unholy should have some sort of weakness in comparison to frost, and it doesn't. It is better in every measurable. That isn't how it works for most classes.

So yes, unholy should lose some of its advantages, or frost needs to gain a bunch. Do you really think Blizzard would stand by in inaction if a fire mage did more burst damage, more AOE, more cleave, more single target damage, had better mobility, better survivability, and better raid utility than arcane and frost? Does that sound reasonable to you?
    So yes...fuck Unholy, I'm jealous it's better, so instead of asking for improvements to Frost, I want Unholy dragged down closer to my level!

Yes, Bone Shield was originally an unholy talent.

Quote Originally Posted by fent View Post
    Unholy still has Chains of Ice and Mind Freeze as well.
    If you notice a running theme Unholy very rarely ever gets left at a QoL disadvantage

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Yes, Bone Shield was originally an unholy talent.
    In fairness, it was designed primarily as a tanking talent, back before unholy/frost tanks were deleted to make Blizzards life easier.

Blood is Blood, Bone and Gore.

Blood should have:

Bone shield
    Bonestorm

Frost should have:

Icebound fortitude
    Pillar of Frost/Unbreakable will (the wrath defensive)

Unholy should have:

AMS
    AMZ
    Corpse shield

Frost takes less dmg due to having frigid hardened armor.
    Unholy takes less dmg to it necromantic prowess and shielding itself with its swarm of undead.
    Blood takes less dmg because it is shielded by Blood, Bone and Gore and its vampiric regeneration.

Unholy had bone-shield because unholy basicly had every cool ability in wrath (favorite child) just like it still does over frost today, though slighlty less so after recent nerfs.

Uhm, yes? Pretty much every mage on beta is fire due to this exact reason.

That is like saying that since Unholy, even after the prune, still has a higher skill cap, that Frost should do less damage consistently. I mean being fair and all, right?

Class fantasy wise, they could of made Corpse Shield replace IBF when you spec into Unholy(does the same as IBF, just different graphic and name) and talent wise new name and graphic but same effect.

Since they split up tanking/DPS specs, none of the abilities make sense. That's why they've been gutted over and over of abilities, and abilities have moved around so much. I won't type a wall of text here, but I would have chosen a different direction to solve their 6-spec balance problems