Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Arms isn't that bad on Beta. Fervor for Battle build and Focused Rage build both perform well. But are certainly subject to quite a bit of RNG
    Yes indeed Artunias but mate what about in comparisson with Fury? I mean its obvious whats happening :/. I wont even say in comparisson with some other specs. Im really sad about it. It might not be that bad but it doesnt feel so competitive thats all I want to say.

Quote Originally Posted by By the sword View Post
    Yes indeed Artunias but mate what about in comparisson with Fury? I mean its obvious whats happening :/. I wont even say in comparisson with some other specs. Im really sad about it. It might not be that bad but it doesnt feel so competitive thats all I want to say.
    Well, yes. Fury is better more or less across the board. But I still think a more consistent tactician rate and/or a much lower cooldown could solve a lot of that.

And hopefully you're not worrying about level 100 balancing too much, because arms is a total shit show without the artifact. At level 110 with Shattered Defenses and Corrupted Blood the spec has a lot of potential.

CS resets/cooldown. Rage generation in execute, and maybe just slightly tweaked before execute are the only real issues in my opinion.

A more personal gripe would be Mortal Strike and Execute don't feel exciting or good to hit without Shattered Defenses and Sweeping Strikes does not seem to be very good. Which is mainly because MS and Execute aren't that great on their own.
    Last edited by Artunias; 2016-07-22 at 07:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arms has way too many gcd's to fill. Rend isn't even that bad but since there's too many fucking gcd's to fill, Rend is bad because you can't ignore CS or MS or Overpower (if you're specced). There's too many fucking abilities resetting or proccing where even Whirlwind takes the back seat unless its complete aoe where you just spam it and throw a fucking cleave off cd. Speaking of Cleave, its worthless/deals no damage its only there when you have 3+ targets and you just mindless hit it off cd and spam whirlwind while CS/OP proc 100 times while MS and Slam do nothing

It's like why the fuck even have Overpower/Rend as talents or Slam as an ability when they just get in the fucking way and can't be used? Sweeping Strikes being a shitty talent sucks too and its range is fucking horrible. What exactly was wrong with WoD Sweeping Strikes? Why can't Arms be amazing at cleave? Nope, can't have that, lets have shitty Whirlwind/Cleave spam while everything else just sits there ignored.

Running Mortal Combo will make you hate this spec 100 times more too because MS seems to never have a cool down thanks to fucking tactician reseting MS. So you can legitimately get into situations where all you're doing is spamming MS while everything else is just ignored.

Lame.

Heres hoping enough haste will make dauntless seem unnecessary.

so early on before the WW trait is unlocked on the artifact, with FOB talented is WW still better single target? you have the slam artifact talent early so im not sure between that/tactician % and ww crit talent which is better dps wise. all the guides are either pre patch or from before the recent slam changes.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    i am struggling a bit need advice on this

should i trade the 4th set to get 7% haste?

i can swap tier shoulder and tier leg with 2 items that got lots of haste, is that worth? or 5 less rage on slam is huge?

Running Overpower/Rend/Mortal Combo in pvp. It's proc city but I find it to be pretty good, MS is a bit too spammy lol, but at least there is some shit going on as opposed to WoD arms when there was just about nothing going on, rng feeling pretty consistent too. Opportunity Strikes is really fucking strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Vojka View Post
    Running Overpower/Rend/Mortal Combo in pvp. It's proc city but I find it to be pretty good, MS is a bit too spammy lol, but at least there is some shit going on as opposed to WoD arms when there was just about nothing going on, rng feeling pretty consistent too. Opportunity Strikes is really fucking strong.
    OP is so good. Couldn't imagine playing without it. And yes I agree that OS is really strong as well. Basically gives us sword spec back

Arms and Enh with WF totem is going to feel really awesome and old school!!
    Last edited by Hashcrypt; 2016-07-23 at 05:44 AM.

Well, yes. Fury is better more or less across the board. But I still think a more consistent tactician rate and/or a much lower cooldown could solve a lot of that.

And hopefully you're not worrying about level 100 balancing too much, because arms is a total shit show without the artifact. At level 110 with Shattered Defenses and Corrupted Blood the spec has a lot of potential.

CS resets/cooldown. Rage generation in execute, and maybe just slightly tweaked before execute are the only real issues in my opinion.

A more personal gripe would be Mortal Strike and Execute don't feel exciting or good to hit without Shattered Defenses and Sweeping Strikes does not seem to be very good. Which is mainly because MS and Execute aren't that great on their own.
    You totally covered everything that concerns me as well. So, we need:
    1. Better proc rate on Tactician around 0.80, 0.85% imo is ok
    2. Better rage generation
    3.Maybe a lower cd on CS, 25 sec is fine.
    4.Better numbers tuning on our skills
    But can you and I and everyone trust that blizzard will do this till release? :P

Deleted
    Lol, all this doom and gloom, arms is perfectly fine and in my experience from beta beats fury on ST/2target. As soon as you get 3/3 bonus tactician chance trait you get plenty of CS resets. Pre-patch arms is rubbish, but don't worry, it gets 10000x better with artifact

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilsangel View Post
    Lol, all this doom and gloom, arms is perfectly fine and in my experience from beta beats fury on ST/2target. As soon as you get 3/3 bonus tactician chance trait you get plenty of CS resets. Pre-patch arms is rubbish, but don't worry, it gets 10000x better with artifact
    You can still get some unlucky rng even with a fully unlocked artifact. Doesn't happen too often , but it does. I imagine some relics with + to exploit the weakness would fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    Heres hoping enough haste will make dauntless seem unnecessary.
    I was looking at live parses of Iron Reaver's Patchwerk, and judging by how often Overpower procs, pulling Dauntless back to 10% and cutting Overpower's rage cost in half would bring the two a lot closer — making up overall differences with Seasoned Soldier. At this point I'm wondering if Dauntless' blanket rage savings eventually totally eclipse Sweeping Strikes.

The more I play with a Focused Rage build, the more I find myself kind of enjoying it. It's a pretty niche setup, but assuming the tier bonuses remain somewhat similar to what they are now and you having the Legendary Mortal Strike gloves. The spec could be Stronk like Ox IMO.

But it has a pretty extreme susceptibility to Tactician RNG.
    Last edited by Artunias; 2016-07-23 at 07:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FR sucks because the whole spec revolves around Whirlwind and aoe. It's much better to just mindlessly use Fevor/Trauma and just spam whirlwind than it is to waste a bunch of rage on FR only to hit a big MS after CS.

All of the rage spent on FR ultimately is never worth it. You'll never have enough rage to maintain aoe while stacking FR. The spec just doesn't give a shit about single target damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    FR sucks because the whole spec revolves around Whirlwind and aoe. It's much better to just mindlessly use Fevor/Trauma and just spam whirlwind than it is to waste a bunch of rage on FR only to hit a big MS after CS.

All of the rage spent on FR ultimately is never worth it. You'll never have enough rage to maintain aoe while stacking FR. The spec just doesn't give a shit about single target damage.
    The Focused Rage build with decent RNG is one of the highest single target damage specs currently available?

10+ Year Old Account
    The Focused Rage build with decent RNG is one of the highest single target damage specs currently available?
    What happens to your aoe with FR though?

That's the problem. You can't aoe with Focused Rage. You either talent FR and ignore aoe outside of Warbreaker/Bladestorm or you ignore FR/MS and spam Cleave/Whirlwind which makes FR just a dead talent.

FR just doesn't work with Trauma either because again, you won't have enough rage to keep it up. Without Trauma there goes more aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    What happens to your aoe with FR though?

That's the problem. You can't aoe with Focused Rage. You either talent FR and ignore aoe outside of Warbreaker/Bladestorm or you ignore FR/MS and spam Cleave/Whirlwind which makes FR just a dead talent.

FR just doesn't work with Trauma either because again, you won't have enough rage to keep it up. Without Trauma there goes more aoe.
    No, you're absolutely right. But there are plenty of situations where single target or two target cleave is really all you need, hence my mention of it being a fairly niche spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you're absolutely right. But there are plenty of situations where single target or two target cleave is really all you need, hence my mention of it being a fairly niche spec.
    I wish it wasn't a niche spec. It should be the main thing.

Oh well.

That's kind of the point of talents too. Fit the situation.

Asking here aswell, anyone know if haste will be king in legion aswell?