Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

The GL going down sucks. Not that I used it that often but was nice way how to get some otherwise rare items (IV training items, better balls early on in the game etc). I understand that they'll add new features/gen games but c'mon the system gotta be universal by now. No reason why you couldn't have even gen6 games on your account and just switch into them if necessary and playing old Pokemiles games only...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    -A snowman in a hawai-themed region, ok
    I just wanna point out, there is snow and you can ski on Hawaiʻi aka the Big Island.

Deleted
    So had to head down to a nearby city today for some buisness and played some pokemon go while i was wandering around.
    Then suddenly some guy (25/30 ish old) across the street shouted if i wanted to see his "pokemon" geez....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynax View Post
    So had to head down to a nearby city today for some buisness and played some pokemon go while i was wandering around.
    Then suddenly some guy (25/30 ish old) across the street shouted if i wanted to see his "pokemon" geez....
    And then you spent the next hour wandering around with a new friend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    And then you spent the next hour running away from a creepy guy wanting to rape you.
    Fixed that for you :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Fixed that for you :P
    Well, I got some good exercise chasing after you. Also, found a snorlax!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    What's wrong with pokebank. It's pretty much perfect at its job.
    The fact that you need it to transfer between generations is whats wrong, at least that was my understanding of it when X/Y came out. It would be a fine feature if it was just a cloud storage option.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    The fact that you need it to transfer between generations is whats wrong, at least that was my understanding of it when X/Y came out. It would be a fine feature if it was just a cloud storage option.
    I'll take using the pokebank to transfer between generations rather than the old way of trading to move them.

Why is it "just wrong"? I don't get it. You list absolutely nothing wrong with pokebank. Up until now, it's the absolute best way ever introduced to transfer pokemon from one gen to another. Do you remember Pal Park and the 5 mons per day rule? How about all the other stupid stuff they had come up with and most frequently required you to catch ~600 Rattatas to transfer your pokemon to your latest game?

On the other hand, Pokebank not only allows you to transfer your pokemon from one gen to another requiring a minimal annual fee, but also serves as a deposit, having 100 boxes that can contail 3000 pokemon. I might be reducing the number too.

Let's be serious and objective here: pokebank has been the best and is the best way for transferring, and I honestly can't see how it could improve further, or another way that would be better to transfer pokemon. If your only reason is that it costs 5USD/EURO per YEAR, I have no words.

10+ Year Old Account
    So let us examine what was needed to transfer Pokemon between gens before shall we?

Gen 1 > Gen 2: Trade with special rules, the gen 2 game couldnt bring any new stuff into the trade screen. Required you to have two friggin consoles, plus spare rattattas
    Gen 2 > Gen 3: straight up impossible
    Gen 3 > Gen 4: Pal Park, initially with a 6 mons per 24h restriction, this feature was only enabled due to the unique feature of the regular DS model having two gameslots
    Gen 4 > Gen 5: Poketransfer, a feature similar to Pal Park, this time requiring you to have two consoles (again, see Gen1>2).

So to be quite honest for the purpose of transferring mons between Gens, I could only see unrestricted Pal Park being ever so slightly better. It highly depends on how many mons you want to move. If you plan on moving your entire living dex over, doing this via Pal Park is slow as hell compared to Pokebank. Considering that something like Pal Park will probably never happen again due to requiring two gameslots, I'm very much fine with Pokebank

Deleted
    Shiny Riolu before 5IV Riolu hehe. He's 31/x/x/31/31/31 so only defense missing (timid special attacker with vaccuum wave) which is probably 2nd best case scenario apart from perfect. Not complaining because 1/8 chance of female and having to evolve to Lucario to breed everytime sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I want to stir the pot a bit. I know I'm an adult, it's none of my business, but since there's a few people still holding on to the nostalgia of the Pokemon anime who are also my age, I'll post my opinion of it.

I hate the Anime. Hate everything about it. I feel like it's ruining Pokemon as a whole. The Anime used to tie into the game, now the games are tying into the movies with the stuttered releases of legendaries and such. Pokemon only able to talk their names is stupid, even as a kid felt this way. Most shouldn't be able to do much more than a roar. The actual episodes hold no real substance to them - repetition of the same jokes and narratives over and over again. Characters are being presented flatter and flatter each season.

So when Origin came out for those couple episodes I got all excited thinking it was the reboot I've wanted since gen 2. It lasted 2 episodes then vanished. We're stuck with annoying Ash and his annoying Pikachu that can only ever add PIKAPIKAPIKA between every conversation like a damn alarm clock. Jessie and James still doing the same shit over and over again. Basically, you seen one episode, you seen them all.

Ignoring the fact that the shows are probably targeting kids - don't you think it's about time Pokemon Company puts out an actual TV series aimed at the older generation? Look at PoGO, it's not rocket science that more than half, nay 80% of Pokemon's fandom are college-aged and beyond growing up with gen 1. Apparently the comics get dark, use that as a foundation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it "just wrong"? I don't get it.
    I have no problem with PokeBank being an alternative to transferring, its the fact that its the ONLY way to do it (once again, as far as I understand, in the newer gens I have just started fresh each time, if there is another method please let me know). Even if was a super overly asinine alternate method included as well, I would be satisfied with it, its the fact that they would have given you the alternative option in the first place instead of needing to 100% require the extra application to use a feature that was always included in the series until the Bank was added (excluding 2 > 3 of course).

The main reason I even brought it up in the first place was when I read the "leaks" about the supposed alternate typing of older gen mons' compared to new versions and the only way to get the original versions is from transferring from older gens (not sure if that was implied to be the VC releases or the actual games themselves). Doesn't matter if that rumor is true or not, its just highlighting the problem that it would be a major feature that is controlled entirely by the availability of the bank service to even be accessed (at least if you want to play legit). God forbid they would some day make a new version of the Bank that would not be compatible with older generations making transferring impossible between any games that use the current one.

If people like and use PokeBank, then that's peachy, but I dont see how people can get riled up over the notion of also including a more traditional classic method as well, even if it would be heavily restricted (and honestly it doesn't sound like it would need to be that much anymore if the Bank really is as lax on restrictions as it sounds).

- - - Updated - - -

Translated: More info incoming on August 1st at 2200 JT (600 PDT, 1500 UTC).

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that from Nintendo, or another party like CoroCoro?
    Nvm, looked at serebii.

- - - Updated - - -

Found it on Reddit, made by Kanna (holy crap their artwork is awesome. Has a kind of Avatar Wan history arc vibe to it (http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=2433209))

- - - Updated - - -

I'm playing a B2 nuzlocke again. Pretty good so far. Only lost 1 mon, and I just beat Roxie and got through PokeStar Studios (THANK GOSH!). My team so far is:
    Team:
    Blue the lvl 17 Dewott.
    Nyx the lvl 16 Purrloin (he is a real PITA to level ._.)
    Lif the lvl 15 Sewaddle (hes a beast with Bug Bite, and he just got Razor Leaf)
    Rasner the lvl 16 Growlithe.

Deaths:
    Uch the lvl 7 Lillipup. She died to a crit after 3 levels of training in Flocessy Ranch -.-
    Last edited by Auxis; 2016-07-23 at 02:26 AM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    Walking around town, hatching eggs, visiting stops catching the random mons that appear, come across 3 kids on a bike playing aswell and when they pass me i hear them laugh "hah a girl playing pokemon". 10 min later i just caught a Ghastly and the same 3 guys scurrying around the place and i overheard them saying "wheres that damn Ghastly".
    Hah, take that punks.
    And i bet i would also kick their asses in one of the real games in a fight.

*mumbles something about damn sexist kids needing to get off my lawn*

15+ Year Old Account
    Walking around town, hatching eggs, visiting stops catching the random mons that appear, come across 3 kids on a bike playing aswell and when they pass me i hear them laugh "hah a girl playing pokemon". 10 min later i just caught a Ghastly and the same 3 guys scurrying around the place and i overheard them saying "wheres that damn Ghastly".
    Hah, take that punks.
    And i bet i would also kick their asses in one of the real games in a fight.

*mumbles something about damn sexist kids needing to get off my lawn*
    That's the reason you should have hung out with the 20 something the other day.

Played pokemon since Gen 1. Though I'm kinda sick of the formula by now. The games are basically just used to advertise the anime. Pokemon Go is prob the only way I'll play another pokemon game now. However I would consider it if they end the series and stop making new pokemon and then release a single game where you could get all the pokemon as a standalone game.

The anime I've seen some of the latest episodes. Much better than it was every other season but still isn't different enough to where it's amazing. It's got something closer to actual character development and a story now but if they want to go farther they need to get rid of ash. The community mostly hates him except for girls who literally want to "love" him.

Also the fact that the pokemon don't really have a fair chance against one another kinda hurts the series. I'd love to use all the pokemon I like but some of them suck so hard you can't even beat npcs with them.

Also the games don't have real depth. I'd like to see customization you actually have total control over cuz I was never a fan of farming eggs for years getting the perfect pokemon.

The games are ok for these reasons but has the potential to be much better. One cool thing I'd like to see is if they implemented Dark Souls' multiplayer system to let players act as gym leaders or even normal trainers. You would train the pokemon you want to use for that slot under specific rules for the trainer slot. Then you could train pokemon and be summoned to fight in that slot with the registered pokemon.

That would give pokemon the replayability it needs. =3 Also I know why red and blue didn't have multiple save slots but it's getting way too far into the pokemon life span to be lacking them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyukoyay View Post
    The games are basically just used to advertise the anime..
    i dont see how anyone could possibly think this. the games do whatever they want and the anime just makes its own thing out of it.

its pretty likely they cancelled z and the anime was forced to just deal with it. otherwise we wouldnt have gotten z and would be on alola by now
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552