Deleted

Motorola Moto g4

I have a new Smartphone, got it for about 6 days now, but i started having issues today. Every few minutes (sometimes even less than 1 minute) the touchscreen stops responding. The phone itselfs keeps on running, but i can't do anything other than to press the power button to put it in standby(turn screen off) and back on again. After i do that, it works again, for a minute or so. Then i have to repeat it.

Is my Phone faulty?

Return it to where you bought it from, and ask for a working one as replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    I have a new Smartphone, got it for about 6 days now, but i started having issues today. Every few minutes (sometimes even less than 1 minute) the touchscreen stops responding. The phone itselfs keeps on running, but i can't do anything other than to press the power button to put it in standby(turn screen off) and back on again. After i do that, it works again, for a minute or so. Then i have to repeat it.

Is my Phone faulty?
    Probably, Motorola phones are garbage (take this from someone that used to work for Motorola in its micro-processor fabrication dept.)

My advice, return it for a LG

Deleted
    Well its an contract. Phone + Simcard.

I didn't even honestly know that Motorola was around...sounds like it's the 90s
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Deleted
    It's a Lenovo brand these days. Btw using the phones predecessor and that works perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I didn't even honestly know that Motorola was around...sounds like it's the 90s
    Outside of phones, and some military equipment, Motorola has really shrunk its pretense over the past 20 years. They tried to break into the PC market with its "star tac" computers running apple OS. Apple didn't like the competition and refused to sell them upgraded software.

Motorola never quite recovered.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Probably, Motorola phones are garbage (take this from someone that used to work for Motorola in its micro-processor fabrication dept.)

All "budget" phones are garbage. And while I haven't tried the G4, historically speaking you can't get a better quality phone for that money. My G2 is still going strong and haven't even had to reset it. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    I don't know, I've had the moto g1 for like 2-3 years now and it still works fine. It fell on the floor like 50 times, not a scratch. I continuously used it outside in rain, snow and 38*C heat. The apps work fine as well - music, metronome, tuners, books, dictionaries, anki, interval practice, walkie talkie, emails & notifications, fb, youtube, etc. The batery seems to hold up just fine as well.

I needed a cheap spare with a bit more power, but I actually bought the g3 instead of g4 yesterday... g4 is bigger, for whatever fucked up reason, and it's also not water-proof anymore.
    I've had the opposite luck, ive had 3 Motorola phone go up on me, outside of warranty limitations

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    All "budget" phones are garbage. And while I haven't tried the G4, historically speaking you can't get a better quality phone for that money. My G2 is still going strong and haven't even had to reset it. /shrug
    Cool, im glad you've had good luck

Deleted
    Great and all, but any solutions for my issues?

Im also charging the phone atm, btw.
    Last edited by mmoce38467a1b7; 2016-07-23 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Great and all, but any solutions for my issues?

Im also charging the phone atm, btw.
    Try taking the battery out for 5 min

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post

I have friends with LG and they are pieces of garbage. I have had a moto E for a while and my Moto, G4 just came in the mail today. Reviews looked good and I'm excited. Got it on amazon for like $100 so I thought the price was good too.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Seems liek pulling the charger out fixed things. It was an LG Charger, from an old phone. How could that cause the issue, i wonder

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Got it on amazon for like $100 so I thought the price was good too.
    Wait, what? Oh, crap. What is that shit? "Save $50 if the phone comes with 'Offers and Ads'"? Lol. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Wait, what? Oh, crap. What is that shit? "Save $50 if the phone comes with 'Offers and Ads'"? Lol. :/
    Yeah, and my friend had another 50 off from amazon prime came out to a little over 100, when I used his amazon prime since I don't have it.

Arrived today and its fine so far, the adds only show up on the screen where it goes from asleep to waking up before you put in your code or whatever to unlock the phone .
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    I have friends with LG and they are pieces of garbage. I have had a moto E for a while and my Moto, G4 just came in the mail today. Reviews looked good and I'm excited. Got it on amazon for like $100 so I thought the price was good too.
    Different results for different folks I guess. My LG has treated me very very well.