Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    There is no "evidence", outside of the circumstantial "evidence" of her testimony.
    By circumstantial do you mean eye witness account of the events?

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    No it depends on the case, in this case the evidence strongly supports the accuser.
    Does strongly mean something else where you are from?

7+ Year Old Account
    By circumstantial do you mean eye witness account of the events?
    The only "eye-witness accounts" were of him berating her for acting like a drunken idiot, which have nothing to do with the supposed event he's being charged with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Does strongly mean something else where you are from?
    The fact that she was drunk and couldn't consent strongly work in her favor as does the fact his testimony supports her reasoning for not consenting.

The accuser made a case, the defendant didnt have a case to disprove her claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Talk to any club promoter, the reason they go out head hunting for women, groups of us even, is they know the allure of maybe getting to have sex is enough to get guys to spend 20 bucks a pop on a mix drink.
    okay. so it's just one possible aspect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    The only "eye-witness accounts" were of him berating her for acting like a drunken idiot, which have nothing to do with the supposed event he's being charged with.
    That and the victim witnessing the crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    You are only a third world country if this is upheld in appeal. So, it remains to be seen.

Not really. I think the judge had some personal feelings involved, the second a judge starts on with a speech I think it should be labeled a mistrial, don't involve some psuedo moral bullshit in justice. In a lot of ways the US is a third world country, don't go throwing labels.

7+ Year Old Account
    The fact that she was drunk and couldn't consent strongly work in her favor as does the fact his testimony supports her reasoning for not consenting.
    And if he was drinking, he couldn't consent, either.

The accuser made a case, the defendant didnt have a case to disprove her claims.
    The accuser made a case, with no proof. The defendant doesn't have to prove (or disprove) anything. Justice is based on the accuser being able to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the event happened in the manner that he/she claims. The judge made a decision based on circumstantial testimony with no concrete evidence. Period.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2016-07-23 at 07:59 PM.

Thats really not strong proof of anything. You're arguing two different rapes at the same time. One of which is mostly stupid argument. Not only that, if they both had a single drink, neither could consent, and both raped the other.

That and the victim witnessing the crime.
    That is not an acceptable barometer for conviction. Your argument boils down to i'm giving you tough love at a bar for being a moron, but I still care about you so I choose to walk you home. But you say I rape you. And that's ok for you? What if the positions are reversed. And I "witness" you rape me with no other witnesses around and someone else saw us having a completely unrelated argument earlier.

That's such a flimsy ass argument and has no place in a court of law. It should literally be laughed out.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    and I don't for a moment assume that who they are when they're drunk is who they really are and what they say when they're drunk is what they really believe.
    So, in other words, you don't know how alcohol works? It doesn't magically transform your personality or puts the "you that you really are" in some box. It lowers your inhibitions.

Deleted
    Listen and believe! What can go wrong!

None of that means she consented to sex at the time of the act.
    She never resigned her consent either. It was only after they had sex does she mention to anyone "I'm not sure I wanted it, but I never really said no." You look at it from this "doesn't mean she consented to sex at the time of the act" bull shit, but you don't look at it from both sides. She texts him for drinks and sex, he is excited for drinks and sex (potentially). Their stories are so incredibly different, it's so weird that the judge would go one way over the other. But her sayin (not exactly her words, but my interpretation) "I'm not sure I wanted it, but I never really said no." is like... facepalm worthy. She was the one who initiated the sex topic by basically saying "i'll give you sex tonight if you come out" and then later on NEVER struggled, or said no. This is the problem. Her word over his, and his over hers. It's a terrible defense to say "I was just going to take it because I didn't want to get hurt" and then go and tell your friend "I'm not sure I wanted it, I mean... I never said no, but I dunno".

Again, using buzzwords and ad hominem attacks to try and tear down an argument when you have no reasonable debate against it. No one is arguing for college to be dull and sterile. My years in college, which are now more than a decade in the past, certainly weren't. What is being argued here, though, is that you should be responsible with anyone who is potentially impaired. Just like a contract signed on a bar napkin with a drunk person isn't valid, the issue is that any voluntarily impairment is not a defense against crimes committed, nor is it an indication of consent given. Keep in mind, "crimes committed" includes lying about a sexual encounter you had while drunk and called rape.
    She isn't arguing that it's an indication of a consent given. She's arguing that it doesn't remove the ability to consent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weirdly enough, sex isn't something owed to you after a night at the club. If a woman is too impaired to give consent........you can say, "Hey, I'll take a pass."
    Did you miss the text from the accuser that started this all?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    No no no. You're being raped. Silly internalized misogynist.
    Ah, how I missed that term. Haven't seen it in a while.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    No no no. You're being raped. Silly internalized misogynist.
    Look to what they advocate,

They don't want to come out an shut down clubs, or segregate schools, they just want to give licenses to make dating life a fucking mine field. Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I seriously believed that the story had been changed in some way when I first read it... So I looked around, and I can not find ANYTHING for the case to have been judged on other than the testimony of the two involved... As far as I have been able to determine the verdict really WAS given based 100% off of the judges belief in her testimony.

This is so far past ridiculous in a modern legal system it is unbelievable.

That
    and that's why the title of "he said she said" is appropriate.
    we are his...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzPuK1vib_c

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    This is like creationists trying to smear evolution by calling it a religion.